Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Are we being serious? I really doubt dusty did a nazi salute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

teacup posted:

I think if dusty had a secret nazi supporting past it’d have come up by now.

Dusty's father is or was the president of the Rebels bikie gang, and bikie gangs are hives of white nationalism

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

NTRabbit posted:

Dusty's father is or was the president of the Rebels bikie gang, and bikie gangs are hives of white nationalism

This is an extremely long bow to draw mate.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
His father was exiled to New Zealand.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

drunkill posted:

His father was exiled to New Zealand.

Are you saying this in support of the theory that dusty is a neo nazi due to his fathers connections?

Just in case you’re not kidding even the immigration department agreed that they hosed up deporting him but oh well too bad. Football aside it’s hosed up how we can just deport people to NZ because they once were there and have a parent or something so hey anything you do here means you’re out.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Doesn't dusty have Maori heritage? If he is a Nazi It'd be some Clayton bigsby poo poo

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It was a wave.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

hiddenmovement posted:

Doesn't dusty have Maori heritage? If he is a Nazi It'd be some Clayton bigsby poo poo

Dusty probably isn't a nazi, but a lot of the new breed of Maga chuds live in a spectacular lack of self awareness, all in the "relax bro I was just joking" space.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

Huh, Crows are somehow 3rd on the ladder? They are definitely not the 3rd best team right now.

This season is pretty weird. You've got Geelong as the only actual good team so far, Collingwood who have been good in patches but pretty ordinary a lot of the time, then a whole slew of teams who have mostly been disappointing but somehow still chalked up enough wins to end up in the eight.

I'm sure by the end of the season a few more genuine teams will emerge but at this stage, other than Geelong there are no real standouts.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Geelong are going to be clearly the best team all year and then inexplicably fail to turn up in the finals

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Inexplicably fail to show up = everyone is secretly injured

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol Fyfe should have definitely gotten weeks for that elbow

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Turns out having an exemplary record is pretty easy if the tribunal just refuse to suspend you every time you throw an elbow at someone’s head

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
:sigh:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Being a Good Bloke is a self fulfilling prophecy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/danielcherny/status/1127835300137332737?s=21

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What could Christian do anyway?

As much of a dick move as it was, and as much as it should have been a free kick, to get fined/suspended for that would be very very harsh.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

What could Christian do anyway?

As much of a dick move as it was, and as much as it should have been a free kick, to get fined/suspended for that would be very very harsh.

The afl has directly charged him with conduct unbecoming bypassing the MRO

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adelaide announced their indigenous guernsey for this year, and it's yet another banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Q4BomHcp8

https://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-05-13/indigenous-guernsey-revealed

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Melksham out for a month+ :thumbsup:

Who would have thought sending a guy back onto the field with a fractured foot would be a bad idea

Who would have thought employing Nick Riviera as club doctor would be a bad idea

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Who would have thought sending a guy back onto the field with a fractured foot would be a bad idea

Who would have thought employing Nick Riviera as club doctor would be a bad idea

Who was that doctor who I think was at Hawthorn and some other teams who kept on mishandling soft tissue injuries?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

NTRabbit posted:

Adelaide announced their indigenous guernsey for this year, and it's yet another banger

Banger as in it looks like someone let off a firework in a paint factory right?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

It helps that we have pretty much the perfect colours for an indigenous guernsey.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

So in summary, he injured his foot while accidentally kicking a suns player in the shin while trying to kick the ball, immediately fell over in pain, could barely stand, tries to leave the field via the closest boundary, ie knows he's injured himself seriously and his game is over.

The club docs make him hobble off via the interchange instead, presumably give him a jab for the pain, and then they send him back out to play out the last half of the last quarter.

Late in the game someone kicks the ball near him, he goes to jump and immediately collapses in pain on the ground. Now it's come out he had a broken foot. He'll be out for way longer than a month, guaranteed.

If memory serves he is out of contract this year too. If this fucks his career he should absolutely sue the pants off the Demons for gross negligence.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Typical the system gets 7 and my own tipping gets 4 WTGHFHHFS

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

This was a real "sheep from goats" round too, it's not like one of those rounds where there's an major upset that everyone drops the tip.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope Rampe sends a letter back to the AFL asking for an explanation as to why he wasn't pinged for a free kick, care of Gillon McLachlan.

And how the gently caress do Gablett and Cowdude get off for straight up forearm bracing into people's faces?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 13, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hawthorn should have challenged Cousin’s ban. He wouldn’t have gotten off because he isn’t a superstar but it would have made it harder for them to let them off these last couple of weeks.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
So wondering if anyone can help me, I'm looking for a clip of Akermanis doing his handstand bullshit at some press event, loving it up and then collapsing on to a bunch of photographers. I vividly remember seeing it when I was younger but for the life of me I cannot find a clip of it on youtube. Searching any combination of Akermanis and handstand doesn't give me anything

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I had a look and couldn't find it, but I did find Aker hugging a fish Rocket style:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

More lately he's been getting himself banned from local golf clubs which sounds...
:c00l:
par for the course.

All I have is this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Rampe did nothing wrong and we support our umpires using their discretion also we have fined Rampe $11,000 for two separate incidents.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Rampe did nothing wrong and we support our umpires using their discretion also we have fined Rampe $11,000 for two separate incidents.

I think most of that got suspended to reinforce the fact that he did nothing wrong

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I hope Rampe keeps climbing goal posts in every match now since its been made clear to him he's done nothing wrong

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Speaking of Rampe, his apology for saying the umpire talks like a little girl is pretty weak, haha.

quote:

The Swans co-captain was also involved in a separate controversy against the Bombers after telling field umpire Jacob Mollison that he "talk(ed) like a little girl".

Rampe admitted that he was left distressed by his poor choice of words and admitted that he did not mean to disrespect girls.

"I think more importantly is my poor choice of words. At the time I was frustrated that I didn’t hear the call. And by noway of imagination did I mean for my comments to be derogatory to girls," he said.

"Being called a girl is something that should be celebrated and I genuinely mean that. I’ve learnt from my mistake and I’ll definitely keep that front of mind going forward."

Actually I was trying to compliment you by saying you talk like a little girl because I celebrate girls. Also it was a mistake but not disrespectful.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/clubs-may-be-asked-to-bid-for-aflx-licences-20190514-p51ndh.html

Keen to see the AFL boldly embracing the concept of reverse auctions

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Lowest offers win the licenses?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

cmndstab posted:

Speaking of Rampe, his apology for saying the umpire talks like a little girl is pretty weak, haha.

Actually I was trying to compliment you by saying you talk like a little girl because I celebrate girls. Also it was a mistake but not disrespectful.

I don’t think Sydney co-captain Dane Rampe is very intelligent

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

I hope Rampe keeps climbing goal posts in every match now since its been made clear to him he's done nothing wrong

I hope someone else does it and the umps pay a free kick, leaving the FL to try and explain why Rampe's didn't result in a free kick (and presumably the 4 points) to Essendon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I’m hoping no one else does it and I never have to hear about it ever again.