Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gunder posted:

Oh right. I don't think that'll be an issue with my bases, they're all 32mm with a single 4mm wide magnet in the centre, so there shouldn't be any danger of that.

It can still happen. Magnets are powerful and it doesn't take much effort to keep the poles oriented the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Yeah they'll be easy to pull apart, but having a figure fly into another and chip the paint or break an antennae will suck.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I bought black magnets once, instead of silver. I just use one of the black ones on the end of my "magnet stack."

I figure out my polarity by using a reference model, and stick my black magnet on the 'other' end.

Then it's as easy as taking from the silver end, and adding to the silver end when needed. It takes 0.00001 effort.

If you don't have a black magnet, stick anything on the end. E.g. a 1/8" chunk of cut paper clip.

I also immediately rough up the edge that will be glued with a file. It might aid in adhesion, but it definitely helps if I drop it and and I need to figure out which edge goes up.

"Why don't you just stick in on the stack?", you say?
Glue. If I got glue on it, I don't want to glue it to a magnet that already wants to stick to it.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Re: mini selling. There are a million Facebook groups that do this. I also have a guy on my team who does a brokering thing where he picks up armies and parts them out.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I like to steal models and slowly sell my friends’ armies. Hixson better not check his Eldar case.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Catachan isn't turning, it's trying to retreat from Sly Marbo.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The best part about that is the Thought of the Day section.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

quote:

Sly Marbo once shot down a Dakkajet by pointing at it with his finger and saying “bang!”.
This one is hilariously plausible.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Hey, my first mini that I tagged paintingwarhammer on got put onto the page. I thought like no biggie, I'm sure like everyone's does. But then my friend was like hell naw.

#humblebrag I guess.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Hey, my first mini that I tagged paintingwarhammer on got put onto the page. I thought like no biggie, I'm sure like everyone's does. But then my friend was like hell naw.

#humblebrag I guess.

Well, share with the class

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

It's the rainbow Magnus a couple pages back.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

That's a pretty good rainbow...

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

#humblebrag I guess.

:yeah:

I managed to get my Vencomcrawler in there and lol does it look like poo poo compared side-by-side to some of the others, but it's cool to see your work making the rounds.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

#humblebrag I guess.

Congrats my dude well done! You should totes be chuffed that your hams got recognized. I have my purple primaris Reivers used on the GW product page and still spooks me out that they got chosen. It’s a cool hobby flex for sure.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

#humblebrag I guess.

Very cool, unironically

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

What are good first 3-4 buys for admech? I'll want two of those new transport boats eventually, but probably one to start. The starter set seems pretty good as well. Maybe just grab those and another box of troops or Ironstrider?

e: not looking for whats competitive, just what will work ok and looks cool

The Killteam set with the Goonpriest and Ruststalkers isn't a bad choice either.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

What would be the best vehicle to convert to looted? Because my heart says Falcon Grav Tank but I'd take suggestions

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Riatsala posted:

What would be the best vehicle to convert to looted? Because my heart says Falcon Grav Tank but I'd take suggestions

Follow your heart.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
You absolutely know that somewhere in the 40k Universe, someone the Orkz view as a great foe for krumpin' shot down a Dakkajet by pointing their finger and going 'bang'.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Riatsala posted:

Carnifex.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Riatsala posted:

Go to michaels and get yourself an Ecto1 or El Camino kit.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Go to michaels and get yourself an Ecto1 or El Camino kit.

I've always wanted to do this with an M3 Lee or similarly goofy tank.

It literally has turrets stacked on top of turrets, and the biggest cannon is just slapped on the side almost like an afterthought. It oozes Ork energy, just look at this zoggin thing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

PinheadSlim posted:

It literally has turrets stacked on top of turrets, and the biggest cannon is just slapped on the side almost like an afterthought. It oozes Ork energy, just look at this zoggin thing.

Xzibit would be proud of this.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PinheadSlim posted:

Next Primaris tank sighted.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Riatsala posted:

Falcon with a bunch of Ork feet sticking out the bottom Flintstones style

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

adamantium|wang posted:

Falcon with a bunch of Ork feet sticking out the bottom Flintstones style

Oh my god

That answers my second question

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Xpost from the Mini painting thread

The Jumpoff posted:

I had some old Killa Kans from 10ish years ago, covered in craft paint and done to my, at the time, standard. I've re-done two of them (without stripping the paint out of fear of completely undoing whatever plastic glue joins are left) so far, but here is there brother who has yet to be re-touched:

Not the thickest paint in the world but it's pretty awful. I've done my...okayest with his brothers, there's only so much i can do without stripping them.

I'd feel a lot better putting those Kans on a table at the very least.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've always wanted to find some ork models that could be painted to look like they have suits and some ork heads with trilbies.

Then I'd get a 70-something sedan model and orkify it, Blue Brothers style.

"We're on a mission from Gork"

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
There is a DA one

Edit: drat I was quoting an old post about contrast paints

papasyhotcakes fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 17, 2019

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Irate Tree posted:

Next Primaris tank sighted.

Yup, photoshop some grav plates on it and you're donezo.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
I fuckin love interwar tank designs with maximum turret, and I think someone at GW does too.

Meet the soviet T35, it has 5:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Riatsala posted:

Manta.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

More.

MORE M3 greatness

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The M3 was apocryphally given the nickname “A Grave For Seven Brothers” by the USSR too, so it's very 40k.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Inspector_666 posted:

The M3 was apocryphally given the nickname “A Grave For Seven Brothers” by the USSR too, so it's very 40k.

It brought a big gun to Africa at least. Stepping stone to the Sherman. War moves fast.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
The M3 Lee is a perfect vehicle.

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

papasyhotcakes posted:

There is a DA one

Edit: drat I was quoting an old post about contrast paints

This image is so annoying. Press F7, add to dictionary for your professional presentation with made up words!

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Psyber Spine posted:

This image is so annoying. Press F7, add to dictionary for your professional presentation with made up words!

all words are made up

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Psyber Spine posted:

I like that they got so used to the spelling error notification that when they got to Apothecary and actually misspelled it they didn’t notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I like that they got so used to the spelling error notification that when they got to Apothecary and actually misspelled it they didn’t notice.

They were just spelling it how Wade Pryce says it