Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmao hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

shiksa posted:

lmao hell yeah

My favorite part is her looking like she's got this poo poo in the bag right as the gif ends

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jerusalem posted:

Something I really dug was back in the truly lovely days of WWE Women's Wrestling, they used to do like costume contest things for the "divas" who would all dress up in sexy outfits, but Victoria would always show up in some hilarious full-body costume because her character didn't grasp this was basically a T&A excuse and she thought they were going to be judged on the quality/imagination of their costume :)

Victoria ruled, she wasn't the lady to mess with

WOOP!

This is awesome and adorable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress yes Victoria :hellyeah:

I think one of them she showed up as a sumo and they wanted them to run a "sexy obstacle course" or something and she was just hopping along in her sumo suit having the loving time of her life :3:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My favorite part is her looking like she's got this poo poo in the bag right as the gif ends

Victoria: These idiots are barely even wearing any costumes!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Amazing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Is that cop Natalya or someone else? If it is, :psyduck: that she's been around long enough to be contemporary with Victoria.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

Is that cop Natalya or someone else? If it is, :psyduck: that she's been around long enough to be contemporary with Victoria.

I wanna say that's Torrie or Kelly Kelly, it pans over her pretty quick though

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nah, it's Natalya. You can see all the costumes here. (NWS if sexy costumes are NWS for your office.)

Featuring Eve Torres as El Tortuga Rafy!

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Natalya debuted as Victoria's tag partner.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who the heck is that fourth woman? Can't place her face at all and, of course, she's not in that photo gallery of all of the costumes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

Who the heck is that fourth woman? Can't place her face at all and, of course, she's not in that photo gallery of all of the costumes.

She's in there. She's Lena Yeda. Whoever that is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think that's the lady that debuted as Teddy Long's girlfriend and then Cesaro stole her? I don't remember her name.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 13, 2019

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Endless Mike posted:

She's in there. She's Lena Yeda. Whoever that is.

Oh, weird - the gallery started over for me at like the tenth image so I totally missed that.

Still doesn't ring a bell, but thanks!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think that's the lady that debuted as Teddy long's girlfriend and then Cesaro stole her? I don't remember her name.

I think that was Aksana?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, it's Natalya. You can see all the costumes here. (NWS if sexy costumes are NWS for your office.)

Featuring Eve Torres as El Tortuga Rafy!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
reported for inline nsfw

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
How can anyone forget Lena Yada's WWE career?

2005: Top 30 Divas Search Finisher
2007: 3rd Place Divas Search Finisher

THE BIG LEAGUES
The Smackdown Era
January 4, 2008: Does one backstage interview on Smackdown

The ECW Era
January 8, 2008: Judges a dance-off between Layla and Kelly Kelly on ECW, attacks Kelly Kelly and turns heel
January 22, 2008: Competes in a Best Body competition, loses to Kelly Kelly and attacks her with Layla afterwards
January 29, 2008: Cheers on Victoria as she beats Kelly Kelly
February 5, 2008: Cheers on Victoria and Layla as they beat Kelly Kelly and Michelle McCool
February 12, 2008: Cheers on Layla as she loses to Kelly Kelly
February 26, 2008: She's a backstage interviewer again!
March 4, 2008: Breaks her personal record for most consecutive weeks as a backstage interviewer
March 11, 2008: THREEPEAT
Summer 2008: I cannot tell from the Internet but it appears she continues the streak for upwards of three months

The PPV Era
Cyber Sunday 2008: Dresses up as a ninja

The Raw Era
November 3, 2008: First televised match in a 90 second, 16 woman tag match where she never gets tagged in

Return to Developmental Era
November 6, 2008: Wrestles her first house show match in FCW
November 10, 2008: Released from contract

The Indies Era
June 6, 2009: Beats Christina Von Eerie in her first and (to date) only indies match
September 2011: Marries the lead singer of Disturbed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

At least she was down with the sickness

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

At least she was down with the sickness

Yeah but that's treatable with a special shampoo

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 13, 2019

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

hahaha Victoria as "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" was legit good

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

forkboy84 posted:

He was so charismatic, had exquisite timing, and I miss him.

God, me too. I was at my office looking for somebody's business card in one of those plastic sleeve booklets and found a Sweet & Sour Inc. card and it made me sad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One of the things that made Larry great was he understood how important it was for heels to show rear end

It's hosed the only major wrestling appearance he ever made was as a fake Nick Hogan for Orton to RKO

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Which wrestler who also raps is the best rapper? By this I'm talking guys like Rocky Romero, NZo "Real1" Amore, R-Truth, Thuganomics Cena. They're all wrestlers who rap on the side or include it in their gimmick.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gumball Gumption posted:

Which wrestler who also raps is the best rapper? By this I'm talking guys like Rocky Romero, NZo "Real1" Amore, R-Truth, Thuganomics Cena. They're all wrestlers who rap on the side or include it in their gimmick.

Randy Savage, obs.

Be a Man, Hulk!

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Today I was wondering if anyone’s ever done a shooting star DDT and I answered my own question with google thank you

https://youtu.be/TtfStxnDNEk

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Davros1 posted:

Randy Savage, obs.

Be a Man, Hulk!

I'm scurred :ohdear:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Real answer: Most likely Cena then Truth.
Joke Answer. Truth then Cena

Cena's style is late 90s where he is telling you a story with his rap
Truth is like classic 80s rap where you just say poo poo that fits together to a simple beat.

both are good in different ways when it comes to actual lyrical skill though you hear r-truth shoehorning more than you hear cena shoehoring...but truth is literally making poo poo up as he goes (for the filler lyrics to whats up and all the variations that song has had over time)

Cena is better in the studio. Truth is better in the cypher.

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 14, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bo Rida is the best wrestling rapper imo

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

ICP probably if you want to count them. The Genius Lanny Poffo for real though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

PN News is the best wrestling rapper imo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How the gently caress have none of you given the correct answer yet?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

What's a good PPV intro or video package that shows a face have bad things happen to them repeatedly and then they just snap?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How the gently caress have none of you given the correct answer yet?

because only the third one rapped and he didn't wrestle.
Mabel didn't rap
Mo didn't rap

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They're a package deal.

EDIT: And his name is Oscar, you racist.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They're a package deal.

EDIT: And his name is Oscar, you racist.

Oscar is by far the least memorable part of men on a mission.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You can gently caress right off to a place where they'll beat the lovely opinions out of you.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

One of the things that made Larry great was he understood how important it was for heels to show rear end

Often literally! That match with Delirious and Colt Cabana still makes me laugh.

Larry also understood the importance of strutting, which isn't done nearly enough in modern wrestling.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Comedy heel that shows rear end ... okay i'd like to change my answer to danshoku dino thanks

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Does the Strange Kentucky People video Chris Jericho mentions in one of his autobiographies exist and if so, has anybody seen it?

I've been reading a few theories that it's just something Jericho made up to tell a wacky story. Lance Storm said he's viewed the tape and is a lot less likely to pull carny poo poo like Jericho.

quote:

Here is the story in full- From page 199 of Jerichos book, chapter 27

"I was hanging around between matches at another of our regular towns, Paintsville, Kentucky, when a girl came up to me and gave me a videotape. She stared at the ground while she stuttered and spit out "Chris Jericho, I love you. I made a tape of your matches just for you. It's got all your matches that you ever had in SMW." Then she turned tail and split. I was honoured that she'd put them all on one tape as a present but when I watched the tape, it didn't contain any matches. What it did contain however, was much more entertaining.

The tape featured the girl and her hillbilly mountain family performing for me...and what a show it was. It began with her looking into the camera like a deer in headlights. She resembled Chris Farely dressed as Meatloaf circa 1977 and was wearing a shirt with a rebel flag on it that said "You wear your colors, I'll wear mine." She began her dissertation and said, " I made this tape for you, Chris Jericho (She always called me by my full name). We love you Chris Jericho. You're my favourite rassler, Chris Jericho, and I really love you Chris Jericho." She wiped the snot out of her nose.

Then she became Annie Wilkes from Misery and started speaking gibbersish like, "Well look. Here's a white googleberry. Fleezin Fibble Foo!" She began dancing as the rest of her family came into the frame like Oompa Loompas. They were all smacking each other's butts and doing the most bizarre version of the Electric Slide, while chanting in Unison, "Electric Slide, Electric Slide, Electric Slide" Like some kind of disco cult. Then a kid who I'm guessing was her brother or husband-or both- explained how much he like watching rasslin', then farted twice. Then his mother or wife-or both-who literally had NO teeth, patted him on the butt and commented on his fragrance. There was a bed in the middle of the living room and on the wall behind it were two pictures : One of Jesus and one of Ricky and Robert. Both photos were at the exact same level, which I'm sure was a huge honour for the Savior.

Farleyloaf wandered back in a gave a shout-out to Lance. "I like you too, Lance! Here's a wheelbarra", and then she started to push around a child's toy wheelbarrow while performing a massive booty shake. The camera panned to her left, only to find the fartster walking like a crab for no apparent reason. Then the camera panned into the yard where there was a battalion of rusted old vehicles, each housing a sad--eyed dog. In the background trying his hardest to stay out of camera range but failing miserabley was an old American Gothic-looking farmer who I'm assuming was responsible for the whole mess. T The camera spun back around, passing the Amazing Crab Boy tm and settling on a lady with a worse Lloyd Christmas Dumb and Dumber haircut than Jim Carrey. She stayed in the shot long enough to say, "I love the Thrillseekers. I want to have two kids called Chris and Lance and have a dog called Storm" It was much creepier than it sounds, beleive me.

These people were either the greates actors of our generation or complete lunatics and I don't think they were thespians. Nor do I think they knew what thespian means. I still don't know why she gave me the tape. Did she think I'd watch it and become so enamored of her family that I'd come over for farts and crabwalks? If I wanted to impress Jessica Simpson, I sure as hell wouldn't give her a tape of me picking my nose and doing the Electric Slide. But then again maybe it's just crazy enough to work.....

Somehow the video got around and became a cult classic on the tape trading circuit under the name "Strange Kentucky People" Look for it wherever fine hillbilly videos are sold, and if you act now, you get a free Rock n' Roll Express/Son of God portrait package! I was also semiresponsible for another tape-trading classic known as "Jim Cornette vs. The Drive Thru."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Does the Strange Kentucky People video Chris Jericho mentions in one of his autobiographies exist and if so, has anybody seen it?

I've been reading a few theories that it's just something Jericho made up to tell a wacky story. Lance Storm said he's viewed the tape and is a lot less likely to pull carny poo poo like Jericho.

I never saw SKP on tape trading/selling sites but I remember people on DVDVR claiming to have seen it listed on RFvideo. Which is probably true but it's Feinstein so who knows if he actually had it.

The Cornette DQ video was on YouTube for a while. I regret having never watched it.

Edit: it's still there! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WngpAHJNDhQ

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 14, 2019