Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So what's everyone going to spend thier 1,000,000 skill points on? I got Capital Ship Construction :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Rutibex posted:

So what's everyone going to spend thier 1,000,000 skill points on? I got Capital Ship Construction :D

Shame you didn't spend it on goodposting :cripes:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Someone with a spacejob said train faxes so Triage II

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

NavyBlue posted:

after the first time i ran logi i decided to keep doing only that. my kb is empty because i dont fit whore drones and never fly an f1 ship unless we are taking a logi-less comp like corms. logi is way more fun than f1. tackle is super fun but harder so i do that quite a bit less. i also dont have warp disrupt 5 yet so i havnt trained dictors.

maybe ill use the free SP to bring logi 4 up to 5 so that i can be a space bishop instead of a space priest. if only capital training wasnt like a year away to get into a fax i could be a spacepope.

damage drones are cool and good to put in your logi for a couple of reasons:

-in big fights, the travel time of logi drones matters a lot (I'm talking about fights where to save anyone at all you have to have them prelocked)
-If you're paying attention you can haze interceptors that are trying to get warpins on you for booshers
-killboard green

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

One character I took 15 days off light fighters V. When thats done (14 more days) I just have to train support fighters V and I will have perfect super skills for the Nyx and Hel.

The second character I finished marauders V, because... I have no idea.

The third character I used to almost finish junp freighter V.

The fourth character took 15 days of capital ship construction V.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

NavyBlue posted:

maybe ill use the free SP to bring logi 4 up to 5 so that i can be a space bishop instead of a space priest.

You're flying logi with out logi 5?

My god do it, it's amazing.

Rutibex posted:

I hold onto unallocated SP. It'll likely go into replacing subsystem losses.

Grapefist
Feb 11, 2007

*Beep Boop*
I AM a robot
*Beep Boop*
How long does CCP usually take to respond to support tickets? I resubbed one day too late for the 1m SP and told them I'd resub all five accounts if they would give me an extra day. That was a week ago and still no response.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Days to months/never.

CCP support is really, really terrible.

(and if you're trying to negotiate with them rather than just paying $$$ now and asking for the bonus, count on no response)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
it took me 40 days to get a response on getting one of my alts that couldn't log in 'reset' because something hosed up on their end

pretty much stopped playing because of it

NavyBlue
Dec 22, 2013

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Resting Lich Face posted:

You're flying logi with out logi 5?

My god do it, it's amazing.

I hold onto unallocated SP. It'll likely go into replacing subsystem losses.

Logi 4 was "good enough" a few years ago when i trained it. Cap issues on logi 4 are minimal enough that it wasnt worth the month long train to 5. i might get logi up and skills for new fleets up and just train a second character for PI or something.

i have an unsubbed account that started training some capital skills. kinda tempted to resub that one and start training so i can use that one for spacepopeing and maybe capital ratting. i stopped that account because CO2 couldnt manage good intel or defense fleets so all my mining ships would barely pay themselves off before i lost them. delve seems more secure than tribute.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rutibex posted:

injected medium triv guns and triage

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

NavyBlue posted:

Logi 4 was "good enough" a few years ago when i trained it. Cap issues on logi 4 are minimal enough that it wasnt worth the month long train to 5. i might get logi up and skills for new fleets up and just train a second character for PI or something.

i have an unsubbed account that started training some capital skills. kinda tempted to resub that one and start training so i can use that one for spacepopeing and maybe capital ratting. i stopped that account because CO2 couldnt manage good intel or defense fleets so all my mining ships would barely pay themselves off before i lost them. delve seems more secure than tribute.

uh logi 5 is one of the best lvl 5 skills in the game

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Is there a good alternative to Evemon? Loved that when it was still around.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Exioce posted:

Is there a good alternative to Evemon? Loved that when it was still around.

It's Evemon. Someone updated it for ESI. Search for ESI Evemon.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Brilliant, thank you. Now I can start to make a little sense of what I can actually fly.

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015

ryanrs posted:

I was running couriers in Dek for some JF corp (I forget the name). By the time YA0 and VFK were freeported, we were mostly moving poo poo for people who waited until the last minute to make their couriers. There was an insane backlog early on, but it was pretty much cleared by the time the stations fell.

I remember jumping out the best part a trillion isk of fuel blocks out dek for some muppet that waited till the station was freeported to start making contracts. Being the only guy servicing the section 8 renters was like flying the last chopper out of SaiGoon.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
I remember finding a JF pilot who agreed to inty into SD- to get someone's JF out during Freeport with bubbles. From Duchemin's Corp.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Logi V allows you to do some hilarious fits, with my favorite gimmick being taking an AB oneiros fit and replacing the large reps with deadspace mediums which allows you to replace the capacitor mids with remote tracking computers

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

I remember finding a JF pilot who agreed to inty into SD- to get someone's JF out during Freeport with bubbles. From Duchemin's Corp.

Whenever one of my JFs got trapped in a station, I'd just jumpclone to Jita and buy another. Then when a window opened, I'd jump them all out (I had a lot of JF chars).

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
so this happened today

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I see the idiots krabbing during deployment despite being told nobody will save them have started dying. :munch:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

so this happened today

:eyepop:
45b! I'm sure thats much more useful than 45 normal fax.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
45b! I'm sure thats much more useful than 45 normal fax.

hahahah 45b

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/273522-hull-financing-dagon-for-70b-over-5-months/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Are you nuts? What do you even do with it

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
oh you know, same as you do with a regular fax

Except my reps are neuts. And I have a corpse bay to store the corpses of the people I failed to heal.

I've been waiting 6 months if not more for this day, I can finally move on.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Congrats on your expensive fax that is now trapped in the middle of primo dropping zone

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I mean 45b is a little expensive but what do faxes normally cost, ten billion?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Less than 5 billion is the norm, depending on race.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Micromancer posted:

I've been waiting 6 months if not more for this day, I can finally move on.

This is eve.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Micromancer posted:

so this happened today

aunenen huh? cool.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Subbed a month last night and ran a few level 2 missions in my Thorax to learn combat/controls management again. Getting there, though the payouts are poo poo. Ultimately, I'm looking at a cheap low effort and risk method of generating income for the more risky stuff, doesn't even have to involve any kind of combat. Any advice for that?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Exioce posted:

Subbed a month last night and ran a few level 2 missions in my Thorax to learn combat/controls management again. Getting there, though the payouts are poo poo. Ultimately, I'm looking at a cheap low effort and risk method of generating income for the more risky stuff, doesn't even have to involve any kind of combat. Any advice for that?

try the channel gsf_isk (in game)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Exioce posted:

Change out the Thorax for a Vexor Navy Issue and kill some rats in anomalies. Missions are for losers.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So is there a move op schedule somewhere? I have had my son all weekend so failed to make any of them so far.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

So is there a move op schedule somewhere? I have had my son all weekend so failed to make any of them so far.

Check the goonfleet dot com forums for your appropriate capital group. I don't know if we have a schedule for subcaps.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

evilweasel posted:

I mean 45b is a little expensive but what do faxes normally cost, ten billion?

Ten billion? Psh... the hull is between 900m and 1.1b depending on the race, and then the fit is between 2 and 5 depending on how blingy you want to make it.

Here is the thing... the Dagon is cool and all, but if you ever actually use it in a real fight you’re the primary no matter what else is on the field, and its just going to be a very, very expensive loss mail when it gets alphaed.

It is perhaps very cool on paper, yet the most useless faction capital.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 19, 2019

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

ZombieLenin posted:

Ten billion? Psh... the hull is between 900m and 1.1b depending on the race, and then the fit is between 2 and 5 depending on how blingy you want to make it.

Here is the thing... the Dagon is cool and all, but if you ever actually use it in a real fight you’re the primary no matter what else is on the field, and its just going to be a very, very expensive loss mail when it gets alphaed.

It is perhaps very cool on paper, yet the most useless faction capital.

none have died yet, so a dagon will definitely 100% be primary. There's no real reason to use it in anything other than a completely safe drop.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

The amount of retardposting on r/eve about us losing idiot ratters/miners is impressive.

It's almost like they forget that this happens every single time we deploy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Loky11 posted:

none have died yet, so a dagon will definitely 100% be primary. There's no real reason to use it in anything other than a completely safe drop.

bait tank for EM/therm, drop it into a supercap fight against NC, but wait until after the first wave of focus-fired doomsdays. have your fax bros ready to start repping you as soon as you jump. still gonna die but you might have like 20 or 30 million damage on your killmail.

yeah, I dunno, still pretty stupid.

Wibla posted:

The amount of retardposting on r/eve about us losing idiot ratters/miners is impressive.

It's almost like they forget that this happens every single time we deploy.

You see during the 2018 war against GOTG the Delve MER numbers went down by over 10 trillion per month, for 3 months. That means goons actually lost the war, upvotes to the left.