Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

San Francisco in particular is a lot more likely to be a reactionary stronghold tho. Theres not really any poor or even middle class people actually living there any more, except for the homeless ones

So, like, a whole lot of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shipon posted:

if there were any actual attempt to assert power in this country against the government they would just loving carpetbomb the cities in which riots took place. they wouldn't give a second thought to it, half the chuds are practically salivating at the idea that the troops would bomb san francisco anyway

This is some weird leftist defeatism meme that keeps getting brought up but like... loving lol if you really think this would happen. As if life is just a video game and all those vehicles, bombs, and crews are robots with 0 feelings at all and which have an unlimited supply of ammo back at the base. Or like if they did that the country wouldn't instantly dissolve into civil war.

Like bro the US gov't can't even successfully occupy Afghanistan what makes you think they can occupy like, the entire West Coast?

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 21:03 on May 15, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

It owns that you have dental and vision covered by your health insurance.

Because obviously those are part of... your health... especially given the amount of body-wide diseases that can originate from lovely oral healthcare........ except in the USA where you have to buy coverage for those separately :)

Because it isn't just capitalism here, it's a particularly virulent form of hell capitalism.

New Zealand is actually a great study in why exceptions for dental are hosed. Dentistry is not covered by the public health system (and GP visits only partially so) because when the PM was setting it up back in 1938 he rather ironically was dying of cancer and literally ran out of time to get the full system in place before he died.

As a result dentistry in NZ is this lovely unregulated wasteland full of assholes and scammers. Dentists low-key sit under chiropractors and naturopaths in terms of trusted health practitioners. And unsurprisingly NZ has terrible dental hygiene and a range of extra/associated (and entirely avoidable) costs for the public health system as a result.

Also as a result the health insurance options that include dental (or cover for GP visits) are the $200-300/month platinum packages, because it isn't a service that people can get elsewhere anyway. The public/funded services provide the base for private health insurance to leech off, is the short version of this story.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Any kind of civil war 2.0 seems supremely unlikely imo. Either we work out our differences*, some number of chunks peacefully secede, or we all go down the toilet together.

*We won't

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

It owns that you have dental and vision covered by your health insurance.

Because obviously those are part of... your health... especially given the amount of body-wide diseases that can originate from lovely oral healthcare........ except in the USA where you have to buy coverage for those separately :)

Because it isn't just capitalism here, it's a particularly virulent form of hell capitalism.

Our state government's former speaker of the house made eye prescriptions expire very quickly because he was a former optometrist and wanted to drum up more business for his pals. He also was behind closing the big state mental hospital so the land could be sold to developers (a deal which fell through so it just got closed for literally no reason)

He got kicked out after a scandal where he took a paper bag of cash from a guy in a men's room in exchange for favorable legislation on chiropractors.

Now you might ask, "after that, surely people would vote for the democrats". Problem is, those were the democrats.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tunicate posted:

Our state government's former speaker of the house made eye prescriptions expire very quickly because he was a former optometrist and wanted to drum up more business for his pals. He also was behind closing the big state mental hospital so the land could be sold to developers (a deal which fell through so it just got closed for literally no reason)

He got kicked out after a scandal where he took a paper bag of cash from a guy in a men's room in exchange for favorable legislation on chiropractors.

Now you might ask, "after that, surely people would vote for the democrats". Problem is, those were the democrats.

Hmm not familiar with all this but let me guess... Illinois???

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Moridin920 posted:

This is some weird leftist defeatism meme that keeps getting brought up but like... loving lol if you really think this would happen. As if life is just a video game and all those vehicles, bombs, and crews are robots with 0 feelings at all and which have an unlimited supply of ammo back at the base. Or like if they did that the country wouldn't instantly dissolve into civil war.

Like bro the US gov't can't even successfully occupy Afghanistan what makes you think they can occupy like, the entire West Coast?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Tunicate posted:

Not surprised a chiropractor would get caught doing some stupid cartoon poo poo like this. Chiropractors are easily the stupidest mother fuckers you will ever meet in your life. I bet the bag had a big dollar sign on it too.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/VitaCoco/status/1128755630230130688

why yes that IS piss in a jar she sent to a twitter personality

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Broke: Literally drink a brand's piss once
Woke: Metaphorically drink a brand's piss all day, every day, forever

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Any kind of civil war 2.0 seems supremely unlikely imo. Either we work out our differences*, some number of chunks peacefully secede, or we all go down the toilet together.

*We won't

It's about as likely as the US military carpet bombing US cities into the ground.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Everyone always links me this poo poo. Yeah?? And? Similar incidents happened all over the country and many black towns/communities disappeared. The KKK had their fingers in that pie, too.

That's still lightyears away from "the US military will massacre US citizens in response to widespread insurrection." Where do you think the bombs and supplies to do such a thing would come from exactly???

When the New Deal was passed people were blockading state capitols and ready to overthrow governments in a leftist revolution and they weren't getting machine gunned down. In fact, the New Deal passed.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 22:01 on May 15, 2019

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Moridin920 posted:

Everyone always links me this poo poo. Yeah?? And? Similar incidents happened all over the country and many black towns/communities disappeared. The KKK had their fingers in that pie, too.

That's still lightyears away from "the US military will massacre US citizens in response to widespread insurrection." Where do you think the bombs and supplies to do such a thing would come from exactly???

no you misunderstand I wasn't linking you that for evidence to my point I was linking it because every one of your posts are as bad as the tulsa race riot.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Peanut President posted:

no you misunderstand I wasn't linking you that for evidence to my point I was linking it because every one of your posts are as bad as the tulsa race riot.

Whatever dude I just hate the coward rear end "buhh everything sucks but don't do anything because then the gov't will kill you" mentality.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Moridin920 posted:

the gov't will kill you

god i wish

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Of all the obstacles I can imagine that might hinder progress towards a better future, "the US Government might murder me and thousands of other US citizens if we try" is really not high up there.

Now brown foreigners, that's a different story.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/KimsKapturesCO/status/1128732661839745025

https://twitter.com/DillonMThomas/status/1128711799988080640

This is one of the most American things I've ever seen.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That's some good viral marketing there.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

That's some good viral marketing there.

A Jeep dealer probably organized that whole Jeep parade.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the dude's supposed love of jeeps turned out to be made up or tenuous at best.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the dude's supposed love of jeeps turned out to be made up or tenuous at best.

They basically gave the news 4 pics of him and one of them had a jeep in it.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

cops have literally firebombed entire neighborhoods because a handful of people in one house were antifascists

the conceit with the modern military is that the people who actually make the decisions are entirely brainwashed by it to see the left as the enemy. they don't see us as americans, in their minds bombing SF (which yes, isn't actually a hotbed of extremism, but they don't seem to recognize this) is justified to defend Real America

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bert Roberge posted:

They basically gave the news 4 pics of him and one of them had a jeep in it.

Oh wow so if I die and someone shows a picture of my bedroom I might be a XBOX ENTHUSIAST and receive a 21 Xbone Salute because of a device I primarily use to put Netflix on my TV.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the whole point of those things is that they look scary. they dont actually hold up terribly well to say, being doused in 4-5 molotov cocktails, or going over a spike strip, or being hit with an IED. or hell, taking sustained .50 fire

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

uh if I get killed and someone finds this account then have a bunch of 2B cosplayers as my pallbearers thank you

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shneak posted:

https://twitter.com/VitaCoco/status/1128755630230130688

why yes that IS piss in a jar she sent to a twitter personality

i read this twitter and i think im ready to get off jacks wild ride for the rest of forever

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Shipon posted:

cops have literally firebombed entire neighborhoods because a handful of people in one house were antifascists

the conceit with the modern military is that the people who actually make the decisions are entirely brainwashed by it to see the left as the enemy. they don't see us as americans, in their minds bombing SF (which yes, isn't actually a hotbed of extremism, but they don't seem to recognize this) is justified to defend Real America

Also, video games is probably a poor metaphor when that's literally how drone operators describe their own job.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Human Resources posted:

We recently had a review of our company sponsored 2016 medical claims, including pharmaceutical claims.

Ø Five percent of participants drove 79% of the total claims cost. The “norm” is 59%.

Ø Specialty drugs accounted for over 68% of the prescription drug costs. The “norm” is 29%.

Ø Emergency Room (ER) visits were 84% higher than the “norm”.

Ø Overall ER visits were twice as costly as the “norm”.

Ø Preventative Care visits were 33% lower the “norm”.

Ø Net cost per employee rose 84% from $3,956 in 2015 to $7,270 in 2016.

This letter goes on to tell us that we need to be smart healthcare consumers and use the teladoc as it's a free service provided through our insurance

company newsletter posted:

While we did not quite meet our financial targets, we are expecting an improved business climate due to regulatory relief and tax rate reductions. Unfortunately, we had higher than expected health care costs and increased wages that impacted our net earnings resulting in an after-tax net income of 3.42% compared to 4.19% in 2016, 3.57% in 2015 and 3.47% in 2014.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

Also, video games is probably a poor metaphor when that's literally how drone operators describe their own job.

Drone operators say that bc they use console controllers, that doesn't mean that the entire logistics and production chain behind drone operations is just super easy and simple like pushing a button.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Like sorry but the US military couldn't even pacify 60,000 Taliban in Afghanistan and that's with an untouched industrial base at home.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I don’t even think the USA could pacify Western Europe right now, the softest of targets in the world

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Like sorry but the US military couldn't even pacify 60,000 Taliban in Afghanistan and that's with an untouched industrial base at home.

The track records of foreign powers trying occupy and nation build in Afghanistan is not really good.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Posting a pic of my actual face with a jar of my own piss to own some rando on Twitter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Picnic Princess posted:

Posting a pic of my actual face with a jar of my own piss to own some rando on Twitter.

you forgot the link

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Just saw a billboard ad for Uber that was just a picture of a tweet from someone saying "second time an @Uber driver has found and returned my wallet. Thank you!"

Just for shits (and because I was bored on the bus) I figured I'd find the tweet, and searching Google and Twitter I can't find it. Whats the over under on Uber straight up falsifying the tweet, vs the person deleting their account?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bike tory posted:

Just saw a billboard ad for Uber that was just a picture of a tweet from someone saying "second time an @Uber driver has found and returned my wallet. Thank you!"

Just for shits (and because I was bored on the bus) I figured I'd find the tweet, and searching Google and Twitter I can't find it. Whats the over under on Uber straight up falsifying the tweet, vs the person deleting their account?

could be the driver also stole the phone and sent the tweet as the ultimate coverup

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

For a moment I thought this was for bartenders and not lawyers lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009