Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

First thing I heard in my head was “OK, Jim!”

Rest In Peace, Harold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Harold Letterman always helped me understand how to score rounds without decisive punches (effective aggression, ring generalship, etc), I'll miss him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

RIP Lederman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBi7fpbYk8

Boxing has been decent tonight

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
RIP Harold.

Junior middleweight is completely wide open at this point.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

we need to remind people that THIS TITLE FIGHT IS SCHEDULED FOR TWELVE ROUNDS, USING THE UNIFIED RULES OF THE ASSOCIATION OF BOXING COMMISSIONS. THERE IS NO THREE KNOCKDOWN RULE, ONLY THE REFEREE CAN STOP THE FIGHT, IN CASE A CUT IS CAUSED BY AN ACCIDENTAL HEADBUTT WE GO TO THE SCORECARDS AFTER FOUR ROUNDS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, AND A FIGHTER CANNOT BE SAVED BY THE BELL IN ANY ROUND, INCLUDING THE TWELFTH AND FINAL ROUND! JIM!

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Hot Garcia on Garcia action possibly coming

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1128360636293963776?s=19

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i predicted this

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
mikey, what are you doing? hope he's getting paid.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y8T9syvTFg

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
So looks like the whole "Deontay Wilder wants to kill an opponent" thing will become a promotional tactic going forward.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1128699567371894784?s=19

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

He's been doing this forever and it loving sucks, stop doing it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brazeale should grab the mic and tell Deontay he's going to punch his spinal column right through his back

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
He's selling tickets.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
This is some Mortal Kombat poo poo if it happens. 🤔

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Wilder could only knockout fat Stiverne. Brezeale will lose and most likely by stoppage but he'll be fine

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Generally the way fighters die in the ring is to get battered for the full 12 rounds and not one shot knockouts like what Wilder dishes out

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Run Nonito. Please. Do not fight this man. Just run.

https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA/status/1129845790132842501

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The SituAsian posted:

Run Nonito. Please. Do not fight this man. Just run.

https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA/status/1129845790132842501

On the other hand, Prograis/Taylor should be fun.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So anyone watching this?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Gary Russell Jr. repping Wakanda forever. But I wonder if carrying an extra 5 or 6 pounds of fur around your waist is a good idea.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ccubed posted:

Gary Russell Jr. repping Wakanda forever. But I wonder if carrying an extra 5 or 6 pounds of fur around your waist is a good idea.

Doesn’t look like fatigue is gonna be a factor here

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Pretty good ring walks tonight, lol

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
A lot of interesting cosplay tonight. Crotchet Warhammer 40k outfit for wilder. After his gas-masked contortionists walkout.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
im up so tuning in

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Goddamn

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
worth it

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Thank you Wilder for making sure I can get to sleep at a reasonable time...as well as his opponent.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cFwyyYH3Y

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Never hook with a hooker.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Ow.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Fwiw Brezeale had Wilder pretty buzzed at one point but him getting sparked was inevitable.

I would assume Kownacki is next rather than the Ortiz rematch and Wilder will have the honor of putting yet another man with breasts to sleep.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

Never hook with a hooker.

That was straight down the pipe.

bolt action right hand there

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Inoue above Canelo on the p4p lists.

Breazeale is a can; walked right into that shot with 0 defence. Hopefully Wilder/Joshua is either next or the fight after next, at worst.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Inoue above Canelo on the p4p lists.

You could argue for him at #1 IMO, he's demolishing world class opposition much more easily than Loma or Crawford.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Inoue is kind of insane in that every “genuinely tough test for Inoue” gets folded like a bad poker hand in short order. He’s so technical and precise, which often gets overlooked because of his insane power.

Speaking of insane power, Wilder dropping people with simple one two combos will never cease to amaze me. Breazeale may have next to no defence, but it still took AJ a while to lay him out.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i wish inoue had a potential superfight. it was cool thinking about inoue / gonzalez way back when. is rigondeaux retired? is that possible?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nery is the big one in his division, getting a good push in America and is reviled in Japan.

Otherwise, yeah it’s moving up and getting Rigo or something.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Rigo is still active, technically, but barely. I’m not sure there would be any interest in that fight from Inoue’s camp though, as Rigo was not a ticket seller to begin with, and now he’s completely dropped off the map, despite still being an extremely risky fight to take.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Its definitely a 1a, b, etc. type situation at the top of pound for pound with Lomachenko, Crawford, Canelo, Usyk and now Inoue all legit choices depending on what you value between accomplishments and the "eye-test".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Anyone else enjoy watching Billy Joe Saunders have his way with Shefat Isufi for 12 rounds?