Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I just realized it's been over a decade since David Pro's first show (Ristorante Paradiso, which started in early April '09) and nearly a decade since their first OVA (Dogs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

suicide4sexbots posted:

saw ep... that guy is dookie

Also people being born with stands is still a thing. Who said there was never another meteorite we don't know about?

also my friend got me this shirt for my bday

I'd wear that

Wrong thread though pal.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
haha, uhhh, yikes cioccolata

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/entrance00exit/status/1129395193881325568

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Today's episode is

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I like when it was confirmed Secco could talk and was at least somewhat observant and coherent, because it made it clear he's actually just really kinky and into subbing

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

You know, strange as it sounds, Wallace seems like he'd make a better Jojo villain than protagonist.

GOUDA GOUDA GOUDA GOUDA GOUDA GOUDA

BRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

VA killed it this episode, Secco especially.

Still one of my favorite parts in this fight.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/777608696838971393

Spoilers on that twitter obviously

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Haven't seen the episode yet since I have to work Friday morning for the next few weeks.

I hear Crunchyroll mixed up JoJo subs with Fruit Basket subs?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Haven't seen the episode yet since I have to work Friday morning for the next few weeks.

I hear Crunchyroll mixed up JoJo subs with Fruit Basket subs?

They did, yes.

It's hilarious.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Why does it fit as well as it does?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
man even as a manga reader, I got kinda confused when that forty-five minute trip to Rome was done instantly. I didn't understand why Bruno was talking about it so much until they showed the Colosseum behind them

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cioccolata is That Dude in the series where if someone obsesses about him then you should probably avoid that person, for the record. there's always one in a series.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

cioccolata is That Dude in the series where if someone obsesses about him then you should probably avoid that person, for the record. there's always one in a series.
Plus he's got his own murderous gimp boyfriend and unhealthy unhinged villain relationships attract those kinds of fans even harder.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they're into pet play, let them live

e: Secco's weird suit is also his Stand btw, which is why he can punch mista's bullets away i guess. if it's not his Stand, then we never see what it is

this is also the first time that Green Day has ever been seen from the waist down. the PS2 game just gave him a weird goo body

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 17, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oasis is basically White Album, but a Ground-type.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBhhT1Woa9c

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they really dipped into the budget for this episode. one of the most visually striking of the whole series i feel.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Expect My Mom posted:

e: Secco's weird suit is also his Stand btw, which is why he can punch mista's bullets away i guess. if it's not his Stand, then we never see what it is

It is. The ending is the absolute proof of it, Oasis appears as Secco's suit in the pillar with all the Stands.

Also Secco is most likely naked for any non-Stand-user who sees him, which is...something. Probably not as something as everything else about him though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

It is. The ending is the absolute proof of it, Oasis appears as Secco's suit in the pillar with all the Stands.

Also Secco is most likely naked for any non-Stand-user who sees him, which is...something. Probably not as something as everything else about him though.

Some Stands attached to objects are physically visible, like Strength and Wheel of Fortune. Oasis is probably bound into Secco's clothes, so normies get to see his fancy alien gimp-suit as well.

Speaking of weird poo poo, though, I don't think I'm entirely comfortable with how handsy King Crimson is getting with Spice Girl in the ED.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 18, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i like how it looks like sticky fingers is about to suck king crimsons dick

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

That's not what it's trying to do.

Somebody compared Cioccolata to the Joker earlier, but I think even the people of Gotham would rather take laughing to death on Joker Venom than being consumed by flesh-eating mold. Of course, the latter sounds like something Poison Ivy would come up with on a really bad day.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Oh boy, I can't get enough of the track that plays at the end of this episode (the same one that plays at the end of the Clash/Talking Heads fight). The OST for this series is amazing.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Cioccolata and Secco simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gVf8WhlZM

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yoshyoshyoshyoshyoshyoshyoshyoshyosh :stonk:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Expect My Mom posted:

Purple Haze is fisting Oasis.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mista has injured himself with his bullets practically every time he's fired his gun. Then again, the same was true for Hol Horse.

I also forgot Zombucciarati was explained here.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
So this is it. The one snippet of part 5 I had any recollection of from when I read it before. Just bizarre enough that it managed to stick in my memory.

The only other mental image I had of part 5 before the anime started was that narancia had a little plane flying around. Not sure how these two things are related.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So why did Secco need Mista to shoot him before jumping out of the helicopter

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tetracube posted:

Because he could catch the bullets, the helicopter could not. Had Secco not been there to stop the bullets, Gold Experience's roots wouldn't have been needed, Mista would've just shot Ciocolatta down.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Tetracube posted:

Secco needs to know where they are before diving underground.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tetracube posted:

He's protecting his master. Mista does have to reload, at which time the ciocco can get out of range.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

And this is why Bruno is the protagonist of part 5. Even in death he has to keep moving forward.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can see why the boss doesn't like the call on these guys because they're insane and also very incompetent. Maybe you should have just done this yourself bro, multiple towns dying overnight isn't a great way to hide yourself!

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/770454406211002368?s=19

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean, don't think a lot of this is traceable back to the mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bruno tried to pull an Okuyasu and come back to life, but Giorno just isn't as good at healing as Crazy Diamond.

Not that it stopped Bruno from coming back anyway.