Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

yea ok posted:

he edited n slur out

B&V Show: April 15, 2011 - Bryan learns that "Oh! Susanna" has the n-word in it.

Start of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

unlike Terry Bryan works a Miz level of soft style and can do whatever hes doing for the next thirty years as opposed to "retiring" and then unretiring to get thrown in thumbtacks

Please tweet this at him so we can see the meltdown it will cause.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

"King of Soft Style" Chico Alvarez

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Basically the Miz Talking Smack promo but from a 12 year old in the Pacific Northwest.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I watched Bryan's matches with the RnR Express and Marko Stunt and he took maybe two bumps combined. It ruled.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

HulkaMatt posted:

B&V Show: April 15, 2011 - Bryan learns that "Oh! Susanna" has the n-word in it.

Start of the show.

Whoooa! Hey hey! Whoa!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
my zubaz pants and Dave Meltzer shirt arrived today so I can be the biggest douche at every Atlanta indie show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Have you guys tried Grilling JR yet? The best representation of Jim in years and years. My favourite new podcast.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

rovert posted:

Have you guys tried Grilling JR yet? The best representation of Jim in years and years. My favourite new podcast.

does he talk about killing dogs

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Benne posted:

I watched Bryan's matches with the RnR Express and Marko Stunt and he took maybe two bumps combined. It ruled.

Smartest worker in the business brother.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Start of the show.

"Well that was.... unacceptable"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rovert posted:

was gonna ask here if there was anything new in it or just JR rehashing stories we'd all heard before but this time with the mortgage guy

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Despite his multitude of podcasts I've never really listened to Conrad's stuff, save a couple of Bruce Pritchard's. My brother swears by his Schiavone PPV watchalongs so I assume he's at least competent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have to appreciate Conrad for helping reignite Tony Schiavone's love for wrestling after understandably being soured on it for years thanks to his WCW experience.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CVagts posted:

Despite his multitude of podcasts I've never really listened to Conrad's stuff, save a couple of Bruce Pritchard's. My brother swears by his Schiavone PPV watchalongs so I assume he's at least competent.

He's competent enough to say "Dave Meltzer in the Observer said..." a dozen or so times a podcast, then shut up while his partner bashes The Sheets.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dsriggs posted:

He's competent enough to say "Dave Meltzer in the Observer said..." a dozen or so times a podcast, then shut up while his partner bashes The Sheets.

The best shows are the ones where they talk about the non-mainstream stuff. Bischoff's start in the business is the best 83 Weeks and actually feels authentic; like he steps out of the persona.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 19, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PaybackJack posted:

The best shows are the ones where they talk about the non-mainstream stuff. Bischoff start in the business is the best 83 Weeks and actually feels authentic; like he steps out of the persona.

Same with Bruce Pritchard, the ones to listen to are any one where he talks about Houston Wrestling, because it was where he got his break and clearly still has that passion for it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

My favorite :ironicat: in recent wrestling memory was when Bischoff talked poo poo about Meltzer for "trying to be one of the boys"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
“Lance I’ll bet you 500 dollars....!.....100 dollars how bout that?”

Dead

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

dsriggs posted:

The credit I'll give Grilling JR is, so far (we're 3 shows in, so let's not get too excited), it avoids this. Ross doesn't attempt to roll over Dave if he hears something he doesn't know is true, he just goes "I can't say whether that's true or not," and is also more than willing to give the Observer credit when it's right.

After trying to listen to 83 Weeks, it's refreshing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There are odds on Dave's star ratings? :psyduck:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Also Ross published a lot of Ross Report type stuff too so you can reference things he reported back in the day. Rather than someone like Eric Bischoff who contradicts himself one day from the next and lives in an bitter alcoholic fugue.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dango Bango posted:

There are odds on Dave's star ratings? :psyduck:

Degenerate gamblers will gamble on anything.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its amusing that dave is such a robot that bookies regard him influencing ratings to make money off bets as a non-issue

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its amusing that dave is such a robot that bookies regard him influencing ratings to make money off bets as a non-issue

That's kind of why I was baffled there were odds for them in the first place. Then again, this is pro wrestling gambling we're talking about.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

the thought of people losing money over Dave's star ratings and self-owning even further by bitching at him over it on social media is just :discourse:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c1BQkKUsx0

This isn't a comedy, it's a documentary.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I once made a prop bet on how long a Smashing Pumpkins concert would last.

It then broke down into an argument of whether or not a 25 minute post rock cover of Pink Floyd's "Set the Controls" constituted an encore. I decided I would accept my victory without making the guy pay since he slept with a shotgun under his bed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I remember an article about a guy who was such a degenerate gambler he would bet on the daily temperature being O/U the forecast :stare:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we get a lot of them out here. the saddest thing i hear each year is guys trying to bet on the little league world series.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Makes me think of the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer bets on flights arriving on time

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Gambling is a horrible curse and its worse in the UK because every advert on any sport is a betting advert i truly despise betting more than anything its a horrible addiction.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The Croc posted:

Gambling is a horrible curse and its worse in the UK because every advert on any sport is a betting advert i truly despise betting more than anything its a horrible addiction.

Adding a Lotto machine and Quick Draw to the restaurant I manage is literally the worst thing the owners ever did. Some customers just go about it passively for fun, but the number of degenerate gamblers it pulled into the bar irritates me to no end.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I put myself through College via betting on Meltzer giving Orton PPV matches ****

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

So what you’re saying is Artie Lange has $10,000 on a Meltzer rating?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

Yeah, I got nothing against people who wanna gamble for fun and have it under control, but I know people who completely destroyed their lives and seeing the way some people exploit that is revolting.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

fart blood posted:

So what you’re saying is Artie Lange has $10,000 on a Meltzer rating?

Hindsight is 20/20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good News: The MITB B&V Show is already up!
Bad News: No Vinny, so it's Bryan and producer Rob instead.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rob is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's fine but so far he's mostly just recapping what happened without the baffled exclamations that Vinny does so well.