Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

I forget-- Has she ever done any overt CHUD stuff, or is it just suspect likes and follows and the defensive "muh freeze peach" open letter?

Not disputing that's enough not to want to give her money, just genuinely curious.

Her poison counter, zombie and snake tokens own bones though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

C-Euro posted:

I can't think of a pre-Modern dual cycle that they could actually reprint that wouldn't feel like a bit letdown, so if we are getting a dual land cycle it's going to be something new I think.

they do not appear to have left themselves room to do a full cycle of one of the Future Sight lands since they said only five cards were reprints and those were basics, but they could do a colorshifted cycle of all of the future sight lands

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

You just gotta love Psulli sometimes

https://twitter.com/BasicMountain/status/1128122008984641536

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Hauki posted:

she liked or shared some bizarro-world pizzagate poo poo at one point

Oh. Well..

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Just the tiniest bit of awareness that you indirectly benefited from opportunities and advantages other people don't have is the lowest bar to clear, and yet it's so rare....

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Just the tiniest bit of awareness that you indirectly benefited from opportunities and advantages other people don't have is the lowest bar to clear, and yet it's so rare....

I don't even want to click to see how many people are calling him performative or virtue signalling

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I don't even want to click to see how many people are calling him performative or virtue signalling

The reply’s seem to be alternating between “oh the pubes place, I know that place” and “I don’t understand the point you are trying to make”.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Propitious Jerk posted:

Her poison counter, zombie and snake tokens own bones though.

me: *busting out Photoshop to zoom in to see for any hidden Q's*

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Sand Warrior a legit creature type?

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

Eej posted:

me: *busting out Photoshop to zoom in to see for any hidden Q's*

Terese Nielsen does like to include a lot of symbols in her art. I'm not up on Q conspiracy theories (or really any consipracy theories for that matter), but the soldier token has a bit of an Illuminati motif framed by the shapes of a pyramid and eye. The soldier's features bare a resemblance to Abraham Lincoln and the "iris" contains a field of stars that I knee-jerk thought was an American flag, but the stars are six pointed. The figure of the soldier is kneeling in prayer and there are faint angelic faces near the top of the triangle.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah from this card: https://scryfall.com/card/me3/151/hazezon-tamar

I thought it was a bit of a deep cut or a reference to a Khans card before I looked it up.

edit: beaten

Propitious Jerk fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 14, 2019

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
man using a card shop as a front for money laundering is pretty genius. you can put all sorts of crazy prices on your buylist for obscure cards nobody could possibly want in combination, and if you get called out on it you can just go "im an EDH player"

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dragon enthusiast posted:

man using a card shop as a front for money laundering is pretty genius. you can put all sorts of crazy prices on your buylist for obscure cards nobody could possibly want in combination, and if you get called out on it you can just go "im an EDH player"

also, when your financial records are "here's a bunch of random figures scribbed on napkins" it's not all that suspicious

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Hot drat. More of this please. That kind of basic acknowledgement is literally the least someone can do and yet so many successful people (in MTG or otherwise) act like you're crucifying them to bringing attention to it.

Of course the people in that dude's mentions are either missing the point completely and sharing their own sketchy card store stories or gnashing their teeth about "well I don't see how this pertains to magic". Good grief.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Propitious Jerk posted:

Terese Nielsen does like to include a lot of symbols in her art. I'm not up on Q conspiracy theories (or really any consipracy theories for that matter), but the soldier token has a bit of an Illuminati motif framed by the shapes of a pyramid and eye. The soldier's features bare a resemblance to Abraham Lincoln and the "iris" contains a field of stars that I knee-jerk thought was an American flag, but the stars are six pointed. The figure of the soldier is kneeling in prayer and there are faint angelic faces near the top of the triangle.

You sound like the conspiracy nut explaining how the NWO is taunting us, than revealing someone else to be, to be honest.

She's also has over 8000 likes so finding the controversial ones is like finding a needle in a haystack. :argh:

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You sound like the conspiracy nut explaining how the NWO is taunting us, than revealing someone else to be, to be honest.

She's also has over 8000 likes so finding the controversial ones is like finding a needle in a haystack. :argh:

https://twitter.com/wizardbumpin/status/1030090494179721217?s=19

It's honestly pretty refreshing and tame by today's standards

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

time for them to fill out the river of tears and nimbus maze cycles

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

9 more horizon canopies.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

it is cool and good to not buy things from people who support things that you don't
which is why we all throw money hand over fist at Hasbro, Inc.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

Wait, what?

edit: I don't think Terese Nielsen is taunting us or coding her art with subliminal messages about some shadowy cabal. I just think that her depiction of a soldier as a warrior praying in front of christian iconography reflects her conservative views.

Propitious Jerk fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 14, 2019

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Retromancer posted:

9 more horizon canopies.

This would be the best timeline.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Imagine a red horizon canopy in Burn. Imagine Burn with 16 Horizon Canopies.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hoping that the basic lands in Horizons are snow covered otherwise that'd be dumb as poo poo to include basics

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

Imagine a red horizon canopy in Burn. Imagine Burn with 16 Horizon Canopies.

While a slight improvement with a w/r one, 16 of them sounds like a burn player that is going to lose a lot.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

https://twitter.com/wizardbumpin/status/1030090494179721217?s=19

It's honestly pretty refreshing and tame by today's standards

Between those and her follows, she seems more :tinfoil: than chud to me. I have to agree that's refreshing.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sickening posted:

While a slight improvement with a w/r one, 16 of them sounds like a burn player that is going to lose a lot.

I can't hear you over the sound of me turning my lands into bolts (sixteen is indeed ridiculous but a RW one would be broken af)

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The local game stores back in the day were somewhere I didn't want to spend time as a completely average nerdy white guy. I've been playing MTG on and off since 3rd grade and I've never set foot in one, even.

I think it's hilarious that people think this wouldn't have an adverse effect on anyone even slightly outside the norm.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Now there are some great family friendly places at least in my city, but I remember in the 90's you gave the same damning with faint praise to a "good" game store as you did to a smut store: "Clean and well-lit."

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Mat Cauthon posted:

Hot drat. More of this please. That kind of basic acknowledgement is literally the least someone can do and yet so many successful people (in MTG or otherwise) act like you're crucifying them to bringing attention to it.

Of course the people in that dude's mentions are either missing the point completely and sharing their own sketchy card store stories or gnashing their teeth about "well I don't see how this pertains to magic". Good grief.

Back in March, PSulli went on an amazing long form rant about how St Patrick's day is super racist and how Paddywagon is one of the few outright slurs that americans still happily use.

It owned, Patrick owns, and I wish I saved the timestamp.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

I can't hear you over the sound of me turning my lands into bolts (sixteen is indeed ridiculous but a RW one would be broken af)

At the cost of doing damage to yourself the entire time and need 2 land in play to draw a card, much less casting what you drew, its not that broken.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sickening posted:

At the cost of doing damage to yourself the entire time and need 2 land in play to draw a card, much less casting what you drew, its not that broken.

I bet Burn wouldn't play Treasure Cruise either huh

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

I bet Burn wouldn't play Treasure Cruise either huh

It wouldn't play black lotus.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Between those and her follows, she seems more :tinfoil: than chud to me. I have to agree that's refreshing.

Often as not it's the same thing these days, and with disastrous results for all of us.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

Now there are some great family friendly places at least in my city, but I remember in the 90's you gave the same damning with faint praise to a "good" game store as you did to a smut store: "Clean and well-lit."

One of my stores from my childhood was well lit but most especially not clean. It's how I remember it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Broke ground on my first EDH deck because may god have mercy on my soul, I just make terrible decisions.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Broke ground on my first EDH deck because may god have mercy on my soul, I just make terrible decisions.

one of us one of us

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

It wouldn't play black lotus.

turn 1 guide eidolon :O

throw in a mountain and get another one drop in under the eidolon

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Commander is the second best format, behind draft

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

turn 1 guide eidolon :O

throw in a mountain and get another one drop in under the eidolon

I was joking. Sampatrick being the goober he is can't make a decent point.

Horizon canopy for all the color pairs is cool and good and not broken at all.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The GAM podcast rebranding to Arena Decklists is a bad idea in my opinion. It's so generic and eventually people will be using trackers to get all their decklists anyways.