Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Lol, that's right! He was Dum Dum Dugan, right? loving :laffo:.

Yeah, he's a good actor. He was poo poo as Darhk in Arrow Season 4, but he ruled as Darhk in Legends of Tomorrow Season 2. His character was better suited for that show, especially after Ra's being the big baddie for Arrow in Season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mike from RLM's review of First Contact perfectly describes how I feel about it. It bad.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The Holodeck Scene is stupid.

that scene was fuckin cool as poo poo. you're out of your mind, buddy.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Preston Waters posted:

that scene was fuckin cool as poo poo. you're out of your mind, buddy.

No, how did she have holographic titty cleavage. How can holo bullets kill a Borg. I know Picard turned off the safety parameters. But how can a cyborg with nanite reinforced poo poo die by bullets

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe seeing the holographic titty cleavage made his nanities malfunction in a Tex Avery fashion

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The Enterprise's computer is actually kind of malevolent and turned the bullets solid after they pass through their shields and armour.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

EvilTaytoMan posted:

The Enterprise's computer is actually kind of malevolent and turned the bullets solid after they pass through their shields and armour.

I buy that, Majel did sound a bit sinister.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lol, that's right! He was Dum Dum Dugan, right? loving :laffo:.

Yeah, he's a good actor. He was poo poo as Darhk in Arrow Season 4, but he ruled as Darhk in Legends of Tomorrow Season 2. His character was better suited for that show, especially after Ra's being the big baddie for Arrow in Season 3.

He was phenomenal as Buck Compton in Band of Brothers.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Maybe seeing the holographic titty cleavage made his nanities malfunction in a Tex Avery fashion
his biological parts responded inappropriately, causing a general systems crash by displacing and tearing several critical power cables from their sockets. if only they'd installed self-sealing stem bolts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ghostlight posted:

his biological parts responded inappropriately, causing a general systems crash by displacing and tearing several critical power cables from their sockets. if only they'd installed self-sealing stem bolts.

They tried ordering some but their Liseppian freighter had already traded it to something called the Noh-Jay Consortium for a bunch of Kanar.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

No, how did she have holographic titty cleavage. How can holo bullets kill a Borg. I know Picard turned off the safety parameters. But how can a cyborg with nanite reinforced poo poo die by bullets

Why not just say "computer, kill all the Borg on the holodeck?"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cessna posted:

Why not just say "computer, kill all the Borg on the holodeck?"

Might kill him

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

The weird moment I always notice is how odd Lieutenant Hawk looks. I think it's because they made the actor dye his hair and eyebrows or something, but he just doesn't look quite right.

he looks like a before picture of chris pine. before what i am not sure but definitely before

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bobby Deluxe posted:

he looks like a before picture of chris pine. before what i am not sure but definitely before

Maybe he's a failed prototype of Chris Pine? Chris Pine is fine as hell.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I buy that, Majel did sound a bit sinister.

It turns out Control wasn't completely wiped out. Parts of the program survived and were integrated into every computer the federation built. Nobody realized because the resulting AI wasn't genocidal anymore, just passive aggressive. It evolved, like a successful disease that just makes the host miserable for a week instead of killing it.

Control's descendants rarely kill, but they will troll the gently caress out of all the meat sacks. Like when you ask for "a metal table" and the holodeck gives you a BDSM dentist chair thing. Or Leah Brahms calls up your laboratory simulation and the computer includes in a weird creepy simulation of herself.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Nah the table was because it recognized Geordies voice and pulled up his favorites.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

First Officer Abraham Lincoln and Captain Tobias Fünke.

naem
May 29, 2011

Chris Pine did a great job as wonder woman’s girlfriend

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chris Pine is good in everything and anything he does.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0TzqMPc2QQ

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

20 minutes to go and I am the only person in my screening

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Omg

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:chanpop:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Bald Frakes looks like a baby man.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My theater was almost full here

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

clint howard you son of a bitch

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Not gonna lie, would watch a Star Trek series starring Clint Howard as Captain.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Screening for what? :confused:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Screening for what? :confused:
The DS9 Documentary 'What We Left Behind' was in theaters for just today only, although they are going to be streaming it on some sites by the end of the year supposedly

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Let know how it was

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah reading about it I hated the season 8 pitch but watching it was totally different. It was clear these were just whiteboard ideas that normally they'd take two days and get feedback at each subsequent step of production, and most importantly that this was a part one.

Reveals i could see in part 2: Bajor IS converting the Jem Hadar but not for any explicit nefarious purpose, for self defense. They aren't going to do preemptive self defense like the founders. They are keeping it top secret from Starfleet because they know S31 will try to stop it. Her argument with Nog would turn out to have been misleading like Vedek Bariel's argument with the one monk was in the episode where he took the fall for Kai Opaka.

Bashir isn't actually S31, but he is realy Starfleet intelligence keeping tabs on them.

But it's all our imagination, it could be anything.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The documentary was good but there's just so much they left out since it's a 2 hour documentary. It needed to be a longer form documentary to really cover everything well. A lot of topics get like 2 minutes of discussion and then they move on

The main draw is probably the interviews and the new HD footage from the show that they worked on

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What they actually needed was a denouement season though. Not to increase the stakes anywhere. Go back to Bajoran politics and them moving forward with some hiccups at a believable rate with believable concerns. Let people think about what the Dominion War actually meant. Did it help unify the greater powers, etc?

The need for constant twists and raising stakes kills TV. Babylon 5 and Elementary both avoided this expertly, but then meanwhile you have Battlestar Game of Lost.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
They need to make a B5 documentary before everyone else dies

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Tighclops posted:

Too late you just made them remember their mortality.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tighclops posted:

I think that Mira Furlan was completely fair in somewhat recently declining an interview about B5 because she said she didn't remember it super well and has basically said every imaginable thought she'll ever have about B5.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pick posted:

What they actually needed was a denouement season though. Not to increase the stakes anywhere. Go back to Bajoran politics and them moving forward with some hiccups at a believable rate with believable concerns. Let people think about what the Dominion War actually meant. Did it help unify the greater powers, etc?

The need for constant twists and raising stakes kills TV. Babylon 5 and Elementary both avoided this expertly, but then meanwhile you have Battlestar Game of Lost.

Yeah, it's this. Instead if felt like they desperately wanted to escalate and do another dominion war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
Just finished the DS9 documentary at one of the bigger theaters in Portland. They filled up a ~400 seat theater and spilled over to fill up another one of the same size. It was real good.

Current Marc Alaimo looks like current Christopher Lloyd.