Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crunchytacosupreme
Mar 26, 2007
IT BURNS
Did an edible and saw a parade and bazaar.
Then watched a movie about a hot lady president and bought a flagpole.
Weed is magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Leaf blower wizard makes a cloud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfx32E_nfGA

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Are all vape pens basically the same? My friend said she got some cartridges and a pen in California, has no idea what anything is named. It just says (E)ternal on the side. It tasted lemon-y and I got pleasantly high, but she got so loving high she thought she was in a movie, and kept yelling CUT and ACTION in between accusing me of stealing her wedding ring (she has never been married).

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
Your friend sounds awesome I wish my highs were that interesting

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

red19fire posted:

Are all vape pens basically the same?

You mean potency or universal cartridge?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

red19fire posted:

Are all vape pens basically the same? My friend said she got some cartridges and a pen in California, has no idea what anything is named. It just says (E)ternal on the side. It tasted lemon-y and I got pleasantly high, but she got so loving high she thought she was in a movie, and kept yelling CUT and ACTION in between accusing me of stealing her wedding ring (she has never been married).

Sounds like it was infused with a little hollywoooo

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some people prefer to act high, more than get high if you know what I mean.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bonzo posted:

You mean potency or universal cartridge?

Like he oil part screws into a base with the heater and battery on it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cartridges vary wildly - everything from the the base distillate and terpenes to the cut / thinner / flavoring (if any), even the type of wicks and heating coils can change from one to another so much that anything you're not getting straight from a dispensary is a dice throw (and even then, get to know your brands)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
also if the battery is freshly charged the first handful of hits can be way hotter than the average one, even on the nicer batteries

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

500 good dogs posted:

also if the battery is freshly charged the first handful of hits can be way hotter than the average one, even on the nicer batteries
If anyone here knows some ecig stuff, are most of these batteries just EGo batteries?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
They're set to lower wattage because the wick/coil whatever has less resistance.

If you put one of these on a battery that's giving it too much juice you'll burn the cotton in the wick and taste it on every hit

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Well it's that time of year, where I smoke like a chimney for about a week before going back to being completely sober all the time. Hopefully getting a dealer this time isn't a huge pain in the rear end. I used to get hookups from wherever I was working but I work in a deli now and everyone's an old lady except me. Cool to work with but not really up on where to find weed lol

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Update: I text my friend's connect and the dude offers me a quad for 5$ off my usual price, and then says he's hopping in his car right now. It's loving midnight and this dude is about to deliver me some weed. I was so sure this'd come tomorrow or the day after but I'm gonna be smoking up TONIGHT

I'm so happy, weed thread

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Why go back to being sober constantly? Seems kinda lame. You can smoke on the weekends or something.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

A medical dispensary nearby just started selling recreationally. Got some cartridges and a pen and the week's been that much more bearable.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Harton posted:

Why go back to being sober constantly? Seems kinda lame. You can smoke on the weekends or something.

I'm normally on a diet and if the corpses of cheesecakes and sticky buns surrounding me right now are any indication, I ate probably 7,000 calories in the 3 hours I was awake and smoking last night lmao

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I feel you on that one, tolerance helps. The key for me is just to not have any of it in the house and I’m good.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

SardonicTyrant posted:

A medical dispensary nearby just started selling recreationally. Got some cartridges and a pen and the week's been that much more bearable.

Your not in Michigan by chance are you?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Harton posted:

recreational stores won’t be open until early 2020, maybe even longer

https://potguide.com/pot-guide-marijuana-news/article/when-will-recreational-cannabis-be-available-to-buy-in-michigan/

I should note that there are various businesses selling t-shirts and socks at very high weed-range prices and “gifting” you free weed as that’s sorta legal now. I have no idea which of those businesses are legit

example: https://onhighroad.com/detroit-tiger-lit/

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 19, 2019

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Harton posted:

Suburban Massachusetts. Pretty much every town has banned the opening of dispensaries, so one opening up within biking distance was a godsend.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

drat, was just hoping. I haven’t been keeping up on it lately. Haven’t had the luxury of being able to go to a dispensary yet. I can wait a little longer I suppose.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

Suburban Massachusetts. Pretty much every town has banned the opening of dispensaries, so one opening up within biking distance was a godsend.

That’s not really true. Some towns have been stupid about it but most haven’t. The terrible rollout was the state’s fault not towns. And still is.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I should note that there are various businesses selling t-shirts and socks at very high weed-range prices and “gifting” you free weed as that’s sorta legal now. I have no idea which of those businesses are legit

What's the legal loophole here? I'm not from the US so this seems odd that they have to sell it this way

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Screama posted:

What's the legal loophole here? I'm not from the US so this seems odd that they have to sell it this way

It's not the distribution of the weed that's illegal in this context, it's the sale

If you sell someone a box of tater tots for sixty dollars that's not illegal, and if it just so happens to come with a quarter ounce of weed as a free gift well that's nobody's business but you's and the lord's

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
poo poo now I want tater tots

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Reminds me of the kfc story where customers ask for “extra biscuits” and find a couple of grams inside their papery grease bag

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

this is how it works in DC also iirc

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I got some weed in CA earlier this year and it's so much stronger than I'm used to that it's almost unpleasant. Makes me unable to really do anything other than take a nap - which is great occasionally but not something I want to do every time I smoke. I got some edibles at the same time though and they are great, I wish it would hurry up and get legalized here in NY so I could just run to the store and buy these things.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

klapman posted:

I work in a deli now and everyone's an old lady except me. Cool to work with but not really up on where to find weed lol

lots of old ladies smoke weed. youd be surprised (apparently)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

I got some weed in CA earlier this year and it's so much stronger than I'm used to that it's almost unpleasant. Makes me unable to really do anything other than take a nap - which is great occasionally but not something I want to do every time I smoke. I got some edibles at the same time though and they are great, I wish it would hurry up and get legalized here in NY so I could just run to the store and buy these things.
This may seem like a strange suggestion but if the weed is too strong, don't smoke so much of it

STrooperTK421
Aug 1, 2010

Earwicker posted:

Yeah, supposedly that's the fastest growing demographic of cannabis users. Leave it to a bunch of goddamn Boomer scumbags to spend their whole life talking poo poo about it, and cheering people's lives being ruined by being thrown in jail over it, only to come full circle and decide they like it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

STrooperTK421 posted:

Yeah, supposedly that's the fastest growing demographic of cannabis users. Leave it to a bunch of goddamn Boomer scumbags to spend their whole life talking poo poo about it, and cheering people's lives being ruined by being thrown in jail over it, only to come full circle and decide they like it.

uh sure but thats not really what i mean, theres also plenty of old ladies who have been smoking weed this entire time and were definitely not "cheering" about anyone being thrown in jail over it. some of them have been in jail over it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

poverty goat posted:

This may seem like a strange suggestion but if the weed is too strong, don't smoke so much of it

sorry not an option, I only smoke comically oversized joints like in that cheech and chong movie

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The kind where it looks like you're playing a smoldering didgeridoo

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Earwicker posted:

The average age of people in line at the dispensary near me has been about 75 every time I’ve been.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

BigFactory posted:

The average age of people in line at the dispensary near me has been about 75 every time I’ve been.

Same with me with who I see at dispensaries these days. Mostly older people.

Related old people story - long story short, my mom broke her leg tripping down some steps. She's fine. It's just that according to her, her prescription opiates aren't helping with the pain as well as it was in the beginning when she was first prescribed it. That's what the game is with opiates, nothing new there. Every time I visit her she complains about it and every time I offer her cannabis to vape to kill the pain. I even offer her just plain CBD because she's afraid to get "high". Nah she won't even try CBD, she's afraid. She's just another Boomer who got permanently brainwashed by Reefer Madness as a teenager. She's finally stopped telling me about her woes because it gets frustrating after a while. If she isn't willing to try something new that will make the pain disappear then things aren't going to change until she eventually heals up.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
It's about 39 hours since I've started being high. I ate an entire blue bunny ice cream last night, peanut butter flavor, and also a pack of chips ahoy cookies. Thankfully I remembered the candle lighter for my candles. Now I'm gonna go to the """Tobacco Store""" and buy some screens and a grinder, because my friend just taught me about kief last night. He also taught me how I'm actually supposed to smoke a bowl, so I got even higher last night.

They had me watching Nathan for You, which was a really funny show for the first couple of episodes but then I just started thinking about how this comedy central guy was just like, loving over these small town business people who seemed to be, on the whole, relatively nice. Like, there was never this point where they point out that the people suck behind the scenes or are bad to their employees or whatever, they just kinda gently caress them all over and go "hahahahahahaha lol".

Some messed up stuff.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nathan doesn't seem like the kind of guy to really gently caress people over in real life. he's too nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm curious what your friend told you about smoking a bowl like maybe I've been doing it wrong this whole time