Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

kiimo posted:

You forgot to mention that hitchbot went to Philadelphia and that's what happened.

It should have been expected.

we really oughta rename that city, its false advertising. it would be called like rapetown or crimeville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

McDonald's was heating their coffee to insane levels to save a tiny amount money. The hot coffee lawsuit lady got a bunch of third degree burns and her pants melted into her flesh. The lawsuit was just to pay for her staggering medical bills from all the skin grafts.

Gripweed posted:

Oh hey, it's a joke about that silly hot coffee lawsuit. Y'know, the one where a McDonalds was serving coffee a couple degrees below boiling and had been warned multiple times that it was dangerously hot, and also wasn't putting the lids on the cups right, and the woman who spilled it on her lap needed multiple reconstructive surgeries to rebuild her vagina because the coffee literally melted her labia to her thigh. She sued McDonalds just to get the cost of her medical bills back, but the jury decided McDonalds had acted sohorrifically negligently that they raised the damages to millions of dollars. Good joke.

Go gently caress yourself Canada.

Actually, that part of the story was whole cloth invented and spread by Burger King to score some points against MacDonald's.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1129510738089922560

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

freeedr posted:

I don’t like when Canadians paint their entire national identity as “We are NOT the USA! Plus we are superior!!”. You’re a sovereign nation; stop with the insecurity and nationalism. It’s like the people from Texas that won’t shut up about Texas being the greatest lump of dirt ever personally blessed by God’s swinging dick, even if they are from a shithole part of the state and have never left their hometown

still got someone else's queen on your money

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I'm confused by the abbreviations after the names. Jr = Junior ? Sr = Senior (Are there really that many men at university with children ?) ? Fr = Father (Are those seminary schools ?) ?

e: Wait, I'm an idiot who forgot that Americans apparently don't like using numbers.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 01:34 on May 18, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tag yourself. I'm Scott Dourque

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lady Disdain posted:

I'm confused by the abbreviations after the names. Jr = Junior ? Sr = Senior (Are there really that many men at university with children ?) ? Fr = Father (Are those seminary schools ?) ?

e: What, I'm an idiot who forgot that Americans apparently don't like using numbers.

Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior. We use numbers through high school, but the four years of high school also use those designations, and we don't use numbers for college.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Leperflesh posted:

Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior. We use numbers through high school, but the four years of high school also use those designations, and we don't use numbers for college.

Yeah, I figured it out. Thanks.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Tag yourself. I'm Scott Dourque

I'm Dallas Creamer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Goddamn you had one job.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lady Disdain posted:

Yeah, I figured it out. Thanks.

I had not, so my thanks as well for explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

By popular demand posted:

Goddamn you had one job.

minimum effort for minimum wage

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I don't know if it's because I'm on a tablet but, I never get sound with those gif-videos (whereas I do with normal videos). I've never been able to track down the correct setting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shaddak posted:

I don't know if it's because I'm on a tablet but, I never get sound with those gif-videos (whereas I do with normal videos). I've never been able to track down the correct setting.

Tap on it, and look for a speaker icon in the bottom right corner. It's probably muted by default, so tapping the icon will unmute it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Tap on it, and look for a speaker icon in the bottom right corner. It's probably muted by default, so tapping the icon will unmute it.

No speaker icon for me.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I got the Imgur app for iOS & the speaker icon is in the upper right for me.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Most gifv don't have audio hth

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

minimum effort for minimum wage

The more I see things like this the more I'm convinced it's a lovely boss who won't listen.

Hey the plans don't match reality what should we do?

gently caress you wage cuck I'm an engineer the plans are perfect. Make it to spec or you're fired.

Sure thing boss, I'll do exactly what the plans say!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Alaois posted:

Canadian money only has Canada's queen on it. We never rebelled against the monarchy, she's still our queen.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

Actually, that part of the story was whole cloth invented and spread by Burger King to score some points against MacDonald's.

Th ir w that Burger King made it up is slander disseminated by Wendy's

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Laterite posted:

I'm Dallas Creamer

I’m Cramy Harb

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/it_meirl_bot/status/1129221584302903296

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alaois posted:

Canadians? No they literally don't.

E: The queen of Canada happens to be a queen of lots of other places too but that's just a coincidence.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alaois posted:

Never been annexed twice as a failed nation. :v:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If only we had more slave owners on our money then we'd be cool.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Alaois posted:

How does someone gently caress up this hard :v:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
let's all stop arguing about the genocidal settler nation of Canada. It's a horrible country with an appalling history, and "We're better than America" is the only defense it's people can muster for it's many crimes. We all agree on that, quibbling over the small stuff is just gonna end with hurt feelings.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gripweed posted:

let's all stop arguing about the genocidal settler nation of Canada. It's a horrible country with an appalling history, and "We're better than America" is the only defense it's people can muster for it's many crimes. We all agree on that, quibbling over the small stuff is just gonna end with hurt feelings.

Shawsnake Redemption?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Lobok posted:

Shawsnake Redemption?

Anaconda Dufresne.

e: escaped from a hole he hid behind a poster of Raquelsnake Welch.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 05:05 on May 18, 2019

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I wanna hear Bizzy Blanding's story.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

kiimo posted:

You forgot to mention that hitchbot went to Philadelphia and that's what happened.

It should have been expected.

Philadelphia has room for only robot :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku6oPGWW7Q

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Jerry Cotton posted:

Canadians? No they literally don't.

E: The queen of Canada happens to be a queen of lots of other places too but that's just a coincidence.

I always thought Rush was the Queen of Canada

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm sorry we've let you down.

Wham! drat auntie that's brutal

:master:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Paladinus posted:

actually this person is a burger king shill and is introducing disinformation to this forum to protect his paid position

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

We should probably just be glad that this guy didn't get to it first.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Th ir w that Burger King made it up is slander disseminated by Wendy's

You were paid by KFC to say that

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

You were paid by KFC to say that

this lie is brought to you by Carl's Jr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FreudianSlippers posted:

McDonald's was heating their coffee to insane levels to save a tiny amount money. The hot coffee lawsuit lady got a bunch of third degree burns and her pants melted into her flesh. The lawsuit was just to pay for her staggering medical bills from all the skin grafts.

how does boiling coffee melt clothes?