Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

colachute posted:

I’m glad Keanu Reeves found roles that suit his... dull? lethargic? personality (Neo, John Wick) because Keanu Reeves seems like a genuinely good dude. Like outside of acting and martial arts and motorcycles I bet his hobby is like... an herb garden or something lame and dad mode.

I’m planning to see it Sunday morning.

Some of his hobbies include target shooting and ballroom dancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What the gently caress is lame about gardening

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I bet his hobbies are fricking stupid, like smoking fat blunts while petting good cats and playing with good dogs! What a bitch!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
He clearly said "an herb garden or something lame", though I question whether any hobby can be lame when it's being done by Keanu Reeves.

I would definitely believe pretty much anything. Like, he's an excellent chef, or a ventriloquist. Or photography but with, like, some really unique twist.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

colachute posted:

I’m glad Keanu Reeves found roles that suit his... dull? lethargic? personality (Neo, John Wick) because Keanu Reeves seems like a genuinely good dude. Like outside of acting and martial arts and motorcycles I bet his hobby is like... an herb garden or something lame and dad mode.

I’m planning to see it Sunday morning.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wingnut Ninja posted:

He clearly said "an herb garden or something lame", though I question whether any hobby can be lame when it's being done by Keanu Reeves.

I would definitely believe pretty much anything. Like, he's an excellent chef, or a ventriloquist. Or photography but with, like, some really unique twist.

I mean anything good. I don't see him showing off his holocaust WW2 memorabilia.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Jokes aside, seconding that Keanu is a really cool dude, and if you haven't seen his documentary on analog/digital cinema Side by Side, you should go watch it.
Guy is passionate about movie-making like Kevin Smith is passionate about comic books

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Australia continues to be 3 years behind the rest of the English speaking world, has major conservative upset in most recent election.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

well the water flows backwards down there, so the us votes democrat as we circle the drain, makes sense Australia goes to the right

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

BigDave posted:

Some of his hobbies include target shooting and ballroom dancing.

He's pretty fast on some of his shooting videos.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

psydude posted:

Australia continues to be 3 years behind the rest of the English speaking world, has major conservative upset in most recent election.

If it makes you feel any better (it shouldn't) this seems to be happening the world over and is likely going to keep getting worse when climate migrations start happening in earnest.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oh for sure, It's gonna make WW1 look like the falklands.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yeah, John Wick fuckin ruled and y'all need to see it this weekend. Possibly the best of the three? Kinda close.

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1129812714308734976?s=19

So Biden is getting "better" in that his speeches are basically a mix of "I can compromise and find consensus (Recovery Act), but I also was vice president, so I'm not stupid and I know when to say gently caress Republicans and pass our own poo poo (ACA/Obamacare)". It's somewhat clear that he's either shelved the kumbaya poo poo, or is taking the center-left play.

Basically, if the Democratic base is worried and wants a center-left person to maximize chances, it's Biden's race to lose. If Trump tanks even worse, the Democrats could nominate a ham sandwich and win, so who knows who would win it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean if he gets the nom there's no chance in hell I won't support him nor will I even attempt to dissuade anyone who's voting for him. I'd just prefer someone else.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/510092980469108736

america stands at full mast

edit: also this happened

https://twitter.com/adam22/status/1129785956045746177

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 18, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Arnold says please watch this video instead

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1129797573928148992?s=19

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's a sad day for that dude when he gives a 70 year old the biggest blind side he can possibly muster with a huge running start and you kind of jostle him a bit.

Probably worse though is when they take him out side and dismember him.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/AlexCKaufman/status/1129000388215148544?s=19

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Jokes aside, seconding that Keanu is a really cool dude, and if you haven't seen his documentary on analog/digital cinema Side by Side, you should go watch it.
Guy is passionate about movie-making like Kevin Smith is passionate about comic books

Kevin Smith is really only passionate about one thing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kevin Smith a douche and a lousy director who cries watching Superman cartoons.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Rude to post about skinny, almost died man

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vriess posted:

His wife wrote that tweet.

Casimir Radon posted:

I would like to see his Prince documentary, though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vriess posted:

In less than a month it will be a decade plus since he made that tweet. Really makes me think!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Milo and POTUS posted:

In less than a month it will be a decade plus since he made that tweet. Really makes me think!

July comes after June.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Made a John Wick 3 Spoiler thread FYI:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889876

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

McNally posted:

July comes after June.

Thought it said June. :shrug:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Trump is going to pardon a bunch of war criminals on memorial day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/18/us/trump-pardons-war-crimes.html

quote:

President Trump has indicated that he is considering pardons for several American military members accused or convicted of war crimes, including high-profile cases of murder, attempted murder and desecration of a corpse, according to two United States officials.

The officials said that the Trump administration had made expedited requests this week for paperwork needed to pardon the troops on or around Memorial Day.

One request is for Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher of the Navy SEALs, who is scheduled to stand trial in the coming weeks on charges of shooting unarmed civilians and killing an enemy captive with a knife while deployed in Iraq.

The others are believed to include the case of a former Blackwater security contractor recently found guilty in the deadly 2007 shooting of dozens of unarmed Iraqis; the case of Maj. Mathew L. Golsteyn, the Army Green Beret accused of killing an unarmed Afghan in 2010; and the case of a group of Marine Corps snipers charged with urinating on the corpses of dead Taliban fighters.

Small brain: the troops are good
Big brain: the troops do war crimes
Galaxy brain: the troops do war crimes and that's good

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Cool, if he does that, wonder what's gonna happen to the SEALs who ratted on the dude

Maybe the guys he pardons can get together afterwards and all form a little group. A cabal, if you will.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Hugh Thompson's burial plot should become a power plant for the way he must be spinning.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Those marines that are mentioned at the end aren’t war criminals anymore than the rest of us.

I hate trump but glad their names will be cleared.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Those marines that are mentioned at the end aren’t war criminals anymore than the rest of us.

I hate trump but glad their names will be cleared.

Hrm yes I too have pissed on the bodies of the men I killed

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Hrm yes I too have pissed on the bodies of the men I killed
And then take a video of it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Those marines that are mentioned at the end aren't war criminals anymore than the rest of us.

Dude, this is like the creepy-rear end guy who keeps bringing up how statutory rape is a trick, because tweens these days be looking older

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I’m gonna lose a ton of sleep because some dead taliban fucks got peed on.

Should they have done it? No. Should they have been criminally charged for it? No. At worst a letter of reprimand and maybe a suspended bust should have been meted out.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

Dude, this is like the creepy-rear end guy who keeps bringing up how statutory rape is a trick, because tweens these days be looking older

No it’s really not.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The Flynn defender has logged on, and he has opinions on corpse desecration.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

:allears:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Actually before this derails a good thread let me just say, ignore me, I have dumb old man opinions about things and this thread isn’t D&D so me and my unpopular opinion can gently caress off. Sorry for even starting the derail.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

mlmp08 posted:

Lol no, shim slammed him harder than anyone once his true nature was known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Lol no, shim slammed him harder than anyone once his true nature was known