Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm just going to pretend Bran warged into that horse to go get Arya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
What the gently caress is this show I'm watching?

This episode wasn't 100% terrible, but it would have been amazing as the first episode of the season, instead of the second to last.

"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you crushed by rubble."

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hound’s last scene with Arya probably put her on course to reconsider Gendry’s marriage proposal.
S6E10: Arya slits Walder Frey's throat after serving him his sons in a cannibal pie.
S7E01: While wearing Walder Frey's face like Hannibal Lecter, Arya poisons Walder Frey's entire household.
S8E05: Arya realizes revenge is bloody business and maybe she's not cut out for it.
:shrug:

WTF Arya, you're way too late to get cold feet.
WTF Jamie, why did you bother with that redemption arc?

bengy81 posted:

the Varys thing bugged me because why the gently caress would he have been so sloppy at this point
Varys going from most competent and feared spymaster in Westeros to failing to clean up a witness (Tyrion) to his regicide conspiracy is par for the course this season.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lol @ Rhaegal getting ganked in a minute by 10 scorpions, and Drogon not getting hit a single time by about 200 ships or 100 scorpions on the walls. Very convenient.
S8E04: Scorpions are loving awesome and neutralize the dragon threat.
S8E05: Scorpions suck and can't do anything.

Also, called it:

Dead Reckoning posted:

Bolow posted:

-The Hound is going to win the Clegane bowl by overcoming his fear of fire
I think it's going to much shittier, like tackling his unstoppable, undead brother into a pit of fire where they are both immolated.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 14, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Finally finished this last episode, haven’t caught up on posts

This season had really been lame so far and I felt needed a Hail Mary and boy what they did with Khaleesi was definitely a shock. Especially how they built her up as a female lead. I get the writing was on the wall what with her crucifying etc but I digress

Jon continues to just gently caress up everything he touches even though he doesn’t want to be involved. A real Stark since he completed that arc of loyalty being the demise

Lame hand wave for Euron and Jamie

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

dany was listening for the bells, and when she didn't hear the one in the sept of baelor she lost her poo poo, that was her father's bell

Something like this would make sense. And then d&d get in front of a camera and go 'well Dany saw the red keep and decided to make it personal'. It's like a kid writing a paper about a movie they didn't watch, except these motherfuckers wrote the god drat show.

Looking forward to three lovely star war movies, lol

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hound’s last scene with Arya probably put her on course to reconsider Gendry’s marriage proposal.

what the gently caress was that even about?

she literally decided to ride south with him for murder fun times and after riding all that way decided to turn around?

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are a lot of things from earlier seasons that foreshadow everything that has happened. Bran saw the lone dragon over king’s landing in season 4, for example.

like raining fire? or just flying over?

Hegel Exercises posted:

Lena Headley deserves so many more acting roles it isn’t even funny.

And don’t forget Jon Snow played space Hitler in a video game!

when was Jon snow in space? Which game? Any good?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. It was OK.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Garrett Dillahunt is a treasure and I absolutely loved that the next thing I saw him in was Raising Hope as the well-intentioned dopey dad.

I loved Raising Hope. He really is a treasure.

Garret Dillahunt was also great in The Mindy Project. Dude has so much loving range, he can convincingly play a dope, the straight man, a goofy guy, a scumbag, or an evil canniver. He's amazing.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 10:11 on May 14, 2019

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/immolations/status/1128224923892187136

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Dude McAwesome posted:

what the gently caress was that even about?

she literally decided to ride south with him for murder fun times and after riding all that way decided to turn around?

That scene was as much for her as it was for him.

She's had no father figures in her life since Ned. And likewise, she's the closest thing he's had to a daughter. Much like many things in the show, she tried to a step in a different direction, but there's no escaping your fate in this world.

She's not going to Gendry. She has some green eyes to shut, and Cersie's don't count anymore.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

This season had really been lame so far and I felt needed a Hail Mary and boy what they did with Khaleesi was definitely a shock. Especially how they built her up as a female lead. I get the writing was on the wall what with her crucifying etc but I digress

I binged watched all the seasons the past month. She's had hints of her crazyness throughout every season. Since she's had her Army the only people tempering her impulses to burn Kings Landing were Jorah (dead), Tyrion (losing confidence), and Jon ("betrayed"). Add in the death of her dragon and taunting her by executing Missandie - her losing it was choreographed a mile away.

TCD fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 14, 2019

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Holyyyyyyyyy poo poo that’s a deepcut

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/wildtargaryen/status/1125884083127582721

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dude McAwesome posted:

like raining fire? or just flying over?

Bran's vision was that shot of the dragon shadow...like 10 seconds before raining fire.

TCD posted:

She's not going to Gendry. She has some green eyes to shut, and Cersie's don't count anymore.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 14, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Also the time Dany saw herself in the throne room in ruins and snow (but probably ash next episode) falling

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

What does she say after she has the nervous laugh? I can't make it out

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

What does she say after she has the nervous laugh? I can't make it out

Best season ever?

Audio is shittastic

JFC Ghost adventures has better audio

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

lmao

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Co-worker pointed out that one of the writers of x-men origins:wolverine was David Benioff, loving lol that hbo handed this hack the keys to their biggest television series since the wire

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Have those two been running the show the entire time?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Syrian Lannister posted:

Best season ever?

Audio is shittastic

JFC Ghost adventures has better audio

Yeah I was in my office so I could turn it up but that's what she says

Godamn that reaction says a lot

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

beanieson posted:

Have those two been running the show the entire time?

Yeah, but GRRM used to be involved to keep them in check.

One of you pointed out that they're great at translating someone else's work onto the screen, but can't be trusted to generate their own material; spot on.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Godholio posted:

Yeah, but GRRM used to be involved to keep them in check.

One of you pointed out that they're great at translating someone else's work onto the screen, but can't be trusted to generate their own material; spot on.

You can really see GRRM’s influence waning as Season 6 progresses and they were largely forced to start crafting the narrative whole cloth. But given that GRRM is going to die by choking on a loving lemon cake, and is the slowest writer in the world, and literally had no clue how to tackle the Slavers Bay storyline for years I’m not sure it would be any better.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I never read or watched GOT but I read the Wild Cards series growing up so I’ve had my fill of George Arr Arr Martin

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Edit: phone posting, won't attach more images.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 14, 2019

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I’m diggin those sensible khakis tho

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 14, 2019

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ikUYFK84OQ

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Way too much whining about Dany being a villain.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Not having watched the episode, does Jaime kill Cersei? It would be fittingly ironic

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hold hell, hell online meltdowns :stare:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Jaime is captured by the Unsullied and freed by Tyrion, who told him of a secret passage out of the Red Keep that he would place a small dinghy at for them to escape.

Euron (who had previously been thrown from his ship into the sea by a Drogon-riding Dany) washed up right as Jaime was going to the secret passage. They duel, and Jaime is mortally wounded in the process of driving his sword through Euron's chest. He pushes upward to find Cersei, whom he is briefly reunited with as the Red Keep falls apart from a constant barrage of dragon fire.

Jaime and Cersei are both presumably killed by a pile of rubble that falls on them, after their only escape route (that Tyrion pitched to Jaime) ends up getting blocked by the Red Keep falling apart. Thus, Cersei was killed by her younger brother and a prettier woman as the prophecy foretold.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Not having watched the episode, does Jaime kill Cersei? It would be fittingly ironic

Well he, after suffering multiple stab wounds fighting camp yet rapey Jack Sparrow who in turn just had swam a few miles fully clothed after his ship is dive bombed by a dragon but still almost kills fuccboi Lannister who then having run up a million flights of stairs seemingly unaffected by the massive blood loss brings her to a dungeon or catacombs or whatever ostensibly to get to safety but then the ceiling collapses, killing them both.

OR DID IT, probably loving not since they never actually show them dying

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
my favorite part about all this is the white women screeching about how they named their child after dragon hitler

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hold hell, hell online meltdowns :stare:

Hey, I had a small release of radiation with no increase in normal radiation levels, not a meltdown.:colbert:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Ceiling fan posted:

Hey, I had a small release of radiation with no increase in normal radiation levels, not a meltdown.:colbert:

There's smoking graphite on your roof, though :crossarms:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
*smirks shcherbina-ishly*

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

my favorite part about all this is the white women screeching about how they named their child after dragon hitler

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers