Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I'm not sure if much is known about it. I haven't seen anything, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Heath posted:

OutRun 2 is one of the funnest racing games ever and I keep a PS2 hooked up just to play it. I would kill for it on the Switch with online play holy poo poo

its so loving sick!! i also have a dedicated console for it lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you've never experienced this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLcjvtvJAo

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Heath posted:

If you've never experienced this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLcjvtvJAo

I’ll never forget staying up all night playing this game while my then-GF read poetry to me and we railed crack-grade cocaine, the night Obama beat Mitt Romney. That was a fun shift at Five Guys the next morning.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chill Penguin posted:

I’ll never forget staying up all night playing this game while my then-GF read poetry to me and we railed crack-grade cocaine, the night Obama beat Mitt Romney. That was a fun shift at Five Guys the next morning.

:same:

:chloe:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Chill Penguin posted:

I’m sad that won’t all fit in the thread title.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mega64 posted:

I’m sad that won’t all fit in the thread title.

Rename Games or make it the pop up text if it doesn't fit there either.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
OutRun 2 brings people together

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Chill Penguin posted:

Well that’s a fuckin’ mood right there. I like it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The best part of OutRun 2 imo is the soundtrack. I've been playing its version of Splash Wave in my car for a good decade now, such a great song to hit the road on a summer day with.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

The best part of OutRun 2 imo is the soundtrack. I've been playing its version of Splash Wave in my car for a good decade now, such a great song to hit the road on a summer day with.

Magical Sound Shower is the one true Outrun track :colbert:.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Magical Sound Shower is the one true Outrun track :colbert:.

Specifically the Project Diva version.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well I also got suckered into the vouchers since it's $90 for $120 MSRP of games (Costco), and $5 worth of funny money for the shop.

I'll use it on two first-party titles since they rarely drop below $50. Probably Mario Maker 2 and... gently caress, I dunno, likely the opposite Pokemon version of my friend.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

:3:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I went home over Christmas to visit family and my brother took me to this giant Dave and Buster's sort of place that had an OutRun 2 SP machine and I probably dropped 20 bucks on it. Great fun

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What's the best place to grind in Octopath after all the second chapter stories?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

BGrifter posted:

Vita is too big. If I wanted to carry a huge sorta-portable console around with me I’d just bring my Switch.

PSP Go actually fits in a normal pocket.

GPDxd is fantastic. DS Lite form factor.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

What's the best place to grind in Octopath after all the second chapter stories?

If you keep rotating in your lowest level dudes into your party all game you don't need to grind at all until the post game, assuming you don't skip the post game.

Skip the post game.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zas posted:

its so loving sick!! i also have a dedicated console for it lol

My Xbox 360 will never be unplugged thanks to this game.

Also everyone owes themselves to play the 3DS ports of Outrun and Power Drift. Hell, all of those ports are awesome.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

My Xbox 360 will never be unplugged thanks to this game.

Also everyone owes themselves to play the 3DS ports of Outrun and Power Drift. Hell, all of those ports are awesome.

for sure! space harrier is fuckin cool as hell on the 3ds

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Planet Harriers, baby.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
OutRun 2019 except it's remade to be like 2 with a sick rear end cyberpunk setting and synthwave soundtrack

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Hey switch thread: is regalia of men and monarchs any good?

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

Mezzanon posted:

Hey switch thread: is regalia of men and monarchs any good?

It's good and it has a unique twist on a battle system but good lord are those load times atrocious. Despite enjoying it, I eventually put it down because I felt like I spent more time looking at loading screens then anything else. Also, other people might appreciate how light-hearted the story was but I wanted things to be a bit more grounded.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chill Penguin posted:

:lol:

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I just went through the small hassle of getting Virtua Racing through the JPN eshop and man has it been worth it so far. For some reason my parents allowed us to go all in on Sega with both a 32X and CD and this is the only game I remember enjoying from that time. I cant wait to get my brothers over here in a few days to relive some old times.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zas posted:

for sure! space harrier is fuckin cool as hell on the 3ds

You got Galaxy Force II? It's insane.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really hope M2 is working on a Switch version of Sonic 2. It's one of my favorite games ever and I booted it up to play on the Sega Genesis collection and the emulation is bad. There's a bunch of input lag when jumping. I booted up the M2 Sega Ages version of Sonic 1 for comparison and it's night and day.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Justin_Brett posted:

Check out the side dungeons in each area, some of them should be around your level. Alternatively, use the character story dungeons since they’re more tuned toward specific levels.

Also don’t forget gear, good gear is more important than levels. Dungeon diving with Therion is kinda hit-or-miss, but the NPCs usually have good stuff to buy/steal, and the regular shops are fine too.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

loudog999 posted:

I just went through the small hassle of getting Virtua Racing through the JPN eshop and man has it been worth it so far. For some reason my parents allowed us to go all in on Sega with both a 32X and CD and this is the only game I remember enjoying from that time. I cant wait to get my brothers over here in a few days to relive some old times.

I'm so sorry. Do you need the number of a counselor?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Heath posted:

I'm so sorry. Do you need the number of a counselor?

I think Ive dealt with it, but its probably the reason I never bought a dreamcast until way late.. I remember trying to convince myself that sewer shark and that power rangers CD game were fun.. it didnt work. Also, I played a lot of the football game that was all just video, I think it was Cowboys Vs 49ers or something.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I keep getting hyper hosed the moment I get top 40 but can generally get top twenty, have gotten top 3 and 5 a few times, and got the legacy skin in Tetris so I'm going to accept I will never win and take that as Good Enough

I played in portable mode too and lol never again my wrists are sore after an hour somehow

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Looks like my grumping about the price of Switch games paid off, Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is $34.99 CAD at Amazon/BestBuy. :woop:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I really hope M2 is working on a Switch version of Sonic 2. It's one of my favorite games ever and I booted it up to play on the Sega Genesis collection and the emulation is bad. There's a bunch of input lag when jumping. I booted up the M2 Sega Ages version of Sonic 1 for comparison and it's night and day.

Yeah, the emulation in that collection is dogshit. I still want the Christian Whitehead versions of 1, 2 and CD on Switch. It’s such a shame that such awesome reworkings of those games exist but 2 of them are stuck on loving phones.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

I keep getting hyper hosed the moment I get top 40 but can generally get top twenty, have gotten top 3 and 5 a few times, and got the legacy skin in Tetris so I'm going to accept I will never win and take that as Good Enough

I played in portable mode too and lol never again my wrists are sore after an hour somehow

I didn't know there was an event so I started up Tetris 99 for the first time in a while and made my way up to 90-something points, then got first place when even a bottom-50 finish would have gotten me to a hundred. Also had no idea they added a sensitivity option for hard-drops with a d-pad until after I checked out the menus for the new skins. That probably would have made things a lot easier.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Does the starlink dlc have any more remixes of starfox music because calling in a wingmate provided 90% of my enjoyment of that game

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Also you fuckers talking about FFX is making me want to attempt another go at it, ever since I flirted with the series as a young teen and bought a ps2 and basically every ff I could find for it and got about halfway in most of them before giving up, apart from FFX where I think I got to cid and thought I was underlevelled.

FFX-2 being on a download code is some bullshit though, how much faff is ordering the Japanese copy if I’m in Europe?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FFX is a good game. Personally Id not faff about importing a copy but I also buy everything digital.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Butterfly Valley posted:

Also you fuckers talking about FFX is making me want to attempt another go at it, ever since I flirted with the series as a young teen and bought a ps2 and basically every ff I could find for it and got about halfway in most of them before giving up, apart from FFX where I think I got to cid and thought I was underlevelled.

FFX-2 being on a download code is some bullshit though, how much faff is ordering the Japanese copy if I’m in Europe?

I'm in the US, but I was able to find a local(ish) shop on eBay that had the Asian copy, which is also both games on the cart. Check there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Wildtortilla posted:

Does RE4 on Switch have any aiming options other than the sticks? As much as I love it I tried playing my Game Cube copy recently and the stick aiming just doesn't agree with me anymore. :(

the wii version was good as hell