Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

it may sound insulting but i dont want it to, but have you tried just day labor jobs? like gardening or flagging for construction? its not great work but it keeps you busy and you make some money. did you do college recently? they might have job postings for office work or something on their wall, my community college still does it oldschool that way

Seconding. Manual labor isn't a bad thing. Exercise, sunshine, plus a chance at joining a union. And you get to build things! (in theory)

Socks4Hands posted:

sidenote: asking people for a job and describing the psychic / mystic abilities you believe yourself to have isn't a productive combination. take it from me

how would you know unless you were psychic :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

got any sevens posted:

it may sound insulting but i dont want it to, but have you tried just day labor jobs? like gardening or flagging for construction? its not great work but it keeps you busy and you make some money. did you do college recently? they might have job postings for office work or something on their wall, my community college still does it oldschool that way

Graduated three years ago, and apart from the fact that I've got no muscles anymore from HRT, all the construction and labor stuff requires I have a car, which I do not have. I've applied to menial fast food poo poo and every time they ask if I'm still in college, and I say, "No," and that immediately makes them reject me.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm surprised that anyone can do manual labor on psych medications, when I started taking them I lost pretty much any and all heat tolerance.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
im pissed cause i went on psychology today last night to look for a new therapist and there was a drat article where the author was lauding some writing by jordan peterson on the front page and i was like well gently caress this and closed the site immediately

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It really sucks I can't rely on my parents like others can because they're both white supremacists. loving dad owns a copy of the Turner Diaries and has a nice stockpile of rifles for the race war he swears is coming, and my mom is genuinely baffled and upset that I don't want to interact with someone like that and am not more grateful to him. God, some loving person tried to help but they were way the gently caress away in state and I don't want to move somewhere and be alone there. I just feel desperate because I will have absolutely nowhere to go if I gently caress this up, I don't understand why I keep failing to get a job. I guess I could try a GoFundMe again, but I just feel ashamed for panhandling.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

No shame in it if there's no other option, if people can give you money that's their business

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
what city do you live in? there might be some groups tailored to help you. like in seattle there are some facebook housing groups just for lgbt people, and some transitional jobs and housing nonprofits, there's just like no centralization so you have to talk to each place personally

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

im pissed cause i went on psychology today last night to look for a new therapist and there was a drat article where the author was lauding some writing by jordan peterson on the front page and i was like well gently caress this and closed the site immediately
Don't read any psych magazines, they are all truly awful. Pop psych is both stupid and damaging.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Nae! posted:

(you dont have to apologize for your attitude on this ever, looking for work is loving demoralizing and you have every right to be broken up about it. in a way, you're dealing with a form of grief because you're mourning the life you thought you'd have at this stage in your existence)

oh, gently caress

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Well this weekend was a nightmare of suicidal ideation and surprise emergency housework and actual nightmares, and now my poor dog who helped me get through the worst of my depression and despair has some kind of infection or abbessed tooth and I can't stop worrying about her and can barely function at my job

She is just so sweet and little and doesn't deserve this

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
God loving dammit I just want a place to talk about Trump that isn't loving nihilist and awful

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

God loving dammit I just want a place to talk about Trump that isn't loving nihilist and awful
Try friends and family?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Try friends and family?

this implies c-spam is not your family, or friends

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Poniard posted:

this implies c-spam is not your family, or friends
If this is true of anyone they would need to post in some sort of mental health thread.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

hfmmm never mind

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Try friends and family?

my friends have jobs where they can't :justpost:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

my friends have jobs where they can't :justpost:
I mean maybe what you want are fewer but more meaningful conversations with your loved ones rather than the familiar, comfortable shrieking of a dying world. Spend less time online. Write letters or something. Talk to your family.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I mean maybe what you want are fewer but more meaningful conversations with your loved ones rather than the familiar, comfortable shrieking of a dying world.

wow patreon didn't get lowtax very far then? :v:

e: Volunteer for a local DSA chapter maybe? If you're gonna politics no matter what at least politics where it can make a difference.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

wow patreon didn't get lowtax very far then?
I want to get this but I don't :(

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

The dying world is the forums, I presume

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

Well this weekend was a nightmare of suicidal ideation and surprise emergency housework and actual nightmares, and now my poor dog who helped me get through the worst of my depression and despair has some kind of infection or abbessed tooth and I can't stop worrying about her and can barely function at my job

She is just so sweet and little and doesn't deserve this

UPDATE: guess who forgot to take their meds this morning lol

Oh also my dog will be okay

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want to get this but I don't :(

dying shrieking world, dead gay forums, etc.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
me irl: https://dai.ly/x2yi6rs

Goon Danton posted:

Oh also my dog will be okay

:yeah:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I've developed the immense power to get so anxious so quickly that I get an adrenaline overload and mentally shut down almost instantly.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Does anyone else sort of freak out when they try to picture their life 5 years down the road? hell even 6 months is scary.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
https://twitter.com/fern_fondler/status/1128222164891705344

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
after three days of telling them no the apartment let us go without any penalty and a free refund of all fees :bubblewoop:

implicitly stated was that they REALLY didn’t want to get sued and go through discovery bc apparently this is a common occurrence for them

stand up for yourselves goons even if it’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done, it’s surprising the magic that can happen :shobon:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol I got a letter from the IRS saying my tax return was wrong somehow and they would be reviewing it and be in contact with me. I literally made $3000 last year. I’m so poor I barely register on any metrics at all. I was supposed to get a refund weeks ago and it would have been hugely helpful but now it’s indefinitely delayed. awesome tax system we have, just great

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frog Act posted:

lol I got a letter from the IRS saying my tax return was wrong somehow and they would be reviewing it and be in contact with me. I literally made $3000 last year. I’m so poor I barely register on any metrics at all. I was supposed to get a refund weeks ago and it would have been hugely helpful but now it’s indefinitely delayed. awesome tax system we have, just great
If it makes you feel better, most of the time this happens it's because you got flagged for an identity check. Maybe you moved or had some other life change, or someone tried to use your info somewhere. Could be something else but this stuff is pretty routine. Nothing you can do now but wait, because Republicans have worked very hard to make interacting with the IRS extremely difficult. You can try to contact them first but it's honestly intensely frustrating.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i finally went back to a doc and they prescribed me a generic zoloft or w/e to try for a month 🤞

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I'm feeling anxious after posting in the Eurovision thread in GBS and getting the impression that they think I'm annoying and should stop posting. I sometimes feel like people on SA hate me, and I have no idea what I did wrong. Perhaps it's a GBS thing, I don't normally post there (because they make me anxious)

And Portugal didn't get through :saddowns:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jollity Farm posted:

I'm feeling anxious after posting in the Eurovision thread in GBS and getting the impression that they think I'm annoying and should stop posting. I sometimes feel like people on SA hate me, and I have no idea what I did wrong. Perhaps it's a GBS thing, I don't normally post there (because they make me anxious)

GBS is extremely hostile to everyone because they are all bitter alcoholics and they think being lovely is a personality. Aftereffects of GBS 2.0. We're working on it, and don't take it personally because it's not.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

GBS is extremely hostile to everyone because they are all bitter alcoholics and they think being lovely is a personality. Aftereffects of GBS 2.0. We're working on it, and don't take it personally because it's not.

:unsmith:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FactsAreUseless posted:

We're working on it, and don't take it personally because it's not.

thanks!

unrelated: I’ve been cranky at work for the past couple of weeks, or maybe months, and it’s upsetting some people and I feel like a jerk. my girlfriend pointed out today that maybe it was because I don’t really eat until 3pm because my morning meds make be a bit nauseated and I could be hangry you know? going to start bringing fruit to the office because I can at least manage that, or maybe make a smoothie? would be awesome if I wasn’t starting as many days apologizing in slack DMs for snapping at people!

also unrelated:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jollity Farm posted:

it's ok post here whenever you want :unsmith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

it's ok post here whenever you want :unsmith:
There's only one real rule in CSPAM anyway: Buy me Bonestorm or go to hell

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
Hey all. My partner has depression and anxiety and has been very depressed lately. He just got some bloodwork done recently to see if his testosterone and thyroid hormone levels are okay (I suspect they are not, but that's another story), currently waiting on results. In the meantime I really have no idea how to help him. I know I can't really make it all go away, although I do know what he's going through based on my own mental issues. I just am there for him, show him love, etc. He's always extremely tired and feels miserable. He hates his job as well, so that doesn't help.

He takes Pristiq and Abilify. The Abilify 5mg was making him really angry in addition to everything else, so pdoc dropped him down to 2.5mg. I don't think there's really anything else that can be done until the blood test results come back and we go from there.

He does see a therapist but not very often due to his work schedule. His therapist is very good for him, just the kind of person he needs.

I dunno, I'm just venting I guess, but if anyone does have any advice it would be appreciated.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's only one real rule in CSPAM anyway: Buy me Bonestorm or go to hell

OH NO

*is in hell*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pre-op bebop posted:

Hey all. My partner has depression and anxiety and has been very depressed lately. He just got some bloodwork done recently to see if his testosterone and thyroid hormone levels are okay (I suspect they are not, but that's another story), currently waiting on results. In the meantime I really have no idea how to help him. I know I can't really make it all go away, although I do know what he's going through based on my own mental issues. I just am there for him, show him love, etc. He's always extremely tired and feels miserable. He hates his job as well, so that doesn't help.

He takes Pristiq and Abilify. The Abilify 5mg was making him really angry in addition to everything else, so pdoc dropped him down to 2.5mg. I don't think there's really anything else that can be done until the blood test results come back and we go from there.

He does see a therapist but not very often due to his work schedule. His therapist is very good for him, just the kind of person he needs.

I dunno, I'm just venting I guess, but if anyone does have any advice it would be appreciated.

I can sympathize with the abilify. any atypical makes me lose my poo poo, as do SNRIs. it’s really frustrating because I have bipolar, so I have to set up this ridiculous fetch quest of sertraline, Deplin, and trazedone to cancel each other’s side effects out so I can function.

Has your SO tried an SSRI yet? Pristiq is an SNRI and Abilify is an atypical antipsychotics if I remember right. It might not be a bad idea for him to ask about an SSRI/deplin combo. if the pdoc okays it, it might help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

pre-op bebop posted:

One thing that I wish people would tell me is any variation of "it's fine if you're depressed/anxious and it doesn't change what I think/feel about you," because getting told "you/we have to do something to get better" or "I hope that you'll start feeling better" enough times started making me just avoid talking to people about my issues and feel pretty guilty for letting them down. I skipped out on mother's day and avoid talking to my family because I feel like a failure for being sick.