Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rebus posted:

Don't be silly.

We use Euro Truck Simulator 1.

You are a good sport, old chap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

The other guy in my team just looks to be more productive because his laptop is better than mine.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

As someone only a couple years into watching F1, I still naively like watching everything. As fun as it is to see Ferrari shoot themselves in the foot, it’s definitely less exciting this year with how far ahead Mercedes are.

I get that F1 is supposed to be sink or swim and restructuring payouts or other changes to help teams stay in the sport would be a pretty foundational shift, but given the budgets needed to actually be competitive I think something needs to be done before teams start dropping with no one to replace them and F1 becomes as dead as these forums.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't think it can be overstated just how much of Mercedes' continued dominance is due to the abject failure of literally anyone who could possibly oppose them.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Huski Boi posted:

I don't think it can be overstated just how much of Mercedes' continued dominance is due to the abject failure of literally anyone who could possibly oppose them.

rbr is on a transition perior between engine manufacturers, frog man is doing well. gassly is just bad. they are pretty ok all things considered.

ferrari is just a loving clown shown

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rebus posted:

The other guy in my team just looks to be more productive because his laptop is better than mine.

You don't drive for williams anymore, lance.

Rebus for moral posting champion

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lol at all of the rubes that got interested in F1 due to the Netflix show and the Bahrain GP.

(it’s me)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Big Huski Boi posted:

I think it's also because the rules have remained fairly static for a while now. Kind of like 2003 and 2005, I think there needs to be a significant regulations change if only to shake things up.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rebus posted:

Buy a MacBook

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
this season has sucked so much dog rear end and i've been very happy to catch up on my sleep on sunday mornings

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
The look on Seb's face after Quali sums it up: the Mercs are too quick and they don't have an answer, Ferrari's challenge is over before it's started.

Unless Mercedes implode, I can't see anyone else even getting close to chipping away at them.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Has there been a reason of 1-2 finishes for a team before?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

rbr is on a transition perior between engine manufacturers, frog man is doing well. gassly is just bad. they are pretty ok all things considered.

ferrari is just a loving clown shown
The great Newey will triumph again once Honda get things sorted out. They're looking quite good, as a proper Anglo-Saxon team would be expected to. The only thing that could save Ferrari from itself is another Anglo-Saxon manager (Ross).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mercedes are going to close up shop and return to being McLaren's engine supplier. You heard it here first folks.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I'm just enjoying watching ferrari melt down, and watching my man Maximum Verstappen rack up the points :hellyeah:.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hitched my bandwagon to Chuck and Ferrari this year and lucky for me I don’t have to remove it because they are so bad it’ll probably just fall the gently caress off anyway.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

colachute posted:

I hitched my bandwagon to Chuck and Ferrari this year and lucky for me I don’t have to remove it because they are so bad it’ll probably just fall the gently caress off anyway.

The chuck wagon?

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Eh, they won't win every race. Maybe just most of them...

Barcelona is always poo poo, Monaco will be more of the same (not so sure RBR won't be really good there, though...) but there will be some GPs where it won't go Merc's way.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Sulman posted:

Barcelona is always poo poo, Monaco will be more of the same (not so sure RBR won't be really good there, though...) but there will be some GPs where it won't go Merc's way.

Wow what a great incentive to keep watching Formula 1

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://ca.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-2019-car-concept-wrong/4387514/

Lol Binotto admitting that they got the concept of the 2019 car wrong and are now investigating.

The technical director in charge I’m sure is gonna get quite the penal—- what’s that? They made him Team Principle? Ferrari Team principle? A fate worse than death.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Yeah imagine how poo poo it is to be working at Ferrari right now!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

Wow what a great incentive to keep watching Formula 1
If you're watching it for who wins, you're watching the wrong sport.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is all the drama f1 needs right here:

It was definitely devastating!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes, F1 isn't insanely boring this year actually you are just watching it wrong. Moron.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

What am I supposed to be watching it for, exciting racing? Because lol

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yes, F1 isn't insanely boring this year actually you are just watching it wrong. Moron.

Noted, but I truly think every F1 fan goes through their own walkabout where you either pack it in, or more commonly take in some other series to get the racing fix you need.

Generally speaking you can have a constructor's series or competitive racing, it's pretty rarely both.

Nobody could say this lack of competition is great, but it's definitely not unusual.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rebus posted:

lmao

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm generally one to admit the blessed nature of Lewis's driving but this article stopped me in my tracks. The Stevenage Succubus is literally stealing the life energy of dying children to further his career ambitions. I'm not sure even Max is that great a monster.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-48258777

Their Lewis posted:

Today, I was just super-inspired by this kid that sent me a message.

He was my spirit angel.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

It is bad this year, at least in the last few years where Mercedes were untouchable Lewis and Nico were tearing strips off one another.

Literally the only positive I have taken so far this year is that Lewis and Valtteri could yet go nuclear and at least Are Charles will ease into Ferrari. Otherwise, it's been the equivalent of watching Chelsea this past season.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rebus posted:

Holy poo poo never stop. You owe yourself like 20 Lance Hats For Excellence in Posting by now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rebus posted:

I saw a documentary the other day where they have Ferrari rentals in Maranello, they cost like £50 for a couple of miles. It got me thinking, surely you could rent a car as iconic as a Ferrari much more cheaply and if you really hooned it hard, emulate a Formula 1 legend. So I did some googling and came up with this:

https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/ford-sierra-23-ghia-deal/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

l m a o. Just need to get it to France.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

l m a o. Just need to get it to France.

Thats a long way to go upside down though

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

I saw a documentary the other day where they have Ferrari rentals in Maranello, they cost like £50 for a couple of miles. It got me thinking, surely you could rent a car as iconic as a Ferrari much more cheaply and if you really hooned it hard, emulate a Formula 1 legend. So I did some googling and came up with this:

https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/ford-sierra-23-ghia-deal/

Oh my god, what the gently caress have you done to me

https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/bedford-o-model-london/?pickup_date=23.05.2019

The flight alone is gonna be like $1500, and i'm gonna have to crash on your couch.

lmfao. what are they putting in the water on knifecrime island.

hmm. 911, or for only double that, i could rock a hairdresser spec econobox!

e: lol army landrover for 500 quid a day, you can buy em for that
e2: i hope all these triumph prices include the tow back.
e3: bah gawd

https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/Citroen-H-Van-Weybridge/?pickup_date=23.05.2019

e: https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/linc...674857139587402

this guy fucks

i got 7.8mpg on my last tank, how many fuckin euros is that lol

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 13, 2019

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

Oh my god, what the gently caress have you done to me

https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/bedford-o-model-london/?pickup_date=23.05.2019

The flight alone is gonna be like $1500, and i'm gonna have to crash on your couch.

lmfao. what are they putting in the water on knifecrime island.

hmm. 911, or for only double that, i could rock a hairdresser spec econobox!

e: lol army landrover for 500 quid a day, you can buy em for that
e2: i hope all these triumph prices include the tow back.
e3: bah gawd

https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/Citroen-H-Van-Weybridge/?pickup_date=23.05.2019

e: https://www.bookaclassic.co.uk/linc...674857139587402

this guy fucks

i got 7.8mpg on my last tank, how many fuckin euros is that lol

wow get a load of this american guy his car gets bad mileage lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

track day bro! posted:

wow get a load of this american guy his car gets bad mileage lol

driving a williams isn't the only way to waste 105kg of fuel in 2 hours :smugbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.triumph-motorcycles.ca/motorcycles/tfc/rocket-3

lol, only 168hp out of 2.5 liters, why are the british the loving worst at everything

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im going to book it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im going to book it

That kind of seems like an insurance scam or something.

You'll get 3 miles away and it'll burn down and you'll be out the $5000 deductible. Then they just put the fire out, repaint it, and rent it out to the next bloke to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Powershift posted:

https://www.triumph-motorcycles.ca/motorcycles/tfc/rocket-3

lol, only 168hp out of 2.5 liters, why are the british the loving worst at everything

The 350 Chevy SBC makes 250hp out of 5.7L so I don't know what the gently caress you're bragging about.