Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Anybody know when I'll be able to purchase the Stranger Things set online? Tonight after during the release event? Or tomorrow maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I bet tonight after the release event.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
11:01 pm ET.

:f5:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

drgitlin posted:

But the Veyron is licensed from Bugatti :confused:

Ya but I collect technic and the regular CMFs. And cool creator animals that catch my eye.

Baron Snow posted:

Anybody up near Boston looking for an entire HS robotics clubs worth of LEGO?
Currently up for auction, not sure how high the reserve is though:

https://municibid.com/Listing/Details/22019208/Lego-Data-Tech-Robotic-Build-Training

Luckily the wrong side of the pond, otherwise I'd be tempted. The same seller has a couple of other interesting things as well.

Ika fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 14, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

When purchasing online from the LEGO Store, can I buy it online and pick it up at my local LEGO Store the next day? I'm impatient.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

s.i.r.e. posted:

When purchasing online from the LEGO Store, can I buy it online and pick it up at my local LEGO Store the next day? I'm impatient.

Nope. Better off just calling the store and seeing if it’s in stock.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just show up at opening and you'll get it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is the Stranger Things reveal tonight a VIP early access thing or are they just releasing it into the wild for everyone tonight? I don’t remember getting an email like I did for Steamboat Willie.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
VIP only to buy tonight. Wide release June.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE €199.99 – UK £179.99 – FR €199.99 – DK 1799DKK

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1128435143339802624

duz fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 15, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do kids watch Stranger Things?

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Cojawfee posted:

Do kids watch Stranger Things?

THIS ISN'T FOR THEM IT'S FOR ME

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The only time I talk to teenagers is when they take my order at Dairy Queen, but I saw a kid in a Hawkins Middle School AV Club t-shirt a couple of months ago. I pointed and gave her the thumbs up and she nodded. Also the woman who sat next to me at my old job said her teens were into it.

Maybe the kids are alright.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Full disclosure I also didn't like the show at all, but that set sort of sucks imo.

The Bronco is cool though and the minifigures are good if you are into the source material but I don't like anything else about it. Seems like a much pricier version of that big bang set that was a glorified minifigure pack.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 15, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you want a display piece, it's neat. It seems to have zero play value what with the house way up in the air.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

If you want a display piece, it's neat. It seems to have zero play value what with the house way up in the air.

I'm curious as to what those several pieces are that are around the bottoms of the houses where they connect, can you remove pins or something and have both houses not connected and displayed upright?

Also is the set sold out already because I just have the button to add to the wishlist.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
It does seem like the two halves are connected to each other with those ball joints, and it would be trivial to detach the two.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm curious as to what those several pieces are that are around the bottoms of the houses where they connect, can you remove pins or something and have both houses not connected and displayed upright?

Also is the set sold out already because I just have the button to add to the wishlist.

There was a review up on brothers brick or brickset I don’t remember which that showed the construction. You build them both upright then use some mixel ball joints to snap it all together. The set can be flipped and the bronco is held in place by a technic stud.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

no broccoli please posted:

THIS ISN'T FOR THEM IT'S FOR ME

It's a playset, are you going to play with it?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, the Downtown Diner (heck, any of my modulars) aren't supposed to be play sets but to my daughter it's a dollhouse with cool things like "a gym like Mommy goes to!".

Though I should note she only gets to play with it with me watching.

So the Stranger Things set could totally be a play set or an older child, or for a younger one with supervision. My daughter would probably love it, actually, because it has a bunch of kids and "a Mommy and a Daddy".

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

s.i.r.e. posted:

It went live sometime in the last hour for VIP.

3-8 business days is *not* fast enough :(

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I want it but I really should be buying the assembly square first since that's much more likely to go out of print before this.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Darth TNT posted:

It's a playset, are you going to play with it?

Hell no, I'm gonna kragle it and keep it under lock and key in a glass display case in a vault. With a "no flash photography" sign. And security guards.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I didn’t want to run out and buy it but this morning my wife was like “is it on sale today? Yes? Why aren’t you on the way to buy it right now” and I had $45 in vip credit, so here we are.

She super likes the show but idk where we will put it, microscale Hogwarts is in the obvious spot and I prefer that to this. Maybe she can take it to work. Hopefully it’ll be a fun build at least?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Baron Snow posted:

Anybody up near Boston looking for an entire HS robotics clubs worth of LEGO?
Currently up for auction, not sure how high the reserve is though:

https://municibid.com/Listing/Details/22019208/Lego-Data-Tech-Robotic-Build-Training
well, I might go over to take a look at it, at least.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

CommanderApaul posted:

3-8 business days is *not* fast enough :(
I ordered today on my lunch break, but didn't pay for faster shipping. I just checked my tracking number, FedEx says it is scheduled for delivery by the end of the day tomorrow.

:awesome:

We'll see if that actually happens though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Any idea if things like the Jaws poster are stickers or prints in the stranger things set?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

deoju posted:

I ordered today on my lunch break, but didn't pay for faster shipping. I just checked my tracking number, FedEx says it is scheduled for delivery by the end of the day tomorrow.

:awesome:

We'll see if that actually happens though.

Same.

Edit: Just realized I have poo poo all weekend. Oh well.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Any idea if things like the Jaws poster are stickers or prints in the stranger things set?

Looks like stickers. Brothers Brick has a hands-on review with images of the sticker sheet.

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 16, 2019

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Big Stranger Things fan. This set is dumb.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

CommanderApaul posted:

Same.

Edit: Just realized I have poo poo all weekend. Oh well.

Looks like stickers. Brothers Brick has a hands-on review with images of the sticker sheet.

Dang, I would have be stoked to just order the printed piece but the sheet will have to do.

Thanks.

Actually looking at the review there's some great pieces in it, and the figures are all really great prints too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Feenix posted:

Big Stranger Things fan. This set is dumb.

I'm not a big Stranger Things fan, I think season 1 was good, but I think the set's pretty clever. I wish the house had more levels and depth. The side rooms are absolutely claustrophobic after looking at the set after a while. Wasn't their D&D room the basement?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Yes, but it was in Mike's basement, not Will's.

But nbd imo :shrug: Dustin might host next time.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm not a big Stranger Things fan, I think season 1 was good, but I think the set's pretty clever. I wish the house had more levels and depth. The side rooms are absolutely claustrophobic after looking at the set after a while. Wasn't their D&D room the basement?

The D&D room was in a completely different house. The set represents the show thematically as a whole, as opposed to a single part of it, which is neat.

It's a cool set, and if I still worked for Lego I would be psyched to see it show up in the dent and damage section, but I'm probably not gonna be able to pick it up as full MSRP anytime soon.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Hello friends do we or did we at one time have someone that works/worked at the Water Tower Place store in Chicago? I have an interview coming up this weekend and I'm looking for cases to make beyond "ten years of retail experience" and "namedropped my first set (from 1984 or so) in my cover letter."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

deoju posted:

Yes, but it was in Mike's basement, not Will's.

But nbd imo :shrug: Dustin might host next time.

Now I remember, I still feel like there should have been more depth to it but oh well.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
You could argue there should be tunnels. It also shouldn't be too hard to build them in, since you can just add half a tunnel under each house half, then move the clips.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
UCS Y-Wing getting delivered today :toot:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

rickiep00h posted:

Hello friends do we or did we at one time have someone that works/worked at the Water Tower Place store in Chicago? I have an interview coming up this weekend and I'm looking for cases to make beyond "ten years of retail experience" and "namedropped my first set (from 1984 or so) in my cover letter."

I don't work there but I go there frequently. Let's be friends when you get the job.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, I go there 2-3 times a year when I get to Chicago. It's a nice store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, ordered the Stranger Things set. It sounds like it is designed for both halves to be built separately, so it will be a cool co build with my fiancee.

Though I really need to crack open assembly square. I've held off on it until some property damage at our house got repaired, which it has. So that'll double like my lego city square footage.