Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
hypocritical bullet club against guns!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And when they came for my finger guns...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*dudes uses the sharpshooter*

loving LIBERAL HYPOCRITS

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good bye and good night, bang? Wow Kenny you loving hypocrite.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the closest Kenny has ever been to a real gun are the lightguns on Time Crisis.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

I'm willing to bet this person is also perfectly fine with Dustin Rhodes having a MAGA-knockoff shirt despite it also being a form of political statement. :iiam:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hulk Hogan waved an American flag while wearing up a picture of Qaddafi and fought the personifications of Iran, USSR, and Iraq

And this mother fucker says he doesn't like his wrestling being political

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hulk Hogan waved an American flag while wearing up a picture of Qaddafi and fought the personifications of Iran, USSR, and Iraq

Yeah, hasn't the WWE desecrated quite a few flags of other countries at this point? Iraq, Iran, Japan, France, Canada, etc.

But when it came time to burn the American flag, it was actually a Hulkamania shirt.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I take someone saying "I don't like _____ getting political" as conservative shorthand for "I don't like _____ because they expressed a liberal opinion"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

they sent John Cena out to cut a promo on Bin Laden being killed

They had Scott Steiner and Chris Nowinski have a debate on the Iraq war IN THE RING

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They used to hire lookalikes to make it seem as though the President was actually in the crowd at PPVs.

They did SmackDown Your Vote for at least ten years.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They used to hire lookalikes to make it seem as though the President was actually in the crowd at PPVs.

They did SmackDown Your Vote for at least ten years.

Smackdown your vote had one of the greatest moments ever though of letting John Morrison and Miz do events and because they were "heel" they were allowed to be vocally pro-Obama

There was an event where John Morrison is like "Who's voting for Obama!" and the crowd cheers, and then he is like "Who is voting for McCain" and like two dudes cheered and Morrison pointed right at them and went "You suck"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I take someone saying "I don't like _____ getting political" as conservative shorthand for "I don't like _____ because they expressed a liberal opinion"
yeah oddly no conservatives thought Actors Should Just Stick To Acting when clint eastwood talked to the chair (or reagan ran for president)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Reddit is sorry they ganged up on poor Lars Sullivan. The top scoring post of a WOR recap thread:

"...as a black guy and an extremely left leaning liberal..."

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1129060521406287872

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His broad points are right though. Wreddit garbage, they don't actually care they just don't like Lars etc.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if his point is that wreddit is hypocritical he's 100% right. If his point is "so we should defend the Nazi" then he's insane.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

wait why doesn't wreddit like Lars

Lars rules as a character

He is legit the ugliest dude wrestling has seen since Snitsky

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

In case you actually missed it https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/blxwyg/a_comprehensive_list_of_links_and_screenshots/

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wreddit found out he used to post racist poo poo (or Nazi poo poo) on the bodybuilding forums I haven't seen the posts myself so I don't know if it was just lol edgy racism or I beat off to American society X racism.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Well I mean, that post sounded like they were using the racism to cover the fact they just don't like him as a wrestler

Like, I knew about the racism stuff and it is horrible, I didn't get why they wouldn't like him as a wrestler just in a vacuum

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think he was saying they were virtue signaling which is a really bad faith argument. A lot of Reddit is poo poo but I’m willing to bet the people calling Lars out aren’t the ones clamoring to post in a racist Asian jokes thread. No ones using Lars awful opinions as an excuse to go after him because they don’t like him as a wrestler

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think he was saying they were virtue signaling which is a really bad faith argument. A lot of Reddit is poo poo but I’m willing to bet the people calling Lars out aren’t the ones clamoring to post in a racist Asian jokes thread. No ones using Lars awful opinions as an excuse to go after him because they don’t like him as a wrestler

Normal people don't do that. Redditors probably would.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not even sure which one lars is tbh.

But either way, there's tons of jacked large dudes that want to "wrestle" that didn't spend their time demonizing minorities on bodybuilding forums.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

I'm not even sure which one lars is tbh.

But either way, there's tons of jacked large dudes that want to "wrestle" that didn't spend their time demonizing minorities on bodybuilding forums.

yeah but we need more dudes who look like someone shaved a fetal alcohol syndrome caveman

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AkumaHokoru posted:

wreddit found out he used to post racist poo poo (or Nazi poo poo) on the bodybuilding forums I haven't seen the posts myself so I don't know if it was just lol edgy racism or I beat off to American society X racism.

Every time I read “bodybuilding forum” or “bodybuilding website” my brain turns it into “straight bodybuilding forum” because of Nathan for You.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

Every time I read “bodybuilding forum” or “bodybuilding website” my brain turns it into “straight bodybuilding forum” because of Nathan for You.

I think of Jason Genova

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all of the talk about bigotry has me wondering if FAS idiots who are ugly, dumb, and worthless, really deserve how much we hate them. i suppose they do

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah but we need more dudes who look like someone shaved a fetal alcohol syndrome caveman

send Matt Bloom into West Virginia and have him sign autographs at the GNCs.

I'm a problem solver.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think of Jason Genova

I think of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eECjjLNAOd4

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

legend

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

His tweets have been a guilty pleasure of mine since MRT first posting him in this topic. He's a staunch WWE apologist who takes any angle to poo poo on non-WWE wrestling. He went from calling Naito lazy because he wears a T-shirt on ROH to pretending Naito has always been his favourite wrestler so he could join in the second guessing about WK12 to get likes on his anti-NJPW posts.

The absolute greatest thing he did was try to deflect from WWE Saudi Arabia by pointing out that NJPW employed ZSJ who supports Jeremy Corbyn.

Same here. Im fascinated by his terrible tweets. In addition to the ones you mentioned, which are very good, I also like it whenever he tries to gatekeep or when he does that thing where he relates current poo poo in WWE to other wrestling that is considered near universally good. Specifically, he must have at least half a dozen tweets each talking about how Roman Reigns would be an amazing gaijin in 90's All Japan or how Miz vs Bryan was an 80's Memphis match. Like you said, he is one of the most staunch WWE defenders but at the same time almost comes off as insecure about liking it. In the end, he just comes off as having no knowledge of anything.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I don't know if that's insecurity, or if he's just trying to talk about things in the ways that ~The Workers~ talk about stuff. He probably hears these kinds of comparisons made on wrestling podcasts and wants to adapt that language to have an air of authority about it, just based off of vague assumptions of what he thinks those eras were.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sorry, I'm laughing at the idea of Roman Reigns time traveling back to 90s AJPW and expecting Baba to book a guy wearing a baseball catcher's body armor.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I believe you mean D'Lo's chest protector.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm just sayin Roman ain't no Tom Zenk.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
https://twitter.com/sodutw/status/1129108754149117961?s=21

Yowie wowie

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jesus.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress him up, Rovert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Reminder that Ric Flair was incredibly proud of turning previously abstaining John Cena into a heavy drinker.