Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Leperflesh posted:

I would guess that a lot of stuff like building codes and construction standards and practices could be wildly different in Italy.

That's just a matter of research tho. It would likely be way more complicated navigating your supply chain, which will be undoubtedly complicated by the mafia.

Also, this is an appeal to American builders, probably for the same reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ah so they're going for a fish-out-of water thing, combined with laughing at those crazy foreigners style TV?

I'd say go for it, but with the understanding that all footage of you is going to be heavily edited and spliced beyond recognition, including splicing words together to make different sentences then what you actually said, because thats how this kind of TV is made. If you're OK with being misrepresented in front of millionsliterally hundreds of viewers, go for it. All-expenses paid vacation in sicily? hell yeah.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Leperflesh posted:

ah so they're going for a fish-out-of water thing, combined with laughing at those crazy foreigners style TV?

I'd say go for it, but with the understanding that all footage of you is going to be heavily edited and spliced beyond recognition, including splicing words together to make different sentences then what you actually said, because thats how this kind of TV is made. If you're OK with being misrepresented in front of millionsliterally hundreds of viewers, go for it. All-expenses paid vacation in sicily? hell yeah.

I do not know that I could handle that

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Happy Memorial Day Eve Weekend

https://twitter.com/NYTimesAtWar/status/1129840329878847489

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sink is fixed! I am a man! I'm BBQing tonight! Where's my drat scotch?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Motherfucker.

So, despite the dogs getting regular baths, being on flea and heartworm poo poo, and treating the yard regularly somehow all these assholes have fleas.

Any tips or help? I'm at my wits loving end dealing with these things.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Have you boiled their bedding or got new stuff? Flea eggs will live in that.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Never had to deal with fleas, but I imagine it’s like lice with the kid, which was a loving nightmare

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Isn't there some drug you can give them where drinking their blood sterilizes the fleas

Seems like the most effective way

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mowed the lawn, did some grocery shopping and spent 5 minutes looking at this:

https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1129841975908114432

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle posted:

whats tff:ct looking at today

im gonna hit the gym, return some pants, assemble a little project ive been planning, and study diabetes dosing information.

I already had a wonderful bike ride this morning, the temperature in Vegas is absurdl reasonable for is time of year. Now I'm sitting down to a bowl and a homemade BLT, probably gonna shoot the basketball a bit later and I might go out drinking tonight.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go to Nelson's landing which is a cliff jumping spot on the Colorado river; it's only like 40 minutes away but it has everything from 10 foot diving spots to 85 foot bombs. I'm a little hesitant because something is still wrong with my knee from snowboarding. But I'm still gonna do it

hifi posted:

i guess i can do big krit or montana of 300 now that i know the tff secret to rapping is replacing "the n word" with "homie"

"neighbor" as in "my neighbor" really rolls of the tongue easily and it also makes the songs more fun in a way

I'm worried that we're not trying hard enough to empathize with this poor misunderstood man :saddowns:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I bought my dad's 17 sonata sport at loan price (saves 3-4k off dealer price) to replace my salvage title 2010 elantra lol. Finally have bluetooth audio and heated seats for these brutal pa winters :hellyeah:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Its Rinaldo posted:

Have you boiled their bedding or got new stuff? Flea eggs will live in that.

We bathed with dawn, applied new flea poo poo, and burned all old bedding. Now the new bedding is about to be burned also because they came back.

Legitimately never had to deal with fleas. loving paranoid they're in all the couches and mattresses and poo poo now also.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

iwentdoodie posted:

We bathed with dawn, applied new flea poo poo, and burned all old bedding. Now the new bedding is about to be burned also because they came back.

Legitimately never had to deal with fleas. loving paranoid they're in all the couches and mattresses and poo poo now also.

Vacuum everything, treat weekly for a month. It's probably harder with dogs than indoor cats, but that's always worked for me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Play posted:

I'm worried that we're not trying hard enough to empathize with this poor misunderstood man :saddowns:

is that actually what you think I was trying to say or are you just being a dork

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Master Stur posted:

I bought my dad's 17 sonata sport at loan price (saves 3-4k off dealer price) to replace my salvage title 2010 elantra lol. Finally have bluetooth audio and heated seats for these brutal pa winters :hellyeah:

Bluetooth audio changes everything and there needs to be a government program to retrofit old cars with them. Enjoy your comfort :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ehud posted:

is that actually what you think I was trying to say or are you just being a dork

the latter if you must know

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Idle thought of the afternoon, thought it’d be fun to show my kid Star Wars: A New Hope since she’s about the same age when I discovered it. Too bad George Lucas/Disney won’t let us rent it!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Play posted:

the latter if you must know

:nono:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Spoeank posted:

Bluetooth audio changes everything and there needs to be a government program to retrofit old cars with them. Enjoy your comfort :)

Thanks friend :) This is the first car ive ever had that wasnt a cheapo craiglist special. New territory here driving something actually decent and not one foot in the junkyard

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Thaddius the Large posted:

Idle thought of the afternoon, thought it’d be fun to show my kid Star Wars: A New Hope since she’s about the same age when I discovered it. Too bad George Lucas/Disney won’t let us rent it!

I think it's literally on TNT right now

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The Glumslinger posted:

I think it's literally on TNT right now

Cable free millennial :smugdog:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Cable free millennial :smugdog:

Get thee to the :filez: and download the despecialized edition then.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
so my upstairs neighbor got evicted and in retaliation turned on all his faucets before leaving and flooded the apartment

fortunately the damage to mine is limited because I caught it fast enough

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ex probably gonna be in psych hold through at least Monday but probably longer.

Her mom was going to come stay with her when she gets out and I'm okay with them being there provided her mom is. Lawyer agreed.

Kids are still in the dark, and I'm learning a lot about my capacity for stress.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Kids are still in the dark, and I'm learning a lot about my capacity for stress.

I know its probably not the time for advice, but really talk to a child psychiatrist about how to tell your kids about it as soon as you can. I had some family poo poo hidden from me for years that was no where near as bad as this, and when I finally found out it damaged a lot of family relationships.

Like, not saying you tell your kids everything, but coming from me if it one day comes up ten years later its gonna destroy their trust in both of you.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is a great video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xix6MPHQRa4

The world is amazing.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
John Wick 3 is so good, if you are on the fence just go and be entertained.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

how the gently caress do they film those nature things

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Caterpillar metamorphosis is one of the most bizarre things in nature. Like how does an insect evolve to do that?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

Caterpillar metamorphosis is one of the most bizarre things in nature. Like how does an insect evolve to do that?

its even more hosed up that they literally turn into goo and reconstitute and yet retain memories

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

its even more hosed up that they literally turn into goo and reconstitute and yet retain memories

I was just about to post this. It's hosed up!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I know its probably not the time for advice, but really talk to a child psychiatrist about how to tell your kids about it as soon as you can. I had some family poo poo hidden from me for years that was no where near as bad as this, and when I finally found out it damaged a lot of family relationships.

Like, not saying you tell your kids everything, but coming from me if it one day comes up ten years later its gonna destroy their trust in both of you.

Yeah I need to find someone soon.

I need to do a lot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

C-Euro posted:

I was just about to post this. It's hosed up!

*in ehud's family's voice* just part of god's design!

(sorry if this is picking on you ehud)

e: my question would be more how does a caterpillar with such an enormous and colorful tail manage to avoid predators

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 19, 2019

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yeah I need to find someone soon.

I need to do a lot.

Then quit posting and go do stuff ya dingus!

I need someone to tell me this like once an hour.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

e: my question would be more how does a caterpillar with such an enormous and colorful tail manage to avoid predators

its bright colors tell predators "i am poisonous as gently caress"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

its bright colors tell predators "i am poisonous as gently caress"

I vaguely remember watching some Attenborough thing and apparently there's a millipede that takes this farther and glows in the dark to advertise that it's poison.

Found an article on them, the only important part is the glowing ones were bitten less but I like the quote:

quote:

When they returned the next morning, “it was just carnage,” said lead researcher Paul Marek. “We were really surprised at the predation rate on these millipedes. Overall, about one-third of them—both real and fake—had been attacked.”

Luminescent millipedes were attacked less than half as often as their dark counterparts.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

my mom sends me stuff like that vid i posted and says "i dont see how you think this happened by accident"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
There's that one caterpillar than lives in the arctic that every year eats just enough food to generate enough anti freeze to survive another winter until one year it eats enough to metamorphosise that's some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

my mom sends me stuff like that vid i posted and says "i dont see how you think this happened by accident"

See it's funny because for me that poo poo is super proof of evolution. Only a billion years of having random poo poo and seeing what sticks would have something so circuitous