Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gavok posted:

Remember when Bendis tried to retcon it that Beyonder was just an Inhuman with a mutant gene? Then nobody ever mentioned it ever again? Good times.

when did that happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gavok posted:

Remember when Bendis tried to retcon it that Beyonder was just an Inhuman with a mutant gene? Then nobody ever mentioned it ever again? Good times.

Too bad he wasn't also an Eternal, thai would be the trifecta

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

site posted:

when did that happen

In the Illuminatti miniseries

Has... Has Jim Cheung ever had a run with a really good writer? Even his chunks of Hickman's stuff were pretty bad, for Hickman, I found

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

when did that happen

It was in the Illuminati mini.

OnimaruXLR posted:

In the Illuminatti miniseries

Has... Has Jim Cheung ever had a run with a really good writer? Even his chunks of Hickman's stuff were pretty bad, for Hickman, I found
Yes, he has worked with Bendis and Hickman, among others.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Weekend numbers are in and Endgame is finally slowing down. There’s now 0% chance it beats Force Awakens domestically and it’s actually going to be a really close race to see if it actually catches up to Avatar. 300 million to go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

John Wick is going to put 1 right between the eyes.

For #1 weekend box office anyway.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
cant wait for wick drools

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gavok posted:

It turned out that Black Bolt thought they were talking about Blackgar Beyondagon. Totally different guy, really easy mistake to make.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Too bad he wasn't also an Eternal, thai would be the trifecta

Quasar fought Maelstrom. He was an Inhuman who had the Deviant gene...I think. He was some weird hybrid.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

The Question IRL posted:

It turned out that Black Bolt thought they were talking about Blackgar Beyondagon. Totally different guy, really easy mistake to make.

Quasar fought Maelstrom. He was an Inhuman who had the Deviant gene...I think. He was some weird hybrid.

Do only eternals and inhumans get the Deviant gene or can humans or mutants get it passed to them as well?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Weekend numbers are in and Endgame is finally slowing down. There’s now 0% chance it beats Force Awakens domestically and it’s actually going to be a really close race to see if it actually catches up to Avatar. 300 million to go.

They'll do exactly what Avatar did and release it again right before the home release to goose it over the line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like Endgame did for CM, Far From Home will likely give Endgame a boost.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And who is going to boost my perfect son Detective Pikachu

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
theyll probably just keep it in theaters for a full year like they did bp

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

theyll probably just keep it in theaters for a full year like they did bp

Black Panther? That opened in February and closed first week of August. That's not really unusually long. I mean it was painfully obvious that last month they were hanging on for $700m. But that's hardly a year.

X-O fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 13, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

They'll do exactly what Avatar did and release it again right before the home release to goose it over the line.

I wonder how much it’d cost to rerelease Avatar for this and have them compete.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Black Panther? That opened in February and closed first week of August. That's not really unusually long. I mean it was painfully obvious that last month they were hanging on for $700m. But that's hardly a year.

Huh coulda swore i saw it still in theater listings in like January or February

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

site posted:

Huh coulda swore i saw it still in theater listings in like January or February

They brought it back in the run up to the Oscars since it had some nominations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I think they brought it back for Oscar season maybe?

Edit: There we go.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ah yeah, right

e: https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1128006032284893184

site fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 13, 2019

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
This isn't the comicsgate thread?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
what if endgame but no jokes and awkward cuts every 30 seconds to preserve ultra-fragile male chud egos

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Oh my God, the lengths they'll go to just to be the absolute worst.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder what the actual video in the torrent is. That seems just a little too obvious to be real.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm gonna assume it's some kind of chan "irony" meme as opposed to something "serious." I don't think that makes it any better, but that's probably just what they'd claim if pressed. It's real stupid either way.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I dunno, if the last few years have taught me anything it’s that irony and satire are dead when it comes to toxic chuds. It’s safe to assume that someone out there is making that cut of the film in earnest.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Reminds me of TLJ cut done in the same manor

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The funniest part is them cutting the empty gauntlet snap. A major plot point that the next thing doesn't make any sense without.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

1h25min runtime :laffo: That’s more than half of the loving movie cut.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh wait, didn't see "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" at the end there, it is absolutely some stupid chan meme.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Maybe I give other humans too much credit but that screams lame joke to me. They cut the scene with Hawkeye teaching his daughter to shoot because women should be in the kitchen? Come on.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vince MechMahon posted:

The funniest part is them cutting the empty gauntlet snap. A major plot point that the next thing doesn't make any sense without.

Yeah, that entire sequence is Tony struggling with Thanos -> smash cut to Tony snapping -> smash cut to Tony’s funeral, assuming Pepper is allowed to be present and the men are allowed to show grief.

removing major plot elements to own the libs :hurr:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

'Fans' (aka: middle aged dudes) have been editing genre movies and taking out the things they didn't like for years. Usually calling it cheesy, childish, or some variation thereof in order to somehow convince themselves this is grown up stuff. I mean there are a ton Star Wars 'fans' that spend 90% of their time bitching about the creator of the movies changing things in his movie while unironically making their own edits where they take out the kiddy characters because they can't have that in their serious space magician movies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mikeraskol posted:

Maybe I give other humans too much credit but that screams lame joke to me. They cut the scene with Hawkeye teaching his daughter to shoot because women should be in the kitchen? Come on.

Yeah, the constant "wives and mothers" poo poo is too much, that's what set off my radar.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

X-O posted:

'Fans' (aka: middle aged dudes) have been editing genre movies and taking out the things they didn't like for years. Usually calling it cheesy, childish, or some variation thereof in order to somehow convince themselves this is grown up stuff. I mean there are a ton Star Wars 'fans' that spend 90% of their time bitching about the creator of the movies changing things in his movie while unironically making their own edits where they take out the kiddy characters because they can't have that in their serious space magician movies.

Yeah but the idea of Star Wars edits is cool* when they revolve around cleaning poo poo up like color grading or consistency with lightsabers.

*where the term "cool" = turbonerd poo poo I accept

**#hanshotfirst

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

"No Wakanda apechant."

Yikes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's real.

Unfortunately, it's very real and it's not a joke. :sigh:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you're not supposed to actually download it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ashpanash posted:

"No Wakanda apechant."

Yikes.

Oh, this reminded me of a thing that happened in my theater and I forgot to mention. When T'Challa is doing his warcry and calling all the armies there was a pretty big chorus of "Wakanda Forever!" - yes, in English - from most of the viewers.

Man, I'm really glad I watched this with a good crowd.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

site posted:

you're not supposed to actually download it

I didn't. :colbert:

But I have friends who can easily be persuaded into this type of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

Oh wait, didn't see "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" at the end there, it is absolutely some stupid chan meme.

There is no distinguishing between a joke and reality for these people. A recent trend among them is dressing up as honest-to-god clowns. Everything being nihilistically treated like a joke/meme is the core of their whole worldview.