Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They are doing a remake of underworld unleashed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

And having two versions of Mister Freeze would be true to UU.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

I was just going to post this. The 90's never die!!!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AT&T, huh? Maybe it's time for the return of a phone poll to save or kill Robin.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

he's changing his name to Bruce Dwayne

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Parallax posted:

he's changing his name to Bruce Dwayne

You'd have to change his first name ala 'Ric' Grayson. Nobody's actually named Bruce anymore. He will be Robert, or Bob. Bob Wayne.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robbie Wayne scans as a celebrity name especially if they're insistent on keeping batman perpetually in his early 30s

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Making Batman Bruce Bruce would be a pretty radical reinvention of the character.

Given Tom King's track record, I assume the reveal is going to be that Thomas and Martha Wayne were both veterans of war and their PTSD actually led them to kill themselves in Suicide Alley, and everything we know is just Bruce's coping mechanism.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bruce killed his parents, and when he beats up bad guys he's actually beating himself up

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is a crazy idea, but what if Batman is the real person and Bruce Wayne is the mask?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Edge & Christian posted:

Making Batman Bruce Bruce would be a pretty radical reinvention of the character.

Given Tom King's track record, I assume the reveal is going to be that Thomas and Martha Wayne were both veterans of war and their PTSD actually led them to kill themselves in Suicide Alley, and everything we know is just Bruce's coping mechanism.

The size of the giant penny causes it to be unspendable in in any coin-based transaction.

The mystery is then not why the zinc and copper mix is proportionally accurate, but why anyone would ever make such a coin.

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 15, 2019

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

bruce killed his parents, and when he beats up bad guys he's actually beating himself up
This is the plot/opening illusion of Snyder's Last Knight on Earth, and also literally the origin of Master Bruce in King's Batman, so I assume he won't go to that well again. Though I guess King already did an arc called I AM SUICIDE so uh

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I did not enjoy Batman randomly hitting one of his kids once again in the latest Batman issue.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

I want it to be this.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The twist is Bruce Wayne is actually Vin Diesel.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

This is a crazy idea, but what if Batman is the real person and Bruce Wayne is the mask?

Holy poo poo you should pitch this to DC dude! :v:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is the crisis mentioned in todays naomi crisis on infinite earths or one of the other ones?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Seemed like it's just something that happened on that alternate Earth.
COIE was erasing worlds not just causing their ozone layers to collapse, letting in superpower rays, or whatever happened there.

I thought the whole backstory was pretty dumb. Good series otherwise, but that was a let down for me.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They're gonna have Bruce quit being Batman or have him kill a person or something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

They're gonna have Bruce quit being Batman or have him kill a person or something.

if they do this and when it is not the joker

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Everytime a writer talks about "making their mark" on the character I tend to think "wonder what they are going to do screw the character up."

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

if they get rid of the giant penny im loving rioting

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Bruce changes his name to Brick Wayne. Brick and Ric become the new Dynamic Duo.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
How many bad books is King going to write before people finally stop giving him opportunities to do so?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

How many bad books is King going to write before people finally stop giving him opportunities to do so?

considering those books sell well or are critically acclaimed probably a lot

after reading today's Batman i really have no idea what King is doing anymore

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Teenage Fansub posted:

Seemed like it's just something that happened on that alternate Earth.
COIE was erasing worlds not just causing their ozone layers to collapse, letting in superpower rays, or whatever happened there.

I thought the whole backstory was pretty dumb. Good series otherwise, but that was a let down for me.

Yeah, this is a far cry from like THE BIGGEST SECRET IN THE DC UNVERSE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. With the whole podunk town angle I was initially thinking it'd be like Avengers Standoff or something where the whole town was involved in whatever was going down, but nope. I guess we have one more issue to see if there is some super big secret for reals.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One of the best things they did for Batman was making Dick Batman for a while after Bruce "died." Morrison's Dick and Damian were a great duo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I miss Bat-Dick so much.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The second volume of the Grant Morrison Batman omnibus comes out next month. It covers the whole Dick Grayson Batman era and Return of Bruce Wayne.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I miss Bat-Dick so much.

Don't worry I'm sure you can find an uncensored scan of that Batman Damned comic somewhere

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

The second volume of the Grant Morrison Batman omnibus comes out next month. It covers the whole Dick Grayson Batman era and Return of Bruce Wayne.

It'll be good to have something that mixes the two properly. It's tough to explain how you're supposed to read the 3rd(?) BnR and ROBW trades together.

edit:
Neal Adams has another miniseries coming.
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1128750663381471236

edit 2:
Warren Ellis following up The Wild Storm with Wildcats. Ramon Villalobos is the artist :). Six issues.
https://twitter.com/OliverSava/status/1129047678963322881

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 16, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Full August solicits: https://www.newsarama.com/45229-dc-comics-august-2019-solicitations.html

Batman/Superman, Batman vs Ra's and WildCATs start

Year of the Villain one shots:
Black Mask by Tom Taylor and Cully Hamner
Sinestro by Mark Russell and Brandon Peterson

Multiverse GL team-up in GL :toot:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 17, 2019

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i wish they'd just print older artists stuff like Adams in black and white, it looks so much better that way

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I hope the Adams miniseries is as unhinged as his last Batman and Superman work. It’s pure madness. How is his recent deadman mini?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I am reading the OG boy commandos from the 40s that Simon and Kirby did. These comics rule. Everyone should read them.

Edit: OG Airwave could easily be converted into a modern hero with the internet of things existing, but then we run into surveillance state problems. It could be interesting though. Every story is him hearing about some criminals, finding out where they are, using radio waves to listen to them through a metal object, then announce he is coming to get them from said metal object, and showing up to beat the bejesus out of them. It is hilarious. The single wheel roller blades rule too.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 19, 2019

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

"Detective Chimp becomes the new Batman" is something I would unironically love to see. And then he is the best Batman Gotham has ever seen: he's stronger than any non-powered human, and every costumed criminal feels upstaged next to a chimpanzee who is dressed up as a bat. So I hope Tom King's thing is this, which it obviously won't be.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Teenage Fansub posted:

Multiverse GL team-up in GL :toot:

I’ve missed Morrison’s wacky multiverse shenanigans (Love Syndicate of Dreamworld GL, gently caress yeah). Who’s the woman in black with the rainbows?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just checked. She ain't in the Multiversity guidebook.

vegetables posted:

"Detective Chimp becomes the new Batman" is something I would unironically love to see. And then he is the best Batman Gotham has ever seen: he's stronger than any non-powered human, and every costumed criminal feels upstaged next to a chimpanzee who is dressed up as a bat. So I hope Tom King's thing is this, which it obviously won't be.

Nah. That'll be when Tom Taylor takes over Detective Comics.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

FoneBone posted:

I’ve missed Morrison’s wacky multiverse shenanigans (Love Syndicate of Dreamworld GL, gently caress yeah). Who’s the woman in black with the rainbows?

I'd bet it's a Dr Spectrum from the Squadron Supreme analogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Heads up everyone that DC is doing their massive all our graphic novels for $6 each sale on comixology right now.