Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
This is the game that had to refactor watermelons because breaking one created a ton of intricately-modelled fragments that required an infinite amount of polygons and crashed immediately, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheDarkFlame posted:

This is the game that had to refactor watermelons because breaking one created a ton of intricately-modelled fragments that required an infinite amount of polygons and crashed immediately, right?

If by "refactor" you mean "remove entirely" then yes absolutely

Sorry you didn't think they knew how to fix things, did you

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Spoiler alert: there is a slapfight about this being anti-SC propaganda in the reddit thread that I got that watermelon patch note from

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

jarlywarly posted:

* The only actual animal in the game, inexplicably a turtle that's built into CryEngine that you can pick up and carry around

Can we skin it?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Eh, it's fine, I don't think anyone expected the watermelons to last as long as they have. At the very least, it's given our insiders more time to prep Chris about the ice cubes in Metal Gear Solid

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sarsapariller posted:

The game hasn't been the same since they took watermelons out. Beginning of the end of a space game IMO.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

TheDarkFlame posted:

That sounds like story of FFXIV 1.0, except they fired the lead guy and remade and relaunched the game.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can we skin it?

only if you are concierge.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1128673743000285190

No irony here. No sir, none at all.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

It's not comparable because I wouldn't buy star citizen for $20

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The man knows what he likes

It's

and also

but really

and then he was like twenty dollars? Get outta here

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

* The only actual animal in the game, inexplicably a turtle that you can pick up and carry around

There's good eating on a tortoise.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

Spoiler alert: there is a slapfight about this being anti-SC propaganda in the reddit thread that I got that watermelon patch note from

What? Its anti-SC propoganda that they removed the watermelons?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

jarlywarly posted:

* The only actual animal in the game, inexplicably a turtle that's built into CryEngine that you can pick up and carry around

Procedural fauna is in baby! Pledge now for the zoo variant of the MISC Endeavor!

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 15, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Agony Aunt posted:

What? Its anti-SC propoganda that they removed the watermelons?

Yeah I don't know, there's bitching about downvotes and bitching about bitching. It's a pretty standard SC sub thread. Even when we aren't around they are exeptionally toxic and unpleasant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/91rgrt/watermelon_are_surprisingly_powerful/?st=jvps5hr1&sh=8db18284

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/1100381786360766465

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Star Citizen Backers Extremely Mad, Red, Nude Online

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Star Citizer: He only had an aurora and didn't want to take the hour-long flight.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizer: He only had an aurora and didn't want to take the hour-long flight.

I love pointing out to people who say the travel times are "Fine" that it is literally faster to ride a Starfarer from Port O to either of the planets, and then file an insurance claim for your small ship and wait out the timer, than it is to actually fly there. For some reason it is 100% fine with citizens that the travel times stay enormous "because realism" but also that the insurance timers stay in the ~10 minute range "because gameplay."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

A) you already posted this
B) the Citizers are too stupid to understand the difference between Forbes the print magazine and the Forbes.com online blogs. Hint to Citizers: journalists for the print mag don’t get paid per click.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i haven't clicked on this thread in years and SC is still a horrendous, buggy scam yeah?

lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

I love pointing out to people who say the travel times are "Fine" that it is literally faster to ride a Starfarer from Port O to either of the planets, and then file an insurance claim for your small ship and wait out the timer, than it is to actually fly there. For some reason it is 100% fine with citizens that the travel times stay enormous "because realism" but also that the insurance timers stay in the ~10 minute range "because gameplay."

No you see this is gonna be fine because it’s the only way to ensure players who bought Genesis Starliners have a job to do

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sarsapariller posted:

Store Citizer is really coming together now. Watch how this mission goes craaaaaaazy off the rails!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDITUnzOnpQ

Haha, they stole all the drugs! It took hours of hauling crates one at a time! I'm guessing the whole thing was edited to eliminate about 50,000 crashes and restarts! In the end they made 170k, almost enough for a... <checks notes>... literally nothing. You cannot buy anything with that amount of money. The most worthless ship in the game costs 250k.

Ergh, ships still move about like they are just a free-look camera? What an awful feeling. Why do the ships have no mass still.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i haven't clicked on this thread in years and SC is still a horrendous, buggy scam yeah?

lol

The game is actually good. We are all playing it, right now in this thread.

Though it is kinda slow now. And i’m terribly sore, with a hangover, after the big Forbes rubbing party.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Had a conversation with him in PM about how I know he's iq_derek. He went on about having a conversation with himself about me, others and clowns.

He's certifiable.

edit:
Noticed it didn't quote the other also, but OldCmdrSmart or whatever the kid's name is.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Why would you would ever PM any of these weirdos is beyond me

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

Why would you engage with them on reddit?

Why would you install the game and rp hot bears times with them"

Why would you run a forum dedicated to archiving their lovely offtopic posts that have zero to do with star citizen?

Look at what you've done beet. STARE UPON YE WORKS OF CITIZERY AND BEMOAN YOUR FATE.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beet Wagon posted:

Poking the dog turd with a stick makes the flies fly angrily away.

I have no loving idea what I'm talking about

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Beet Wagon posted:

what are you talking about - all of us are constantly publicly mocking them.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Spiderdrake posted:

Why would you engage with them on reddit?

Why would you install the game and rp hot bears times with them"

Why would you run a forum dedicated to archiving their lovely offtopic posts that have zero to do with star citizen?

Look at what you've done beet. STARE UPON YE WORKS OF CITIZERY AND BEMOAN YOUR FATE.

my god, star citizen really was a slippery slope!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

real talk I only question why you would put up with the last one

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Spiderdrake posted:

real talk I only question why you would put up with the last one

Personally, I don't think it's all that bad.Lately most of the real weirdos have left our subforum anyway, Especially with CIG slowing down their rate of fuckups. Actually, I don't even have to do much any more. The subforum has kinda settled out, So this is really the least worst part of that list Except of course when we get a new poster who thinks this is reddit or whatever.

Kinda surprising, really. I sorta miss the "thousands of posts a day" behemoth. Like, not enough to mod it again but it was fun for a time. Luckily ( or unluckily I guess) I think as we get closer to CIG either imploding or releasing an absolute turd, think people will come back. Maybe we'll even let Derek in for a final victory lap lol. Maybe we can convince Chris Roberts to come by for a personal Expose while we're at it lol.

At the very least, maybe once it comes out and flops all these reddit weirdos will gently caress off and set me free.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Maybe we'll even let Derek in for a final victory lap lol. Maybe we can convince Chris Roberts to come by for a personal Expose while we're at it lol.

I really wish Smart was back in this thread. I think everyone would agree that he brought a certain beauty to this thread. I don't agree with him on a few thing, but I think he is a fun a guy.

Dream on about getting Roberts here. He is a wanabe US oligarch, they just stay in their own heads, they are never real. Same with Roberts (even though he is just a wanabe).

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

specially with CIG slowing down their rate of fuckups.

Not really sure if that's what's happening.

It feels more like a kind of nose blindness. The first few years seemed crazy, but now we're just so used to seeing/reading this stuff that it doesn't rise above the noise floor we've been conditioned to.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AlbieQuirky posted:

A) you already posted this
B) the Citizers are too stupid to understand the difference between Forbes the print magazine and the Forbes.com online blogs. Hint to Citizers: journalists for the print mag don’t get paid per click.

Surprisingly, neither do their website writers. It takes a surprising amount of skill to write a cogent, researched article with the backing of your editorial staff, and it’s loving Forbes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hav posted:

Surprisingly, neither do their website writers. It takes a surprising amount of skill to write a cogent, researched article with the backing of your editorial staff, and it’s loving Forbes.

The SC article was in the print mag.

And as you say, the online mag isn’t pay-per-click in any case, just the HuffPo-model blogs.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
The citizenry are going to buy up all the magazines and set them on fire to teach Forbes a lesson. And then Forbes will print more of their most popular issue based on sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Strangler 42 posted:

The citizenry are going to buy up all the magazines and set them on fire to teach Forbes a lesson. And then Forbes will print more of their most popular issue based on sales.

There is a certain amount of hardcore backers that are pro book burning.