Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Hammerite posted:

this Ross Ulbricht fella seems like a real piece of poo poo!!!
He’s every bit the hero that Julian Assange is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
*mumbles something about publishing illicit sales offers as a form of press freedom*

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://mobile.twitter.com/fundstrat/status/1127368266496630784

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Everyone always points out how many scams are related to bitcoin. Did everyone just forget how scammy the internet has always been? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 20 minutes ago by Raster_Eyes

This has always been an issue with the internet in general, and not something specific to cryptocurrencies. I've been scammed by people asking for a "Friends and Family" PayPal payment, and then never received the thing I paid for, contacted PayPal who then said "Sorry, you paid 'friends and family' so we don't insure losses." And I know this has happened to many other people also, but no one goes around slamming PayPal for being associated with scamming.

If you've ever tried putting something up for sale on ebay, craiglsist, or anything similar, I'm sure you at some point have experienced the massive spam of scam offers that ensues. But again, these are successful businesses/tools that people use on a regular basis. Scamming will happen anywhere that money is involved, and that shouldn't be held against anything or anyone other than the scammer and maybe the person who "fell for it" depending on the situation.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

...! posted:

I've been scammed by people asking for a "Friends and Family" PayPal payment, and then never received the thing I paid for,

:stare:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

come on, with the current price movements it will probably get there in like a week

but yeah the people who laughed at you all the way to the totally organic and sustainable 20k will defiantly change their tune when it goes to a totally organic and sustainable 10k

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/APompliano/status/1128638988510736386

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Boxturret posted:

come on, with the current price movements it will probably get there in like a week

but yeah the people who laughed at you all the way to the totally organic and sustainable 20k will defiantly change their tune when it goes to a totally organic and sustainable 10k

um if we're being defiant then that means we're not changing our tune

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Soricidus posted:

um if we're being defiant then that means we're not changing our tune

lookit this nerd who knows how to spell stuff

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
is binance allowing withdrawals yet?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

google chrome is my greatest enemy

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

lol yeah, even in the most charitable projection for long term stability, this argument boils down to "a year later it's only a 50% crash :smug:"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What do you think the British accent btcexcel guy is doing right now?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Boxturret posted:

google chrome is my greatest enemy

funny, because google ron paul is mine

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EorayMel posted:

What do you think the British accent btcexcel guy is doing right now?

that guy was clearly australian just like :gerard:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
old and busted: the bart
new hotness: the reverse pomp

recommend u HODL until the second sideburn

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hey do you guys remember when bitcoin was $19,000

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

hey do you guys remember when bitcoin was $19,000

both times

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/bitcoin_txt/status/1128803600912834563

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Where are these secret Bitcoin billionaires

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crow Your Coins! posted:

if we knew they wouldn’t be secret, duh

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Crow Your Coins! posted:

NORK?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Crow Your Coins! posted:

Canada

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:thunk:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

no i haven't met any

i saw a bitcoin vending machine in a weird nerd coffee shop once, it was covered in dust

also now that store is dead, coincidence??

...!
Oct 5, 2003

canada doesn`t actually exist. it`s fiction

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

canada doesn`t actually exist. it`s fiction

look you have to prove that america isn't a tiny island inhabited by two chickens and a rat before you can go judging other countries

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

and then even though you can tell they just want you to die of a heart attack so they can politely leave, you keep telling them about bitcoin for the second half of the conversation

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
:yaybutt:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Imagine how Bitcoin Could Change investing in theStock Market (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago by [deleted]

Wouldn't it be cool if in the future stocks were pegged to Bitcoin and companies valued themselves in an amount of bitcoin such as 45,000 BTC? Then instead of having to buy complete shares, we could take advantage of the divisibility of bitcoin and buy say .003 BTC of the company. I know we have developments like Abra that are working towards this. Once Bitcoin nears a max and has very low volatility I think it would be awesome to be able to invest like this. Maybe that's the goal TD Ameritrade, E trade, Fidelity, and other institutions have in mind in the long run.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Rare footage of the BLOCKCHAIN in action

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pomp is as stupid in video as he is over Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmjUvdJdlDM

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

orange juche posted:

Pomp is as stupid in video as he is over Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmjUvdJdlDM

laffo @ 2:50

"it's disruptive technology"

"That also smells like BS"

followed by a load of waffling from pomp about how money is money because people believe it is

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
also "halvening" is a really weird word, particularly when north americans say it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hammerite posted:

also "halvening" is a really weird word, particularly when north americans say it

and how does your uk punkass say it

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Alan Smithee posted:

and how does your uk punkass say it

fart sounds mostly

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

gotta love how bcoin twitter man that constantly posts generic motivational tweets is some how one of the top bcoin celebs and worth debating with

is he the new andreas?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

gotta love how bcoin twitter man that constantly posts generic motivational tweets is some how one of the top bcoin celebs and worth debating with

is he the new andreas?

I hope so

He seems less physically repulsive, but more dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
mount gocks