Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yeah I picked him up in the Goon keeper league a while ago, his power and OBP are nice.

Power and OBP, you say? Hmm where did it come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: Jack Flaherty was tossing a shutout and then gives up 3 runs in the 5th. Holy poo poo this pitcher is consistent.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: Jack Flaherty was tossing a shutout and then gives up 3 runs in the 5th. Holy poo poo this pitcher is consistent.

This happens every fuckin start

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fawning deference posted:

This happens every fuckin start

It does. It's so great.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Austin Riley called up.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rand alPaul posted:

It was a no hitter through 4. At least he eked out a QS

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Guy in a pro league (12-team 5x5) is offering Harper for a 1B. I have Goldy, Voit, and Pete Alonso which creates a slight logjam, since there's only three spots I can play a 1B-only player. (I've been dangling Goldy for a SP but no takers.)

Should I offer one of them for Harper, or Harper+, or just be glad I didn't draft Bryce?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Guy in a pro league (12-team 5x5) is offering Harper for a 1B. I have Goldy, Voit, and Pete Alonso which creates a slight logjam, since there's only three spots I can play a 1B-only player. (I've been dangling Goldy for a SP but no takers.)

Should I offer one of them for Harper, or Harper+, or just be glad I didn't draft Bryce?

He's got a sore knee and is swinging at everything. It's a mess.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man certain trades really make me hate people. Why the gently caress would I trade you Hoskins for Stanton. Like even if he was healthy

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

the_american_dream posted:

Man certain trades really make me hate people. Why the gently caress would I trade you Hoskins for Stanton. Like even if he was healthy

That's not that bad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah I'd prob do that even if Stanton isn't healthy and is coming back soon. He finished lamely but between June to August he was smoking last year.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Forgot to activate Chris Archer for his start today. :cool:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I don’t get that. Hoskins is healthy, multi eligible, healthy, offers roughly the same power in a stronger lineup for runs and rbis as long as most of NYY is dead and also is healthy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
ADD GRIENKE TO MY DEAD PILE

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
In a sport with no contact the rate of which players horrifically injure themselves for months on end continuously astounds me

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
To be fair. Most of them are not in good shape

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Boy oh boy is Daniel Murphy holding me hostage

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of not-healthy is AJ Pollock just out the rest of the season? He's got an IV pumping antibiotics into his elbow.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

In a sport with no contact the rate of which players horrifically injure themselves for months on end continuously astounds me

Throwing a baseball at the velocity these guys do is one of the most unnatural things in all of sports. I'm not surprised they break as often as they do.

Hitters OTOH, yeah I got nothin'.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Andujar officially getting surgery so yeah, he's quite droppable.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pretty thrilled with my Soroka pick up

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gleyber hit 3 dongs and Aroldis had 2 saves :eyepop: in today's doubleheader

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dwight Smith struck out a bunch 😕

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the_american_dream posted:

Pretty thrilled with my Soroka pick up
I picked up Touki and then Soroka got called up the next day or so, and I got the alert on my phone and was like "hmm I'll look into this guy later." Ended up taking too long, someone else got him, and then Touki went out and gave up 7 runs in an inning. :lol:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

think Hiura is worth using a high waiver spot on??

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Paperback Writer posted:

think Hiura is worth using a high waiver spot on??

Depends on league and team needs, but most likely yes. Unless you're waiting on Yordan.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/GregJohnsMLB/status/1129083112682450944

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I think I'm going to lose this week and it's probably going to be because I'm stupid and have Gleyber Torres on my bench. And also, being greedy and starting Folty on a 2 start week is going to screw me over too.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 16, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Come on Bauer. White Sox and now orioles ?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who the gently caress names their kid Shed

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

wb Mallex

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have Vlad Jr and now Austin Riley at 3B, in addition to Eugenio Suarez, and i have no CF. I really need to address this so I've been trying to shop Suarez (Riley prob not valuable enough to sell on, and Vlad Jr i want to keep long-term).

Which of the following are worth it given my situation

Suarez for Harper (no response)
Suarez for Blackmon (no response)
Suarez for Gallo (no response)
Suarez for Conforto (on the table)
Suarez for Buxton (on the table)

You can keep guys as long as you want but there's a limit of 5 keepers, that's why I think there's a chance the Blackmon owner could accept, Suarez being 5 years younger. Harper owner could accept if he gets peeved enough at Harper's slump, I guess

I was ready to just take the Conforto deal before the concussion. Now I'm thinking perhaps I should just wait a couple weeks for Conforto to come back, see if anyone else bites, and if not, take another look at Conforto/Buxton then? Idk

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Doltos posted:

His father was a gardener

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Would you start Marco Gonzales or max fried tonight. Leaning Fried but the brewers scare me

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

His full name is Shedric and he is cool and it's a cool name.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fast Luck posted:

I picked up Touki and then Soroka got called up the next day or so, and I got the alert on my phone and was like "hmm I'll look into this guy later." Ended up taking too long, someone else got him, and then Touki went out and gave up 7 runs in an inning. :lol:

This is why pitchers are such a crap shoot because I thought Touki was a breakout this year and oh man was I wrong. I didn't even know who Soroka was.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I streamed Soroka a couple of times in both my leagues earlier in the season, but now that he's consistently good, I don't own him in either.

In other news, is it safe to drop Robinson Cano? I want to think there's still upside there, but it's increasingly looking unlikely. I was trying to hold him for a good stretch and trade him to one of the Mets homers in my league, but I feel like he's become next man down in a roster crunch.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

This is why pitchers are such a crap shoot because I thought Touki was a breakout this year and oh man was I wrong. I didn't even know who Soroka was.

Is it just me or are the Braves like a SP factory but they never stick around long term? They either break down like Brandon Beachy or end up on the Royals at some point

Last year the new guy to own was Sean Newcomb, now he's in the bullpen

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Simpsons Reference posted:

Is it just me or are the Braves like a SP factory but they never stick around long term? They either break down like Brandon Beachy or end up on the Royals at some point

Last year the new guy to own was Sean Newcomb, now he's in the bullpen

They've had a fantastic feeder system of ripping off the Diamondbacks for a decade, but you're correct. Just off the top of my head, guys like Kris Medlen, Shelby Miller, Mike Foltynewicziczifz all have been pick-ups of the year if you snagged them off the wire at the right time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Feeder system for the Royals. Medlen, Minor, Davies (not that he's any good)