Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

ConfusedUs posted:

can you think of anything that FFG has obviously gotten wrong in second edition to the point that it's detrimental to the game?

Not printing a Jar-Jar Binks crewmate already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

Man, you're always so negative. It's sad. :(

Other than the triple upsilons (which were rapidly fixed), can you think of anything that FFG has obviously gotten wrong in second edition to the point that it's detrimental to the game?

Quad Phantoms.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Making the vulture droids so tiny that my big beefy shaky hands can't paint em.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Quad Phantoms.

I think it's fair to say that the game is in a good place if Quad Phantoms is the worst thing in second edition.

QPs are good, frankly too good, but they're not an unbeatable powerhouse list of the type that dominated the last two and a half years of first edition. And they're easily fixed with a points adjustment.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Lichtenstein posted:

Not printing a Jar-Jar Binks crewmate already.

Hopefully they never do
He should be a Gunner

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

smug jeebus posted:

Hopefully they never do
He should be a Gunner

If you would drop or launch a bomb, instead place the bomb template directly beneath you. The first player to yell “uh oh! Messa in muy muy deep poodoo!” is immune to the effects of this bomb.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jar-Jar Binks (Gunner)

After an attack misses, choose one ship at range 1 of the defender. That ship suffers one damage.

Every time jar jar fucks up he blows something up.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I think it's fair to say that the game is in a good place if Quad Phantoms is the worst thing in second edition.

QPs are good, frankly too good, but they're not an unbeatable powerhouse list of the type that dominated the last two and a half years of first edition. And they're easily fixed with a points adjustment.

They're not that easily fixed with a points adjustment, because they have a lot of free points, and three Juke Phantoms with extra gear or a fourth cheap ship like Duchess or Howl is still nasty af.

The best fix for them would be for FFG to change the PDFs/app to include the limited dots as well as everything else. And add themn to ship chassis as well as pilot names. Then put two dots on Juke, and two dots on the TIE Phantom, the Jumpmaster, and most other ships that need to be fixed by limiting their numbers either because they're overly strong or in the case of the JM, because if you made them cheap enough to not be awful they would be insanely spammable.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ConfusedUs posted:

Jar-Jar Binks (Gunner)

After an attack misses, choose one ship at range 1 of the defender. That ship suffers one damage.

Every time jar jar fucks up he blows something up.

Hmm. "Jar-Jar Binks (gunner) Roll one additional attack die. Before the 'Neutralize Results' step, you MUST re-roll one die with a hit/crit result, even if you could not otherwise re-roll that die. After the neutralize results step, if your attack missed, every ship within range 1 of you rolls one attack die, and suffers the result.'

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

They're not that easily fixed with a points adjustment, because they have a lot of free points, and three Juke Phantoms with extra gear or a fourth cheap ship like Duchess or Howl is still nasty af.

The best fix for them would be for FFG to change the PDFs/app to include the limited dots as well as everything else. And add themn to ship chassis as well as pilot names. Then put two dots on Juke, and two dots on the TIE Phantom, the Jumpmaster, and most other ships that need to be fixed by limiting their numbers either because they're overly strong or in the case of the JM, because if you made them cheap enough to not be awful they would be insanely spammable.

I disagree entirely with your first sentence (just bring the phantom's base points up in line with other ships with similar offense and defense (which would be a pretty hefty increase!)), but I agree wholeheartedly with the second.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Even if you put them up ten points (say), you still have a list which has three phantoms with Juke and Collision Detector or Advanced Sensors, and a mod, and one of them has Fifth Brother, or is Whisper, and it's still pretty brutal.

I really hope FFG does change to putting the limited dots in the PDF, but I doubt they will. I don't think we're going to see printed card errata except for genuine production errors.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Raising the points on all ships would probably make Whisper and Echo way too expensive, so just upping points so that poo poo becomes more expensive is not a very good silver bullet, in about every case. Just add limited dots to the generics, or make Juke more expensive for each one after the first or something actually creative and thought out as opposed to just 'make stuff more expensive'

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I hope they do something sensible.

I assume they will stick to points-and-slots. Just maybe they might do a scaling cost per copy, which would help a lot with Juke.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Even if you put them up ten points (say), you still have a list which has three phantoms with Juke and Collision Detector or Advanced Sensors, and a mod, and one of them has Fifth Brother, or is Whisper, and it's still pretty brutal.

I do not believe, in any way, that Quad Phantoms are so broken today that a 25% reduction in health and red dice (going from 4 ships to 3, even with upgrades) still leaves them overpowered.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

I really hope FFG does change to putting the limited dots in the PDF, but I doubt they will. I don't think we're going to see printed card errata except for genuine production errors.

You are just really overestimating or overvaluing the ability of 3 juke phantoms. They aren't THAT good.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I do not believe, in any way, that Quad Phantoms are so broken today that a 25% reduction in health and red dice (going from 4 ships to 3, even with upgrades) still leaves them overpowered.

Maybe. They're by FAR the best priced generic in the game at the moment, and probably the best priced single ship. It's going to take some fixing to get them down to reasonable. They're I4 ships with something like 4 or 5 actions-worth of free economy (asasumign they have Juke) every round, they should be crazy expensive.

Especially when you consider that Targetting Computer is coming back, too.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Maybe. They're by FAR the best priced generic in the game at the moment, and probably the best priced single ship. It's going to take some fixing to get them down to reasonable. They're I4 ships with something like 4 or 5 actions-worth of free economy (asasumign they have Juke) every round, they should be crazy expensive.

Especially when you consider that Targetting Computer is coming back, too.

So price them appropriately. Ten points is on the upper end of my theory crafting adjustment, but worth considering!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ConfusedUs posted:

Other than the triple upsilons (which were rapidly fixed), can you think of anything that FFG has obviously gotten wrong in second edition to the point that it's detrimental to the game?

Quad Phantoms, Redline, Barrage Rockets, Supernatural Reflexes, Trajectory Simulator (hell, just allowing bombs to exist)

Many large ships still need work even after one update

Using Extended for events :shobon:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

alg posted:

Quad Phantoms, Redline, Barrage Rockets, Supernatural Reflexes, Trajectory Simulator (hell, just allowing bombs to exist)

Many large ships still need work even after one update

Using Extended for events :shobon:

I'll give you Redline. In fact, I'll go ahead and pre-emptively give you Whisper + Vader crew, too. Especially since you could take them together. That list was bonkers.

SNR was almost too much, but got nerfed to hell before a ship that could really make it shine came out. Everyone was real worried about barrage rocket bombers and then that didn't pan out. Traj Simulator saw some use on Redline until Advanced Sensors took its place because it was better...and then Traj Simulator got nerfed anyway. The current implementation of bombs is fine. We've just got done talking about quad phantoms.

So...Redline and Whisper + Vader, both of which were rapidly brought down to something sane. I'm pretty happy with that track record so far.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

banned from Starbucks posted:

Did they ever vet that poo poo? The first regional i went to in '14 the store couldnt fit the required tables so they told people to go play in the next door chinese resturant and an abandoned massage parlor.

In Wisconsin?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Adding Soontir to hyperspace

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

hoiyes posted:

Please don’t take away my Interceptor Son.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Funzo posted:

Please don’t take away my Interceptor Son.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

hoiyes posted:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Quad Phantoms are fine. Losing ACD, a red die, and crew slot is more than enough to justify their price even with juke. Average players with 4P are still going 3-3/4-2 and not making cuts while good players continue to make it with whatever they want.

pbpancho posted:

In Wisconsin?

Yes

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Jar-Jar Binks - Republic
-20 Points

If a friendly ship with Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious as a crew member receives a face-up damage card, that crew member may be replaced with the Imperial Emperor Palpatine crew card, ignoring the crew requirements.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Something really cool and good about the passive sensors upgrade is that Vader won't need a bid anymore, and can target lock & roll at the start of the engagement phase.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Something really cool and good about the passive sensors upgrade is that Vader won't need a bid anymore, and can target lock & roll at the start of the engagement phase.

Or, you know, he doesn't have enough bid to move last, so people who move after him can position themselves so he can't roll out of their arc.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

so people who move after him can position themselves so he can't roll out of their arc.
Oh you mean play like you lost the bid lol

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Oh you mean play like you lost the bid lol

Yes, because when you lose the bid they do everything except their reposition action before you.

Wait

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah, now he can block your ace, and then later roll off and get a R1 shot.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

banned from Starbucks posted:

Quad Phantoms are fine. Losing ACD, a red die, and crew slot is more than enough to justify their price even with juke. Average players with 4P are still going 3-3/4-2 and not making cuts while good players continue to make it with whatever they want.

Yes

I was there. The bottom table or two was in the Chinese restaurant, and a bunch of other lower tables were in an unrented commercial space a few doors down from the store. Janky as gently caress.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

Yes, because when you lose the bid they do everything except their reposition action before you.

Wait

This is a fantastic post. :allears:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Campaign Against Cancer tournament is tomorrow. I'm really tempted to take some "cured cancer." That is, the second edition version of some broke-rear end first edition list.

Dash Miranda: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v6!s=200!17:,,97,,57,71,69,104:;39:124,,,54,,157,:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Ghost/Fenn: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v6!s=200!68:,,,:;69:130,46,165,2,:;64:,,138,51,54,110,90,148:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Dengaroo: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v6!s=200!115:132,,136,92,165,159:U.4;117:120,54,136,92,165,:&sn=New%20Squadron&obs=

U-Boats: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v6!s=200!118:136,62,92,,:;118:136,63,92,,:;118:136,43,92,,:&sn=New%20Squadron&obs=

OG Palp Aces: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v6!s=200!168:,,29,,,:;173:204,113,,105:;179:126,165,:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
What was the one list with an Auzituck, Jess, Wedge, and I think Biggs? Obviously can't use Jess in an OG Rebels list but what would be a sub for that?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ringo Star Get posted:

What was the one list with an Auzituck, Jess, Wedge, and I think Biggs? Obviously can't use Jess in an OG Rebels list but what would be a sub for that?

Fair ship rebels. It used Lowhhrick, Biggs, and Cpt Rex to keep things from dying, plus a fourth damage-focused OR stress-dealing ship. Since there aren't really stress-dealers, let's use Braylen. He was commonly in there as a stress-dealer in the arc, but today he's a damage dealer in the B-Wing

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v6!s=200!59:130,40,46,:;7:,2,,142:;16::;73:130,,,,,:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Biggs, Lowhhrick, Rex, and Jess was one of those stupid builds. But doing it again is basically just new Rebel Beef so it's probably not CURED cancer...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
If I wasn't on vacay, i'd go and just get all my opponents to forfeit cause really do they want to beat up a dude with cancer?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I was going to CaC today, but one of my mental health clients wound up in ICU so I need to stay in town.

This is what I was going to run. Probably silly, but I do want to make a list of these 3 ships that works. I miss flying scum.

Fenn Rau (68)
Ship total: 68 Half Points: 34 Threshold: 2

Han Solo (Scum) (54)
Trick Shot (2)

Ship total: 56 Half Points: 28 Threshold: 6

Dengar (58)
Trick Shot (2)
Contraband Cybernetics (5)
Punishing One (8)
R3 Astromech (3)

Ship total: 76 Half Points: 38 Threshold: 5

Total: 200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

I was going to CaC today, but one of my mental health clients wound up in ICU so I need to stay in town.

This is what I was going to run. Probably silly, but I do want to make a list of these 3 ships that works. I miss flying scum.

Fenn Rau (68)
Ship total: 68 Half Points: 34 Threshold: 2

Han Solo (Scum) (54)
Trick Shot (2)

Ship total: 56 Half Points: 28 Threshold: 6

Dengar (58)
Trick Shot (2)
Contraband Cybernetics (5)
Punishing One (8)
R3 Astromech (3)

Ship total: 76 Half Points: 38 Threshold: 5

Total: 200

That's *very* close to the list I helped my friend Carl build for CAC. He dropped Fenn to Teroch to get some toys on Han.

I honestly think that particular Dengar build is pretty close to Legitimately Good, to be honest. Contraband is overpriced, but that's it.