Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/BushiroadGlobal/status/1129152573372375042

Okay gonna make plans for Chara Expo now I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Got a nice pair from the 3+1 roll.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress I HATE YOU SO MUCH.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh, and another point I'd like to talk about that I forgot.

The topic of playing a character also reminded me of the Love Live Final Live in some ways, not because of the theme or anything but because my experiences there changed the way I looked at people playing the role of 2D idols. I remember some people - I think it was panda and Polsy - talking about how they weren't really fans of lives because the singers weren't the characters themselves but something more akin to real life idols cosplaying anime idols. And it made sense when watching the Final Live cause I realized that a lot of the audience members were there more for the VAs than for the characters. Which isn't to say they weren't fans of Love Live - they obviously were and some people even cried when it ended - bu I got the feeling that they were more about the singers and their relation to the LL series than the characters and their relation to the LL series. The VAs themselves didn't really talk like their characters either. I kept expecting Touki Sora to say Nico Nico Ni or Iida Riho to use Rin's characteristic nyas during the talking segments but that wasn't the case.

Which makes sense, in a way. I went to the Final Live twice because it was the end of Love Live, but would I have gone to see any of the other lives if possible? I'm not too sure about that.

I feel like there may be 4 types of fans.

There's the casual, who just watches the anime or plays the game and maybe buys BRs and a few pieces of merchandise but no more than that.
There's the medium fan, who listens to the drama CDs, reads the manga and light novels, and buys figurines in addition to what the casual fan does. In other words, they're fond of Love Live the series and every medium it's available in.
There's the idol fan, who likes LL and follows the VAs, including their solo careers.
And then there's the ultimate fan who likes everything.

I feel like the last two types are the ones going to lives, the ones who order like 100 copies of the BRs for a chance to get seats to the lives. The first two might go, if they happen on the opportunity, but it's not like LL is about the VAs for them.

I guess I'm probably somewhere in between the casual and medium fan.

I said this like 4 years ago.

Since then, I've gone to a live viewing for virtually every Aqours live + a bunch for CG, Walkure, and Bandori, and I'm travelling overseas to see lives in person 4 times this year.

The game has changed.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Idol lives are good, and seeing a live (kr fanmeeting) in person on a whim with no expectations, made me go from 0 to 60 in the span of a few hours, in terms of how invested I was in LL/Aqours fandom.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I remember some people - I think it was panda and Polsy - talking about how they weren't really fans of lives because the singers weren't the characters themselves but something more akin to real life idols cosplaying anime idols. And it made sense when watching the Final Live cause I realized that a lot of the audience members were there more for the VAs than for the characters.

I stand by this but there's never going to be any lives/viewings in the UK so it's easy for me to do so.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

astr0man posted:

Idol lives are good, and seeing a live (kr fanmeeting) in person on a whim with no expectations, made me go from 0 to 60 in the span of a few hours, in terms of how invested I was in LL/Aqours fandom.

The delayed viewing for the Aqours First Live did that for me, too. I mean, I was already way into LL, but after that, I was way into it, including the 3D side.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'd go see Aqours theoretically but I'm too scared to get on a plane to make that happen :smith: (Great Lakes Area)

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Everyone's favorite idol Honda Mio won the latest Cinderella Girls election.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I just got into Bang Dream, is there a Goon discord?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I don't think there's a dedicated bandori discord but the idol channel in the chat thread discord has people that play it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there is a banger role yes

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Schneider Heim posted:

I just got into Bang Dream, is there a Goon discord?

the above-mentioned unofficial adtrw discord https://discord.gg/MbtySE

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FINISHING OFF THIS EPISODE FOR REALS THIS TIME.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pipping...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
pip5
/pip/
verb
gerund or present participle: pipping
(of a young bird) crack (the shell of the egg) when hatching.
"as the eggs are being pipped the female clucks"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do they mean piping hot because I think Yayoi said moya moya which is like, what, steam noises?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Takatsuchi...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watching Yayoi make those hand movements reminds me of that time I watched the one TV program I watch, where the cast were talking about how camera directors communicate nonverbally with the people being filmed, like gesturing to a direction or doing short bursts of quiet whistles or whatnot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I quit.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Do they mean piping hot because I think Yayoi said moya moya which is like, what, steam noises?

moya moya is when you feel bad, she's saying hoya hoya, which is like new and metaphorically hot

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow this radio show is a disaster. I feel compelled to go back to iM@S again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WHY DID YOU AGREE TO GO ON THE SHOW.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Wow this radio show is a disaster. I feel compelled to go back to iM@S again.

Please, let's try to get through 5 minutes at least

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That didn't stop the you in the other timeline, Haruka.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Schools get closed down, Yayoi.

They get closed down...

Love Live Sunshine Season 2 PTSD....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why are people just suddenly barging into Haruka's talk with her stalkerish boyfriend.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In other words, Imber has a cosplay fetish.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if the VAs are doing the singing.

In which case it'd sorta loving weird cause it's an anime based off a series where VAs act and sing as the characters but then they use completely different VAs and then have them sing too?

I wonder how many instances there are of characters having separate VAs and singers.

I know Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier had a VA for dialogue and then May'n did the singing? I think Mikumo is the same, with VA being the one who sings?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who's the one singing in here anyways cause it sure as hell doesn't sound like Haruka.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is really cute, and I didn't even notice she had a mic in the other hand at first until she started speaking into the ice cream.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
OH NO THEY'VE MULTIPLIED.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Who's the one singing in here anyways cause it sure as hell doesn't sound like Haruka.

Yeah, it's some singer who does a lot of anime insert songs apparently https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rino

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The reasoning sounds really weird.

Drops are increasing.
Japan's only measure against Drops (because Japan can't have weapons) are the iDOLs.
Mondenkind is not calling on the iDOLs because they have doubts about their capabilities.

And then what about the increasing number of Drops? How is Japan dealing with them?????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Yeah, it's some singer who does a lot of anime insert songs apparently https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rino

2015年5月13日

Did she just drop off the radar after 2015.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lost Artemis was when all the cores fell to earth, right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo cup udon in a vending machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those aren't the words of a leader they're the threats of an organ seller.