Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Walked posted:

Can't be hit by Lilianas Triumph and always draws at least one card

So good

Miracles tier 0.5

It's crazy to me that they're playing 4 cards from the most recent set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i just played against miracles as delver and let me tell you this:

Ban Narset
Ban Teferi
Ban Terminus

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Mmhmmmmm

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Sounds like I should pick up a couple Tundras.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
15 post rules Karn/Ugin tribal rules

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

It's crazy to me that they're playing 4 cards from the most recent set.

Is there a new good miracles list? Work is lightening up and I should be able to go play this week or next but I'm about 8 months behind in my list.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

L0cke17 posted:

Is there a new good miracles list? Work is lightening up and I should be able to go play this week or next but I'm about 8 months behind in my list.

Not sure the exact look of it now, but Anuraag is playing lists like these

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

https://imgur.com/a/G7UVksT

This is my favorite current list. It's kinda memey but super fun while someone else figures out what's truly optimal

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Agreed. And also all the cards that let them dig for it. Tokens forever!

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

I love how he has gotten name recognition now. I played magic with him back in college a lot and he was always a great player and genuinely nice guy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

excited for the next Legacy GP and wotc to label this as azorious superfriends

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
So New Karn is pretty gross in the prison deck I posted recently. I still need to tweak the sideboard, but at a minimum he lets you fetch your Grafdigger's Cage, Sorcerous Spyglass, or Damping Sphere in game 1, and tutors up whatever piece of the lock you need (e.g. a bridge against phoenix or a chalice against burn after the one from your opener gets blown up).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

I see Karn and I have questions

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I see Karn and I have questions

If they can't interact with it and stop you from dropping Lattice, they lose. It also has EE/Crypt/Relic/Needle as a wishboard package.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

If they can't interact with it and stop you from dropping Lattice, they lose. It also has EE/Crypt/Relic/Needle as a wishboard package.

I now have answers.

I figured it would be playable but certainly not in that specific deck, lol.

Thanks!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Karn has pretty much taken over the mtgo meta at this point lol. its in every deck

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

AlternateNu posted:

I think that if you get to 6 mana with your Miracles deck, and you're not playing a control mirror, you probably don't need Lattice to win.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Konstantin posted:

I think that if you get to 6 mana with your Miracles deck, and you're not playing a control mirror, you probably don't need Lattice to win.

I'm pretty sure it is in there specifically for the mirror, considering Miracles is skyrocketing right now.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
miracles has been getting beat pretty badly by the 50% karn post meta online. maybe the thought is just to force their lattice and land your own before they go over the top of you? I dont play miracles someone else can weigh in

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
So, blasting zone is great in tron

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Time posted:

miracles has been getting beat pretty badly by the 50% karn post meta online. maybe the thought is just to force their lattice and land your own before they go over the top of you? I dont play miracles someone else can weigh in

I wonder if the karn post meta will finally get miracles to actually cards that do things in their decks.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I don't know if there exist cards in Legacy such that Miracles would go even against Karn Post

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

I don't know if there exist cards in Legacy such that Miracles would go even against Karn Post

Kismet/Frozen Aether/Big Thalia plus Back to Basics.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

So New Karn is pretty gross in the prison deck I posted recently. I still need to tweak the sideboard, but at a minimum he lets you fetch your Grafdigger's Cage, Sorcerous Spyglass, or Damping Sphere in game 1, and tutors up whatever piece of the lock you need (e.g. a bridge against phoenix or a chalice against burn after the one from your opener gets blown up).

what are you swapping in the original list for new karn

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Played new miracles today at a local tournament. It was almost as fun as old miracles. The new Narset and Teferi are amazing in the blue mirror.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it's extremely cool, and good, that honest green mages are getting their sylvan libraries turned off by the miracles menace

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's extremely cool, and good, that honest green mages are getting their sylvan libraries turned off by the miracles menace

It's only fitting that the 2nd best cantrip hoser they've printed is mono blue. First being chalice ofc.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

False, it's the third. Chains of Mephistopheles came before either chalice or new narset.

If I could have my own invitational card I'd just print the text of chains on a 1B 2/1 body and call it a day and it still wouldn't be enough to hurt blue any serious amount.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

https://twitter.com/MSigrist83/status/1133751770105221120?s=19

Lands is back woot

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what are you getting back in lands?

e: i know siggy literally says seismic assault in the tweet but that seems like a super different deck

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Who even knows whats going to happen with this poo poo

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Oh good ANT has a Timetwister to go with their Black Lotus now.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol holy poo poo. actual timetwister

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

suicidesteve posted:

Oh good ANT has a Timetwister to go with their Black Lotus now.

It's ok. I've been on ANT for a while and it's REALLY BAD right now. So I'm really looking forward to having some fun again

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

e: i know siggy literally says seismic assault in the tweet but that seems like a super different deck

Can't tell you how many times I've wished I could get an exploration out of my bin. Or a molten vortex. Also, the new enchantment that gives all your lands (r) cycle seems pretty OK. And the new 1R sorcery that blows up an artifact w/ dredge 1 on it seems pretty OK. Good set for lands.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

So this card existing means major potential changes. Cut any extra libraries you had, forget blue splashes. Main board a drop of honey, gw cycler, and a solitary confinement, and go to town. Between cycling lands, punishing fire, and the new walker, you're better than ever as a prison deck, and every part of your game plan is recurrable from the yard. Blast zone protects from b2b and rip, molten vortex, walker, and the Cascade retrace card deal with blood moon, etc. It's huge.

E; sideboard cards like seal of primordium or cindervines are more possible too, frenzy gets cooler, there's just so much tbh

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 29, 2019

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Nobody:

WOTC:
You know what blue in eternal formats really needed? A timetwister.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

So this card existing means major potential changes. Cut any extra libraries you had, forget blue splashes. Main board a drop of honey, gw cycler, and a solitary confinement, and go to town. Between cycling lands, punishing fire, and the new walker, you're better than ever as a prison deck, and every part of your game plan is recurrable from the yard. Blast zone protects from b2b and rip, molten vortex, walker, and the Cascade retrace card deal with blood moon, etc. It's huge.

E; sideboard cards like seal of primordium or cindervines are more possible too, frenzy gets cooler, there's just so much tbh

:eyepop:

do you play just the gw cycler dual or do you go back to having a riftstone portal

e: i just put the pieces together on solitary confinement with life from the loam going, holy moly

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Do you play the enchantment academy ruins in lands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that's the card we're talking about the last few posts my dude. SkyBlazer sets out the reasons to do so