Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

1. As long as he can claim hes got the strongest machine theres a baseline 20 million or so that will buy even if no one comes close to tapping that power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox is deffo way sharper there its true. 4pro is good looking in play tho its not 100 dollars uglier imo from 10 feet away at full speed but i know different people feel differently about this hence the variety of choices in the market.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1129803136728686592

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is that the same deal that's been running since April?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Is that the same deal that's been running since April?

Yes. It was extended at some point, was originally supposed to end last Sunday/Monday I think

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I just got an Xbox and is it just me not using it right or is the UI bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox can never fail you. It is you who fail xbox

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Looke posted:

I just got an Xbox and is it just me not using it right or is the UI bad

UI is bad and laggy as gently caress, even though I have a hardwired fiber connection. I don't know if it's something related to the external hard drive or the vast amount of digital games I own, but given that the UI becomes perfectly fine and snappy the second I don't have an internet connection, my guess is it has something to do with the sheer volume of ads and other bullshit they are loading in the background.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

DrNutt posted:

UI is bad and laggy as gently caress, even though I have a hardwired fiber connection. I don't know if it's something related to the external hard drive or the vast amount of digital games I own, but given that the UI becomes perfectly fine and snappy the second I don't have an internet connection, my guess is it has something to do with the sheer volume of ads and other bullshit they are loading in the background.

Yeah I'm suffering that as well

The actual layout doesn't make any sense either, I came from a PS4 where the UI is really clean and straight forward so I wasn't sure if I've just missed out on a setting somewhere or if the xbox menu is just a mess

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The PS4 UI is neither clean nor straightforward.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Maybe it’s just a matter of what you’re accustomed to and what you’re not? Neither one is objectively better than the other. It’s like comparing dialects of mandarin.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're both really bad and obtuse.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Apologies if I came across as trying to say one is better than the other, that really wasn't my intent. I just wanted to know if there is any way i can have my games clearly laid out. All I can work out is to either add them to a group and add that to the home screen or directly add the game to the home screen which then takes up an entire segment

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a Games & Apps section of the side menu that pulls up a pretty easy grid of all your installed software. If you wanna search the store or find something to buy organically good luck because it's a laggy mess.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Groups are great though, use 'em

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The store page for every game with a video trailer will automatically play that video in the background and there is no way to full screen that trailer

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

El_Elegante posted:

The store page for every game with a video trailer will automatically play that video in the background and there is no way to full screen that trailer

In Store, press the Menu (hamburger) button, go to Settings, and turn off "Play videos automatically."

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

El_Elegante posted:

Press up.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The auto play is fine, it’s just that I’ll actually want to watch the video they are trying to show me and I’ll have to scroll down five clicks and start it from the beginning, instead of merely hitting a “full screen this video” after I land on the game’s page

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
As far as UIs go I'd just like xmb from the PS3 which was perfectly fine and worked well enough for me. I actually prefer the current Xbone interface over the PS4 one because I like the way the groups are laid out, and I have separate groups for Xbone games, X360 games, and Xbox one the first Xbox games as well as video apps and poo poo. I just wish it wasn't laggy as gently caress at nearly all times. God help you if like me you have a large Rock band library you are occasionally forced to deal with.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The PS3 UI is worse than any other console except the PSP lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Healbot posted:

The PS3 UI is worse than any other console except the PSP lmao

Isn't the PSP UI the same as the PS3 though? I hated the Vita UI a lot more.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vita bubbles and pages is no bueno

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My gamepass expired but WarGroove is still playable so that's cool. Time to shell out the $3 and get the rest of my library back.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

DrNutt posted:

As far as UIs go I'd just like xmb from the PS3 which was perfectly fine and worked well enough for me. I actually prefer the current Xbone interface over the PS4 one because I like the way the groups are laid out, and I have separate groups for Xbone games, X360 games, and Xbox one the first Xbox games as well as video apps and poo poo. I just wish it wasn't laggy as gently caress at nearly all times. God help you if like me you have a large Rock band library you are occasionally forced to deal with.

I find PS4 folders much easier to deal with than the groups feature, probably because interfacing with it doesn't feel as laggy (and it removes deleted content automatically, which the Xbox doesn't do).

Having an easy one-press button for screenshots is something I miss on the Xbox as well.

Also, the fact we still don't have good names for the hamburger/two rectangles button is dumb.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lambert posted:

I find PS4 folders much easier to deal with than the groups feature, probably because interfacing with it doesn't feel as laggy (and it removes deleted content automatically, which the Xbox doesn't do).

Having an easy one-press button for screenshots is something I miss on the Xbox as well.

Also, the fact we still don't have good names for the hamburger/two rectangles button is dumb.

I think you can long press one of the option buttons to take pics but dont take that as true.

The start/select are called menu and view

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah, but no one knows that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Real hurthling! posted:

The only people who call them that get a W-2 from Microsoft

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
They should have kept it start/select

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1130699369408106496?s=19

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, an open world game that truly never ends

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A Song of Tumbling and Butt Stabbing

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
So I live in Japan, and use Paypal to buy digital content on the Xbone. I did so on Monday in fact. Since Tuesday however, I'm unable to purchase anything. Strangely enough, I've deleted all payment methods, re-entered my Paypal details, but Xbox and the website still defer to older payment methods. Any ideas?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

So I live in Japan, and use Paypal to buy digital content on the Xbone. I did so on Monday in fact. Since Tuesday however, I'm unable to purchase anything. Strangely enough, I've deleted all payment methods, re-entered my Paypal details, but Xbox and the website still defer to older payment methods. Any ideas?

Did the region get switched? Im in Japan as well and not had that issue, but when I was in the states the system one day decided I lived in australia and that hosed everything up until I sussed out the problem.

Also did you update your payment info on website? I assume you did but thats the only way it works for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Now I want an anime Song of Ice and Fire game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Now I want an anime Song of Ice and Fire game.

Im working on it but the woman of AKB48 are pushing back on safety concerns regarding the armor they need to wear during the show.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

Did the region get switched? Im in Japan as well and not had that issue, but when I was in the states the system one day decided I lived in australia and that hosed everything up until I sussed out the problem.

Also did you update your payment info on website? I assume you did but thats the only way it works for me.

Thanks for the suggestions. Region hadn't changed. Deleted everything and added Paypal on the website. Nothing.

My concern is that both the Marketplace and the Xbone Store still have my old accounts as payments but not the new Paypal entered into the website. In fact, for some reason they have two Paypal accounts (same email) which don't match what I changed on the Paypal website.

Said "gently caress it" and bought an online code. Of course they can''t be redeemed for Xbox 360 games. :argh:

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 23, 2019

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fly Ricky posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. Region hadn't changed. Deleted everything and added Paypal on the website. Nothing.

My concern is that both the Marketplace and the Xbone Store still have my old accounts as payments but not the new Paypal entered into the website. In fact, for some reason they have two Paypal accounts (same email) which don't match what I changed on the Paypal website.

Said "gently caress it" and bought an online code. Of course they can''t be redeemed for Xbox 360 games. :argh: Anyways, any recommendations for online codes (emailed)? Playasia charged me $15 for a $10.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hate to say it but I think youre best served calling support at this point, because Im the only other xbox owner in Japan Im pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1131181685817524224

quote:

Dates

Metal Gear Survive - 5/23
The Banner Saga - 5/23
Void Bastards - 5/29
Dead by Daylight - 5/30