Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

They are still working on getting GrimHex bartender ready for the 3.0 release. It's getting the Chris Roberts treatment because he mentioned it in the $54m stretch goal, so you know it is a core part of the game's vision. Recreating the star wars cantina scene is one of the criteria that is being used to judge whether the game is a success or failure. I'm not joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

vyst posted:

I watched Captain Richards stream once and i really wanted to kill myself

:same:, only him and everyone involved with Store Citizer

The world is lucky I’m a pacifist!

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/ArieNeoSC/status/1129109143267237890

So that's why Virtual Captain hasn't been seen in this thread, he's too busy being flair for subscribers

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Tokamak posted:

They are still working on getting GrimHex bartender ready for the 3.0 release. It's getting the Chris Roberts treatment because he mentioned it in the $54m stretch goal, so you know it is a core part of the game's vision. Recreating the star wars cantina scene is one of the criteria that is being used to judge whether the game is a success or failure. I'm not joking.

Oh, I thought they were just doing a performance art piece entitled “Development Hell”.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Amazing Zimmo posted:

So that's why Virtual Captain hasn't been seen in this thread, he's too busy being flair for subscribers

Is Death Stranding actually part of Star Citizen?

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

At this point is it even worth it to make jokes about the hat? I mean, at least it doesn't have bunny ears on it.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

The Titanic posted:

Well, at around this time there was a hubbub about some female employee who was having a difficult time because it seemed that Sandi didn't like people who weren't shaven upon their mounds. Rumor had it this employee was not treated very well at all. So, a bit of time passes and soon enough this piece of concept art airs, called a Hairy Roberts. Perhaps another insight into the horrors of CIG?

I'm sorry, what? Are you telling me there was intra-office drama based on whether or not you had your short-and-curlies trimmed?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Geomancing posted:

I'm sorry, what? Are you telling me there was intra-office drama based on whether or not you had your short-and-curlies trimmed?

I find it more unusual that you feel doubt.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I'll admit I'm curious if that's a usual The Titanic's sense of humor post or something real, but I'm not sure there's doubt exactly.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah I'll admit I'm curious if that's a usual The Titanic's sense of humor post or something real, but I'm not sure there's doubt exactly.

No, it happened. The saga of SurfaceDetail :rip: was about a guy in this thread who posted a series of joke posts about being an ex-employee once word of Sandi's pube-examining ways got out. This may have also been reported in the original Escapist piece. He posted a picture of his balls in this thread which was taken down relatively quickly, but not quickly enough to spare myself and others from permanently dedicating a portion of our brains to attempt to permanently delete another portion, but never quite managing it.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
So we need a drink called The Shaven Strangler?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
How exactly would this pube-examination even happen?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sandi's pube adventure has, as is tradition around here, become wildly distorted.

https://archive.fo/28ClT

https://archive.fo/JLByy

The Article posted:

It was also alleged that Roberts' wife and Cloud Imperium Games Vice President of Marketing Sandi Gardiner enforced discriminatory hiring practices. CS1 reported that they were instructed to, first, check the education field on a prospective employee's resume. If too much time had passed, Gardiner reportedly informed people not to hire them, because "they may be over 40, which makes them a protected class and harder to fire." It was also claimed that Gardiner used race as a determining factor in selecting employees, allegedly once saying "We aren't hiring her. We aren't hiring a black girl."

Sources indicate that multiple complaints have been taken to the Human Resource department against Gardiner, with little assistance on the matter - HR, after all, ultimately answers to Roberts and Gardiner.
"She would write emails with so much profanity. She would call people stupid, retard, human being. Accuse men of not having balls. And she was incredibly hostile to other female employees," CS4 stated. "Sandi is very jealous. She has to be the queen bee at the company. Whenever I was around her, I felt like I was in the presence of a cobra who, at that moment, might not have been inclined to strike but was completely willing to. You don't get on her bad side," CS3 added. "There were two things you were told, when you were hired. One, you don't talk about [Roberts and Gardiner] being married, to anyone. Ever. And two, you don't make Sandi mad."

One of the quotes, which I can't find, was Sandi saying they couldn't hire a girl because she looked like the kind of ho who "didn't shave her pussy"

From this sentence a million goon memes were formed.

All of this was from 2015 and luckily, none of it turned out to be true! They have tons of black people and even a few olds on staff now, they definitely don't just hire young white guys straight out of college, and there have definitely been no further stories of Chris's wife being a psychopath. No sir.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 17, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Amazing Zimmo posted:

And that's pretty much all they get for subscribing right? CIG got rid of all the shows like ATV that the subscribers were supposedly paying for.

Why would anyone still be a subscriber?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

And that's pretty much all they get for subscribing right? CIG got rid of all the shows like ATV that the subscribers were supposedly paying for.

Why would anyone still be a subscriber?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Sandi seems like a swell gal.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Makes me think of

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

At this point is it even worth it to make jokes about the hat? I mean, at least it doesn't have bunny ears on it.

It's a US Army tan beret, which is worn by members of the 75th Ranger Regiment (Army Rangers), but the yellow patch is the symbol of the 1st Calvary Division which is a regular Army unit. None of it actually makes sense, and he just looks like an idiot.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nice of cig to finally rip this guy off, people have only been asking them to do it for like four years

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Nice of cig to finally rip this guy off, people have only been asking them to do it for like four years

I was wondering when they were finally going to do that.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Continued gameplay stories without mentioning bugs

What about bears, can you mentioned sexy bears?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

colonelwest posted:

It's a US Army tan beret, which is worn by members of the 75th Ranger Regiment (Army Rangers), but the yellow patch is the symbol of the 1st Calvary Division which is a regular Army unit. None of it actually makes sense, and he just looks like an idiot.

Trivia: Dudley Clarke created the Commandos, Army Rangers and the SAS and was nearly picked up by the Gestapo while dressed as a middle-aged lady.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Scruffpuff posted:

Divide by Tier-0.

:laffo:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

Death of a Spaceman?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scruffpuff posted:

Divide by Tier-0.

And now for a musical interlude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDhGiNKsyM

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
NPC ship AI is in! Also, flight model looks... lighty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZEok06J370&t=319s

319 seconds if link doesn't work.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Even the NPCs have had enough

https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousFilthyCobblerEleGiggle

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Agony Aunt posted:

NPC ship AI is in! Also, flight model looks... lighty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZEok06J370&t=319s

319 seconds if link doesn't work.
:wtc:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sandepande posted:

Emergent something or another.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Bayonnefrog posted:

100%

All of these "SC hardcores" are just flameouts from EVE that got their mining ship ganked a couple times by me and have no more ISK so they went off to find some easier space game. Enter Scam Citizen.

Lol.
I remember many moons ago when a Goon had a shot at the title, attempted suicide ganking me in my Hulk, with his BC.
I was left standing and you could have cued the crickets in local chat after Concord handed him his arse.
So I went around and salvaged his wreck and piped up in local.
"Would you like your stuff back?"

https://zkillboard.com/kill/20624271/

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"Did that NPC just walk to its death?"

Well, no actually. It didn't so much walk, more like it glided without moving its legs, clipped through the wall, and fell.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

rePool posted:

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Truth is, I can't keep up with the level of stupid it takes to converse.

You wait until you've been here for a few more months..........

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

They haven't forgotten about tanks. As soon as they need to raise more cash they will surely consider adding more concept tanks... and planes, and ships, and houses, and whatever.

If they sell those 2 seater swinging garden seats, I'd be all over that like 'Ben Lesnick on 3 kilo's of BBQ'd Baby Octopus'.
I can picture it now, back door of my Freelancer open, overlooking the sunset on one of the many hundred planets, kicking back in my garden chair sipping on a Hairy Roberts.
Make it so, Mr Roberts.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This game will tank before they release a tank.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Gosts posted:

Why doesn't relic apply.

He's over qualified.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

This game will tank before they release a tank.

You really need to be a bit more positive.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Rugganovich posted:

If they sell those 2 seater swinging garden seats, I'd be all over that like 'Ben Lesnick on 3 kilo's of BBQ'd Baby Octopus'.
I can picture it now, back door of my Freelancer open, overlooking the sunset on one of the many hundred planets, kicking back in my garden chair sipping on a Hairy Roberts.
Make it so, Mr Roberts.

Truly living the dream there my friend.

But remind me, when is CIG going to throw the planet generation switch? I'm sure I heard it was any day now, I can't wait for them to release Arrakis Leir III so I can get close up and personal with Chris' enormous worm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sandepande posted:

That was the funny part. The quote (to be fair, unsubstantiated, if not out of character) was along the lines that someone didn't look like they shaved. Ron Jeremy need not apply.