Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Cramped quarters in a place with a lot of rusty pointy bits around is like A++ get wrecked by May turf, as the Evil Sliders found out this week.

Fitz storyline is also good! I hope they only pull the ships in the night play once, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Really simple and fantastic use of portals during that fight. I’m hoping that this show continues its grand tradition of not drawing out drama for an entire season and Fitzsimmons are reunited soon.

I’m also really glad Fitz was not addicted to space drugs, as the last bit of from the previous episode had me worried.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. After Fitz leaving right as Simmons shows up, I don't expect them to reunite until the first 1/3 of the season is over. I don't expect them to draw it out past that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Codependent Poster posted:

Fitz and Simmons just want to live a happy life where no one is trying to end the world. Anyone who gets between them living happily together is toast

Fastest way to prevent that is to end the world together!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also I love that Fitz is using the Doctor for powers of good. Like he gave the captain a billion chances not to fall into his trap and welp.

I imagine the Doctor screaming about how they’re all weak and he’d throw the entire crew out of the airlock. Fitz goes “:hmmyes: thanks check this out” and saves the crew while the Doctor silently goes :mad: in the background.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. After Fitz leaving right as Simmons shows up, I don't expect them to reunite until the first 1/3 of the season is over. I don't expect them to draw it out past that.

remarried by episode 12, apart again by episode 18

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So Sarge told Mini Mountain to keep an eye out for potential new recruits. I now expect a Dark Beast situation, where Sarge finds an alternate version of Fitz that let The Doctor take over, and recruits him…

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kheldarn posted:

So Sarge told Mini Mountain to keep an eye out for potential new recruits. I now expect a Dark Beast situation, where Sarge finds an alternate version of Fitz that let The Doctor take over, and recruits him…

I think it's more likely Sarge tries to recruit May.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Sarge, with the sunglasses, looks a LOT like Heatwave.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

howe_sam posted:

That's my thought also. She nearly took down his whole team single-handed, plus she knows about his past life, which he seems completely in the dark about.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

PunkBoy posted:

I cannot unsee super bulked up Tomasso Ciampa when Jaco appears.

Oh man I knew his look was similar to someone but drat that's spot on and I won't unsee it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Gemma is going to die and Fitz is going to uh, maybe clone a new one?

Because they're clearly not allowed to be happy.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 6, Episode 2: Window of Opportunity

https://i.imgur.com/OPXFmGW.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/OIzRyJa.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/pwXtyai.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/jfT457G.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/msd8uVc.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/d41J4ZW.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/F10qvse.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/4PhJSH5.gifv

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Maelstache posted:

That's my thought also. She nearly took down his whole team single-handed, plus she knows about his past life, which he seems completely in the dark about.

? Unless I’m mistaken it’s not his past. It’s an alternate reality, her Coulsons life has no meaning for him beside being an interesting note. He’s probably killed himself somewhere along the line.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Well, he was phased by it, but waved it off to the mountain dude. This after establishing a couple times in the episode that he doesn't talk about his past to any of the people on the team. (Aka, either her or the namedrop made him pause.)
So it's not impossible that he actually is named Coulson, and did have a relationship with an alternate May, before she likely died.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's the bridge to getting original flavor Phil back.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

howe_sam posted:

He gets May AND The Doctor.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Something that occurred to me is how hard these guys are going to get dunked on when Team Space Quake gets back. Dimension-hopping baddies with vibration-based technology vs Daisy and FitzSimmons.

Here's hoping they have something approaching a good reason for what they're doing.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

SubNat posted:

Well, he was phased by it, but waved it off to the mountain dude. This after establishing a couple times in the episode that he doesn't talk about his past to any of the people on the team. (Aka, either her or the namedrop made him pause.)
So it's not impossible that he actually is named Coulson, and did have a relationship with an alternate May, before she likely died.

I may've misread those scenes, but the impression I got was he was evasive about his past because he doesn't remember it? They've established via the DNA trace that Sarge is definitely a Phil Coulson from somewhere, so I'm guessing at some point we'll get an explanation as to how his path ended up diverging from "our" Coulson and what led him to becoming leader of the Planet-Murdering Jerks Gang.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Yeah, we don't have a lot of info to go on yet, but due to the whole 'painful memory' theme brought up with the new science guy,(The husband he celebrates/remembers by drinking at the bar in ep1) as well as May, my reading of it was that it'll be mirrored with negaCoulson.
Parallel universe, or alternate timeline where Shield never was a thing, but he still had a relationship with May that's left a painful memory, which he refuses to divulge to the rest of his team.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
poo poo can't believe I missed saying this.

*ahem*

now you're robbing with portals :buddy:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Goddamn, Joel Stoffer is such a loving trooper. I don't know if they had to do something or if he can just push all those veins in his head out naturally or not but gently caress, I don't think I've seen anyone look like they're working harder in a scene than him so far.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ming-Na is 55. What the gently caress.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I giggled when the space pirate told Fitz, "she'll have to find a replacement for you."

He is the replacement. :3:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked the snails were from Xandar.

Space Fitz is certainly the most interesting part of the show, but the Not Coulson stuff was way more interesting now. Was the birbs flying around in the memory the same ones that came through in the first episode?

Doctor Scotch is my favorite character on the show.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Ming-Na is 55. What the gently caress.

You think that's nuts? Check out Paul Rudd or George Chakriss sometimes.

1999 vs 2019

I used to make jokes about Keanu Reeves never aging but apparently I was vastly ill informed beforehand.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Those space birds are some straight up Langoliers poo poo and you cannot convince me otherwise.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Didn't Kasius serve Xandarian Snail at his dinner/auction of Quake.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Really feeling the season is going full Convergence especially considering the show runners have been adopting some of Hickman’s stories since the beginning.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

swickles posted:

He did

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Really feeling the season is going full Convergence especially considering the show runners have been adopting some of Hickman’s stories since the beginning.

Kinda feels like there are two plots this season. There's the Convergence plot, which I figure will be resolved by the end of these 13 episodes, and there's the Confederacy plot with Kasius Sr., which I figured they'd just straight drop, but apparently not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So much for the Controller being a thing.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
They're Heralds for Galactus, aren't they?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Nobody has interfered with Fitz's timeline, right? So we can assume that until Jemma and Quake interfere, this is the path that somehow leads him back to Kasius in the future, right? So the Fitz we saw last season is this Fitz in the future.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CornHolio posted:

Nobody has interfered with Fitz's timeline, right? So we can assume that until Jemma and Quake interfere, this is the path that somehow leads him back to Kasius in the future, right? So the Fitz we saw last season is this Fitz in the future.

We dont know but Fitz woke up in the same coffin and cargo hold that we saw destroyed. So the timeline has indeed changed.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Polaron posted:

They're Heralds for Galactus, aren't they?

That’s a guess I have but that seems like a Phase 4/5 kinda thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ultimate Galactus was a swarm, so maybe that is what they're going for?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CornHolio posted:

Not unless he gets refrozen, it's a lifetime in the future. Even then, that timeline is gone, the world didn't crack. This would be a new version of that future

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CornHolio posted:

Nope, the ship getting destroyed didn't happen in the original timeline. I think we can assume that somehow stopping Earth from getting destroyed by Graviton caused a ripple effect that has changed what happened to Fitz as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

twistedmentat posted:

Ultimate Galactus was a swarm, so maybe that is what they're going for?

That's honestly the only way to do Galactus in a live-action movie and not look ridiculous. Giant purple fork helmet guy just doesn't work.