Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Do those of you who have floppy top backpacks prefer them for looks? Or is there a practical reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

$3 closeout at CVS. I haven't played these in nearly 40 years. :corsair:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Inspector 34 posted:

Do those of you who have floppy top backpacks prefer them for looks? Or is there a practical reason?

It lets you carry even more than 40L if you ever need to because of the roll top. It's expandable.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pick posted:

I bought an animation cel. a good one.

Agreed. But what is it from?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

LadyPictureShow posted:

The label reads: Elmer's Adventure, which Google points to as a 1997 anime film.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A ticket to see Earth for the first time in a few weeks! I've only been listening to them for like a decade+ now lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CpTtj3JWws

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jeza posted:

The label reads: Elmer's Adventure, which Google points to as a 1997 anime film.

I don't know which one is Elmer, but the adventure seems to be either going really well or really poorly.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A ticket to see Earth for the first time in a few weeks! I've only been listening to them for like a decade+ now lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CpTtj3JWws

Sweet, how many albums have you got through so far?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's from the Japanese adaptation of My Father's Dragon.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pick posted:

It's from the Japanese adaptation of My Father's Dragon.

...there was a cartoon of this!? :aaaaa:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Bottom Liner posted:

Just curious but why 40L? That's :lol: huge for a commuting backpack and overkill for travel if you pack smart.

I mean, not really, I’m 6’4” and I have to haul around a comically large laptop for work, so this size allows me to comfortably pack a spare pair of my Sasquatch shoes and dress clothes so I can change when I get in. It’s really about a perfect size for my proportions, all things considered.

For reference, I go backpacking with a 50L pack that’s more than adequate space for a weeks worth of food, shelter, etc, so it’s not like I don’t have a pack light mentality already. It’s just that my poo poo takes up a larger volume for reasons beyond my control :shrug:

Inspector 34 posted:

It’s waterproof (no leaky zippers) and I just like top loader packs because the storage space is more versatile than something with compartments. Kind of like a hatchback car vs a sedan. Plus there are no zippers to snag or break.

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 00:25 on May 16, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate the loud velcro on Mission Workshop bags. Literally the only reason I returned my Sanction bag. Also if you have pets their fur gets all over them permanently.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

I'm a terrible human being

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lookslikerain posted:

I know those things are a blight on cities that have them laying everywhere, and adults look silly as poo poo riding them, but drat if they don't look fun. If it were me, it wouldn't be the ridiculousness of an adult on a kid's scooter that was bad, but the fact that I was continuously yelling "Wheeeeeee" as I did so.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I have been commuting on a M365 and it's great inbetween the times drivers run you down

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
"I'm on a scooter! I'm going places!

"Not if you get in front of my machine you're not!"

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

I live in central Oslo, car owners are second class citizens here :)

But yeah, the rental scooters are terrible but also so so tempting. There's a few trips I make semi regularly that this thing won't manage due to hills but otherwise I'm looking forward to this summer a lot more now.

lookslikerain has a new favorite as of 16:22 on May 16, 2019

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I know those things are a blight on cities that have them laying everywhere, and adults look silly as poo poo riding them, but drat if they don't look fun. If it were me, it wouldn't be the ridiculousness of an adult on a kid's scooter that was bad, but the fact that I was continuously yelling "Wheeeeeee" as I did so.

As long as you make some kind of noise you’d do better than anyone here. I’ll ride my bike on the city greenway, where motorized things aren’t allowed, and get passed by these silent things going balls fast and the driver won’t even let me know he’s overtaking me 6 inches away.

The city is already ugly but these things littering the greenways and parks bugs me.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You'd think scooter companies would include a basic bike bell in the design.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Add a bell, tassels and a basket and I’d fuckin buy one.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

I mean, not really, I’m 6’4” and I have to haul around a comically large laptop for work, so this size allows me to comfortably pack a spare pair of my Sasquatch shoes and dress clothes so I can change when I get in. It’s really about a perfect size for my proportions, all things considered.

It's crazy just how much more suitcase room you need at 6'4", especially if you need to pack an extra set of clown shoes (15 EEEE anyone?) Moving to american apparel 50/50 shirts has helped, but any dress clothes, jackets, that sort of thing just chews up space. My wife can pack nearly twice as much stuff in the same suitcase.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Better or worse than these things?

For some reason, I love them but probably would never buy one.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I bought some case badges. Don't have any good spots on my case or GPU for them so I improvised. Third one went on my daughter's Xbone, at least that one sorta made sense

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Those look like a blast too, although with a greatly increased risk of broken bones and lost teeth.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I bought some case badges. Don't have any good spots on my case or GPU for them so I improvised. Third one went on my daughter's Xbone, at least that one sorta made sense

Do they not give you a ton of them with hardware anymore?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

JEEVES420 posted:

Do they not give you a ton of them with hardware anymore?

I don't feel like time traveling ten years ago to buy ATI hardware

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NF3K74H

Getting new internet installed next week and need a router that does high speed stuff. This seemed like a pretty good one.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I’ve been putting off watching John Wick for way too long and the first and second were ten bucks on iTunes... hot god drat!

Even having been spoiled on a ton of it that’s a great loving movie.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I've seen both multiple times and I don't even know how you can spoil it. Keanu's dog dies and he kills everyone. That's basically the ongoing plot since the first movie

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
John Wick's plot is incredibly simple, but its execution is flawless. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum is even better than John Wick: Chapter 2.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, I don't know how this happened because the first and second movies are great and some of the best of the decade, but the third is probably the best of all of them.

I just saw it a few hours ago and I already can't loving wait to go see it again. It's one of those movies.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wow really? I loved the first two so now I’m stoked. Maybe I’ll even buy a theater ticket.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't watch dogs get killed even in a movie

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

lookslikerain posted:

Inzombiac posted:

Just get a skateboard

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I haven’t played any of the RPG’s on it except Mario RPG. Wondering if I should play Earthbound, A Link To The Past, or FFVI first.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ChocNitty posted:

I haven’t played any of the RPG’s on it except Mario RPG. Wondering if I should play Earthbound, A Link To The Past, or FFVI first.

Link to the Past.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Zelda is by far the best game there but I don't really see it as an RPG like the other games. It's more action-adventure.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Never not LTTP

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Earthbound is a lot of fun but can be tedious on a console. An unfixed version of the first Mother is almost completely unplayable. Mother 3 is a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
A new Macbook :toot: I've had my current one since 2008 and I'm very excited to be able to do things without my laptop constantly lagging and crashing.

A new storage system to backup 15 years worth of photos, music, etc, and act as a Plex server so I can stream stuff to my TV

And a Google Chromecast Ultra