Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I just want to swoop in and fuckin roast that twerp for his dumb bullshit and naive expectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shifty Pony posted:

these stories have to be the first new cars any of these fuckers have ever bought. there's no way that someone could go through a competent new car delivery and actually accept a car with a pile of trash in the footwell and poo poo all over the outside.

right?

Haven't there been reports of them just dropping it off at the house and loving off without even notifying the owner until after they left?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

"i tweeted about you, you owe me"

i love this idea of twitter customer service, where you can overlook any issues because all you need to do is @ the ceo and they'll respond!

unless they don't.

also maybe if the company/product didn't suck you wouldn't have to try to shame the head of the company into acting via a public forum, idk.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i love this idea of twitter customer service, where you can overlook any issues because all you need to do is @ the ceo and they'll respond!

unless they don't.

also maybe if the company/product didn't suck you wouldn't have to try to shame the head of the company into acting via a public forum, idk.

it worked for marco overcast, but he has a checkmark and 112k followers and a popular podcast.

so just get those things and tesla will help you out!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol he shilled Tesla for years and they gave him an unfinished dirty car full of trash

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
so that guy spent three years telling everyone how great the car that he'd paid for but never seen or driven was

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i mean i guess i post "tesla bad lol" without having driven one but i only paid :10bux: for the privilege

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

their cars are great but they're incredibly disorganized, and it's muskie's fault 'cause he micromanages all the time, and views skilled management as a threat.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
please define "great"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

please define "great"

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

please define "great"

you can take your operational definition from "america is already great"

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

please define "great"

their electronics, drive train, and battery management system are worlds apart at the moment. it's similar to how apple was ahead with their iphone in 2007. give it a few years, and tesla will lose their edge, especially how they're behaving now.

13:08 if this doesnt jump ahead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DucRxWz_58&t=788s

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
also, sometimes, they burn people to death

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nfcknblvbl posted:

their electronics, drive train, and battery management system are worlds apart at the moment. it's similar to how apple was ahead with their iphone in 2007. give it a few years, and tesla will lose their edge, especially how they're behaving now.

So what you're saying is that you love the car?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

theflyingorc posted:

also, sometimes, they burn people to death

This.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Nfcknblvbl posted:

their electronics, drive train, and battery management system are worlds apart at the moment.

Isn't that a problem? I'd think they should be together in one coherent car?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok shitposting aside:

The drivetrain and poo poo is probably the one thing they've done right, but you have to ignore the fire risk and the fact that cold destroys it.

Also remember, supercharging destroys the batteries.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's a great car

er, well, it's a car that can accelerate really fast!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

it's a great car

er, well, it's a car that can accelerate really fast!

It's a loose definition of a car

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

iospace posted:

Ok shitposting aside:

The drivetrain and poo poo is probably the one thing they've done right, but you have to ignore the fire risk and the fact that cold destroys it.

i was stuck in a blizzard on i-40 in new mexico for 8 hours with my family after christmas, and our car was in fact not destroyed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

So what you're saying is that you love the car?

he nearly froze to death on a highway when he had to choose between range and heat in a blizzard and he's posted videos of autopilot trying to kill him.

of course he loves the car

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

are they still actually better than say the e-tron or whatever Polar calls their cars? I'm sure they're nicer to drive than a Leaf and I suspect that Jaguar has developed an innovative way to make their electric just as bad as their ICs but there are competent companies in the market now (or just soon?)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Munkeymon posted:

are they still actually better than say the e-tron or whatever Polar calls their cars? I'm sure they're nicer to drive than a Leaf and I suspect that Jaguar has developed an innovative way to make their electric just as bad as their ICs but there are competent companies in the market now (or just soon?)

i'd think if anyone could give tesla a run for their money on the "car randomly combusts" front, it'd be jaguar

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

he nearly froze to death on a highway when he had to choose between range and heat in a blizzard and he's posted videos of autopilot trying to kill him.

of course he loves the car

stockholder syndrome

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

iospace posted:

Ok shitposting aside:

No they absolutely did not.

Instead of engineering a good prismatic battery pack which takes years, they spot welded some vape cells together.

Instead of going with the costly but electrically and mechanically superior synchronous AC Motor they went with a cheap to make electric reluctance unit.

Their drivetrains are worlds apart in being poo poo drivetrains and the moment you ask them to do more than bro-starting at a stop light like a pimple faced teenager the crappy design becomes apparent.

Track usage? Overheat literally after a minute
Super charging? Will work a few times, literally fries your battery
Cold operation? Lmao lose your warranty in the winter, boy.

Saying a tesla drivetrain is advanced or great is a statement about ones lack of knowledge about the subject and a testimony of how easily the end consumer is persuaded by a few gimmick features instead of looking at the full picture of his purchase.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Combat Theory posted:

Saying a tesla drivetrain is advanced or great is a statement about ones lack of knowledge about the subject and a testimony of how easily the end consumer is persuaded by a few gimmick features instead of looking at the full picture of his purchase.

but, smartymans on the internet said it was good

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Combat Theory posted:

No they absolutely did not.

Instead of engineering a good prismatic battery pack which takes years, they spot welded some vape cells together.

Instead of going with the costly but electrically and mechanically superior synchronous AC Motor they went with a cheap to make electric reluctance unit.

Their drivetrains are worlds apart in being poo poo drivetrains and the moment you ask them to do more than bro-starting at a stop light like a pimple faced teenager the crappy design becomes apparent.

Track usage? Overheat literally after a minute
Super charging? Will work a few times, literally fries your battery
Cold operation? Lmao lose your warranty in the winter, boy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

13:08 if this doesnt jump ahead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DucRxWz_58&t=788s

god bless sandy munro, but for serious, lol out loving loud if you thing fully wireless communication between control systems in a car is a good or practical thing. like, even assuming he was just wrong about the tech stack because he's not a computer man, holy gently caress that's a terrible idea.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
He trusts the software more than anything. That's all to had to hear

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

let's just take something that's notoriously temperamental in even absolutely ideal circumstances and stuff it into a weird shaped metal box, with a bunch of other radios all blaring at once, and also that will be operating from time to time in close proximity to hundreds more of these things, and rely on that for near-zero latency real time control

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also, i mean if you want to talk about getting their costs down via materials efficiency, the number one way to do that would be to stop using 500kg of vape cells, rather than try to cut out some wiring harnesses, but you don't hear much about them doing prismatic battery designs.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Munkeymon posted:

they have more range, faster charging, and more acceleration than the competitors.

BUT

it is very likely that the range, charging, and acceleration are all the result of ignoring the operating margins that automakers build into their vehicles to ensure that marts on the edge don't fail and which have resulted in cars now lasting well over a hundred thousand miles.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Vape Car 2000

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

necrotic posted:

the guys who are burning out their persistent storage with writes in under the minimum drive lifespan are definitely who i would trust with software.

tbf, he was blown away with "the level of integration" on the mcu/ecu, because they had some nvidia asics for image processing. i mean, yeah, you're probably not going to be doing real time NN image classification on a z80, but c'mon.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

also they raised prices today

lol Moody's said they need to lower prices significantly in order to stay in business.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

necrotic posted:

yeah i checked out after that lmao

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Good lord this entire thread.

https://twitter.com/Trumpery45/status/994678595837616132

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

l m f a o

https://twitter.com/Trumpery45/status/1001990317158084608

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

body shop advocates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

hahahhaa

my alternator belt exploded yesterday on my AZ-1 a 25 year limited production (4300 in total) and got a new one for 17 bucks. seen panels run for a few hundred.