Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Whoops, meant project nimbus. Sorry yall found anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1129180228146778112

You stupid fuckers have no excuse now. Get this wonderful game.

I tried the demo of this and bounced super hard off of it which is weird because pinball is extremely my jam :/

bushisms.txt posted:

Niddhogg 2 is half off as well.

Get the dick!

How is the online play for this? It's either that or single player for me because rooftop parties are scarce in my area.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

If you visit the eshop from the boxboy demo the music keeps playing. It's all choppy for me, but there's eshop music.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Willo567 posted:

So how is the Castlevania Collection on the Switch, emulation wise?

I heard there are some audio glitches, but is it super bad?

There's reports of Castlevania 1 crashing on the final level at a high rate. The only bad thing I've seen so far, but it's pretty bad.

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1129038798195576832?s=19

Also sounds like a second collection is in the works since they called this one "the first".

Edit: wow my spelling is bad.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 17, 2019

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Caught up on the last few pages and holy poo poo, I didn't think I'd be this hype for MM2 but I want it in my hands now. Multiplayer looks like a huge amount of fun, playing courses made by people far more creative than me.

Also, I kinda hope Story Mode encourages you to make a course or two.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

I just pulled my Switch off the dock for the first time in a couple days and i'm getting a constantly repeating Low Battery warning for both JoyCon. Like, it bleeps and pops up over and over again. Left joycon is showing about half charge and right is showing about 25%. How worried should I be? Or is it just kinda a thing that happens that sometimes the joycons don't charge right?

Could you have had a power cut at some point? I had one in the middle of the night once, the next day when I went to use it the joycons were both dead. Charged up fine after that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

OhFunny posted:

There's reports of Castlevania 1 crashing on the final level at a high rate. The only bad thing I've seen so far, but it's pretty bad.

Also sound like a second collection is in the works since they called since one "the first".

:flaccid:

Wake me when the Rondo of Blood/SotN collection arrives.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

good news that came out last year

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mister Facetious posted:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0101-CUSA13434_00-CASTLEVANIA00001

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Arrives on God's proper system :colbert:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Well then you'll be waiting a while.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That isn't The Perfect Console™ now, is it? :colbert:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't care about any castlevania collection unless it has the the GBA/DS castlevanias in it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Andrast posted:

I don't care about any castlevania collection unless it has the the GBA/DS castlevanias in it

it's me; i'm the guy that likes portrait of ruin

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

it's me; i'm the guy that likes portrait of ruin

It's a great game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is there some Sony deal with SOTN? I know you could get it on Xbox arcade for a while so it seems bizarre they didn't port it to switch yet

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

iirc Sony paid for the Requiem collection (Rondo/SOTN). I don't think that means they own the game, but it might mean that Nintendo would have to finance their own port.

Although, if there is a Collection 2 I can't imagine SOTN wouldn't be on there, and that would be on every system.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there some Sony deal with SOTN? I know you could get it on Xbox arcade for a while so it seems bizarre they didn't port it to switch yet

It's just a port of the PSP version of Dracula X Chronicles for PS4 that they made with Konami's consent or some such.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't think it's a straight port, there's minor upgrades like 3D models being rendered at 4K on the Pro (the save rooms are a good example)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Andrast posted:

It's a great game

I can't remember where I heard it, but it was supposedly the least liked of the DS era. Personally, it's my favourite after SotN.

I love it for the sheer number of different character modes; Jonathan/Charlotte ( :rip: post icon), Richter/Maria, and the Twins.
And it was a gently caress of a lot easier than no-damage boss fights in Ecclesia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsZTolLYjbc

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 17, 2019

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've tried to go back and play Ecclesia and bounced off it pretty hard but I'm not sure why. It just doesn't feel right somehow.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't think it's a straight port, there's minor upgrades like 3D models being rendered at 4K on the Pro (the save rooms are a good example)
As far as anyone can tell its just running in an upscaling PSP emulator

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It will user older coins automatically.

Late but thank you.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

It has no customization from what I hear if that makes or breaks it for you.

Everyone, is there any reason I should get the starlink battle for atlas deluxe edition if I just plan to play as star fox the entire time? I'd rather not spend the ten bucks if I don't have to. Digital edition for $30 is tempting me, and I want a casual space game that actually has some kind of story and goal.

I went deluxe, didn't regret it. Though I mainly use Fox, the other pilots have some advancements that increase all aspects of your productivity and idle abilities--if you're willing to level them up. Planets have repetitive tasks, and starting with a new weaker pilot can be a fun way to test your skill, while making progress on abilities that affect all your ships, including Starfox

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I didn't remember Ecclesia being too hard and I'm not a big fan of difficult games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ecclesia has a rigid wall difficulty. there's a section in the beginning of the game that can be really hard that loving crab, but once you get past it you can start gaining levels and spirits properly and the difficulty drops like a rock.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

I can't remember where I heard it, but it was supposedly the least liked of the DS era. Personally, it's my favourite after SotN.

it's probably my least liked but that's mostly because of the aesthetic and Jonathan! constant Charlotte! voice Jonathan! clip Charlotte! spam

I just feel like it lacked the atmosphere of the other games, and it went back to using sub weapons or something right? I love the soul system so that was a bummer too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

ecclesia has a rigid wall difficulty. there's a section in the beginning of the game that can be really hard that loving crab, but once you get past it you can start gaining levels and spirits properly and the difficulty drops like a rock.

Well I never bothered to get the medals so I didn't really engage with the biggest sources of frustration in the game but yeah, I guess that crab was kind of a pain come to think of it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is the Darkwood port any good?

Also as someone who liked the Grimrock games is Vaporum worth grabbing on Switch?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Intoluene posted:

:chloe:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

the crab guy ain't nothing, the real hardest part of the game is getting that one glyph on the windy platform

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

For the like 4 people on this forum that care about BASIC programming on their Switch, I think they just announced the release date for Smilebasic 4, May 23rd

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

homeless snail posted:

For the like 4 people on this forum that care about BASIC programming on their Switch, I think they just announced the release date for Smilebasic 4, May 23rd
Got a source? Can't seem to find anything.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Kins posted:

Got a source? Can't seem to find anything.
https://twitter.com/PetitComputer/status/1129310381292179457

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Cheers. Hopefully an international release follows quickly so I can spend an afternoon playing weird Japanese microgames then never touch it again.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I just want some level of constraint or requirement as a guide to making something. Giving me absolute power means I will do nothing.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

OhFunny posted:

Also sounds like a second collection is in the works since they called this one "the first".

Edit: wow my spelling is bad.

Is there a way to avoid this, like save stating before the last stage, or is it pretty much impossible to complete the first game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So the Tetris 99 event is on-going through Monday. I'm already half-way (thanks to landing 8th once and under 20 another time) to unlocking the GB skin, and it's a really nice skin. I thought it was going to just change the images, but it even gets you the Tetris A GB music. It's super cool. Hopefully one day they'll give us Type B and Type C.

I think I'm decent at playing tetris, but I don't really understand the competitive side of it. I just enjoy making lines. So far, I've managed to survive on average around to 50 if not a bit below by just making lines as fast as I can. Getting to 50 nets you at least 7 points so really the whole thing doesn't take long and is really enjoyable. Not surprisingly my KO count is super low probably making the end-game very hard for me. So really, anyone can get this even if you're not terrific at tetris. I wouldn't be surprised if the event is also attracting a lot of novices which probably makes the overall pool of players a bit easier to beat.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Chucktesla posted:

Whoops, meant project nimbus. Sorry yall found anime
I am also curious about this non anime* mech game. And another one that came out a few weeks back, Strike Suit Zero.

*Although the mechs look like the anime type of mechs.

Wamdoodle posted:

How is the online play for this? It's either that or single player for me because rooftop parties are scarce in my area.
I didn’t realize it even had online cause I didn’t have the service back when I got Nidhogg 2. Now I can try to play it more than once in a while! If there’s people playing. I’m finding no one right now but it’s also super late in the middle of the night.

Intoluene posted:

Caught up on the last few pages and holy poo poo, I didn't think I'd be this hype for MM2 but I want it in my hands now. Multiplayer looks like a huge amount of fun, playing courses made by people far more creative than me.

I might have to pull out my Wii U just to copy a fancy big rear end level I made :cry:. I had to do some ghetto workarounds for things that I’m pretty sure latter updates to MM1 and new stuff in MM2 address. If they reveal a way to connect to MM1 online somehow I’d be ecstatic.

Also the 3D World love gives me more hope for a port sometime. And throw in all the 3D Land levels to make it “Deluxe” or whatever full price subtitle they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Portrait of Ruin is awesome