Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And also he gets INSANELY hype, in the genuine way rather than the over exaggerated youtuber way, when appropriate

Him absolutely popping off when rune factory five was announced was adorable, I was not really expecting that but he just lost his drat mind because apparently the company blew up and 5 was never going to happen except it is because nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i always waych e3 with my own group of hopeless nerd froends

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

scary ghost dog posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

And also he gets INSANELY hype, in the genuine way rather than the over exaggerated youtuber way, when appropriate

Him absolutely popping off when rune factory five was announced was adorable, I was not really expecting that but he just lost his drat mind because apparently the company blew up and 5 was never going to happen except it is because nintendo

I don't think I've seen his stream of that Direct yet, so that's gonna be a treat.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wish I cared more aboutthe games Liam chooses to play on stream, because I really like watching his archives when I do. He's chill and he's actually a Streamer That Interacts With Chat, which was a lot of the charm of Pat/Paige streams before they started only doing that on breaks. It's very cozy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

scary ghost dog posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't think I've seen his stream of that Direct yet, so that's gonna be a treat.

lol I went to get the link to that direct for you and it timestamped me to that exact moment in the direct, so here you go, enjoy his pop off :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDJR54jSnQI&hd=1&t=955s

he literally goes :allears: it's great, he can't contain himself

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Speaking of Liam is he okay? I feel like after he finished TWEWY he just kinda vanished. He started Sekiro then petered off into the ether, not really that active on twitter or on twitch. I think I saw him playing Sekiro the other day but didn't get a chance to poke my head in so I wonder if he just fell out of the hobby or if he had to get a job to support himself or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 18, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
He's just been playing metal gear acid again

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Doesn't Liam have a real person job now

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And he's starting college again in Fall

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As someone that went back to college because I realized I really wanted to do other poo poo with my life and therefore someone living the whole work/study life, that's pretty cool to know, and hopefully he has enough time to stream every now and then, because it can be kind of a bitch.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah was just curious is all. Good for him even if I'll miss his sometimes sharp humor.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
We finally got him and Matt playing Life is Strange 2 again, so that's good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wow, Minh opens this 20XX video in full Minh form, drat.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

Dias posted:

Wow, Minh opens this 20XX video in full Minh form, drat.

SBFP was better than this even at its lowest points, I couldn't finish the episode and I don't think I'll be clicking anymore Woolie Versus. Woolie poking fun at how awkward and unfunny the conversations are doesn't change the fact that, yeah, the conversations are awkward and unfunny. Hopefully the Rooster Teeth connection can somehow breath new life into his channel, he deserves better.

Does anyone know yet what exactly they'll be doing with Rooster Teeth? What will this change?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They've been invited to RTX and I imagine at most they will occasionally be asked if they want to do anything with some of the RT guys, but I doubt it will go higher than that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like the other stuff in his channel, it's just that Minh isn't...very good with comedy. His fighting game stuff is cool, his Katamari LP was pretty strong too, and I liked whatever I saw of W101 , I just kinda got way behind on it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah that was my biggest issue with Woolie's channel whenever I'd give it a shot - he had the right idea by immediately finding new people to team up with instead of trying to do the solo thing but goddamn did he pick some duds.

The fighting game show kinda works due to the rotating guests, I guess.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Even though woolie is snailing, the re2 playthrough with pat is still entertaining

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the wonderful 101 run, while woolie isn't the best at the game, is loving awesome

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I love Woolie's videos but good lord Minh just isn't entertaining.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I will never understand the mindset of people who tweet criticisms at people

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i don't understand people who tweet

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't understand people who post on dying internet comedy forums

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't understand

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I don't

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hosed up that Steve Jobs died of Ligma

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat just helped destroy Epic Games Store and Randy's career.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Pat just helped destroy Epic Games Store and Randy's career.

One can only hope.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Epic
Randy
Cliff

Pat has a body count

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's really funny to hear pat and woolie gripe about creators shooting down fan theories when pat was talking about how literary analysis is worthless bc of twitter a few weeks ago

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

A finger on the monkey's paw curls for Virtua Fighter

https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1130741142083973120

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That makes me wish the group was still together. All 4 of them having to talk about that pachinko machine would be excellent. Matt and Liam would bring so much pain to Pat.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watched the Mario Maker video and man, Matt was kinda pissy in it but it was still a great 4man video. Shame it won't be around for MM2.

It still strikes me as odd that Pat and Liam have such great comedic chemistry together but it turns out they disliked each other the most. The Barkley run will forever live on in my heart.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd like to assume that Pat and Liam's relationship deteriorated over time and it wasn't until the last year Liam was in that they wound up to just being co-workers. Big part of the SBFP was always honesty, so Liam not considering Pat a friend, and hiding it to us viewers, probably wasn't something that lasted too long in the channel's run.

Like, I always remember that time Liam spent a whole drat day at an airport with Pat to keep him company after some airline screwed Pat over, and that poo poo's kindness and friendship for sure.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
liam is a kindhearted angel and pat is a ruinous goblin

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Honestly I hope pat and liam make up at some point, pat's at the very least willing to.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Considering Pat's latest George RR Martin rant on the podcast, I think Liam has heard enough poo poo from him to never trust Pat again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I admire Liam's optimism but I endorse Pat's cynicism