Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
J'imagine qu'en effet, c'est le signe classique pour toute personne devant communiquer à des coéquipiers que tout va bien sans utiliser la parole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/lesRep_Senat/status/1128714586520211457?s=19

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Les "républicains" nous rappellent qu'ils existent toujours au senat. :rolleyes: Juste avant les elections Européennes, comme par hasard.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 16, 2019

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Eh the current political "debate" for all 3 right-wing parties that hog the airtime is basically some variation of "Islam bad, poors bad, taxes bad; corporations good, billionaires good" :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol Macron a reçu le titre de meilleur ouvrier de France

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Bah ouais, il a reconstruit Notre-Dame tout seul

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kurtofan posted:

Lol Macron a reçu le titre de meilleur ouvrier de France

Apparently it's awarded automatically for every Prez.

https://twitter.com/mokranekab/status/1128970686616227840

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
tout le monde déteste la police

https://twitter.com/Brevesdepresse/status/1129065580307406848

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

YaketySass posted:

Apparently it's awarded automatically for every Prez.

https://twitter.com/mokranekab/status/1128970686616227840

oh welp, still dumb as hell lol

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Toplowtech posted:

Les "républicains" nous rappellent qu'ils existent toujours au senat. :rolleyes: Juste avant les elections Européennes, comme par hasard.

All the more stupid/shocking/pointless that the girls were already forbidden from wearing their veil in schools due to a previous fascist law. So this is really just making GBS threads on Muslims for the sake of being seen making GBS threads on Muslims. Et parce que la laïcité c'est quand tout le monde est catho, je crois ?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Yeah, it's also a blanket ban on religious symbols but they just jumped straight to "MUSLIMS MUSLIMS MUSLIMS". Who even needs to pretend anymore, after all?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kobal2 posted:

So this is really just making GBS threads on Muslims for the sake of being seen making GBS threads on Muslims. Et parce que la laïcité c'est quand tout le monde est catho, je crois ?
Actually laicité is when the french army police drag a catholic followers out of "his"(actually now state own) church and shoot him to death french police shoot on a catholic crowd preventing their inventory job in front of a church. The 1900s were great. That's the high point of laicité for most non catholic french people. But hey maybe if they loving overuse it as a tool of minor anti-muslim oppression, people will be dumb enough to free french Catholicism of that barrier.
edit: not the army sadly.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 17, 2019

Llyd
Oct 9, 2012
I'm moving back to the old country this summer after more than 10 years in Brussels.
I'll be working some kind of IT consultancy job, very probably under Syntec.

Any recommendations on a union I can join that does not suck majorly in that sector ?
Maybe just whatever union is already there ?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh i think a general ban on religious symbols in certain contexts is ok, it's when people start banning swimsuits that i start to balk

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Llyd posted:

My previous company almost folded from mismanagement, the CGT was pretty good at protecting our interests and keeping us updated. That's my limited personal anecdote

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Toplowtech posted:

Actually laicité is when the french army police drag a catholic followers out of "his"(actually now state own) church and shoot him to death french police shoot on a catholic crowd preventing their inventory job in front of a church. The 1900s were great. That's the high point of laicité for most non catholic french people. But hey maybe if they loving overuse it as a tool of minor anti-muslim oppression, people will be dumb enough to free french Catholicism of that barrier.
edit: not the army sadly.

I figure as long as enough people around sort of vaguely remember the catho right was hardcore collabo this might not happen whether the right uses laicite as an excuse for bullshit or not, but then again I was obviously dumb and wrong when I had trouble imagining Le Pen's polling with under-40s actually going up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kobal2 posted:

All the more stupid/shocking/pointless that the girls were already forbidden from wearing their veil in schools due to a previous fascist law. So this is really just making GBS threads on Muslims for the sake of being seen making GBS threads on Muslims. Et parce que la laïcité c'est quand tout le monde est catho, je crois ?

also a way to prevent parents from accompanying kids

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Kassad posted:

Yeah, it's also a blanket ban on religious symbols but they just jumped straight to "MUSLIMS MUSLIMS MUSLIMS". Who even needs to pretend anymore, after all?

It's the old "non non mais c'est contre TOUTES les religions ! Laïcité is really important (but do forget about the fact that laïcité was about preventing religious teachers and other state officials from proselitizing/discriminating, that's just a minor historical detail)" trick ; except the laws are worded in such a way that crucifixes and Huguenot crosses are OK (because they're small and even if your teacher is a dick about it you can just hide it under your shirt, not that it ever happened) while veils and yarmulkes are right out.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Llyd posted:

I'm moving back to the old country this summer after more than 10 years in Brussels.
I'll be working some kind of IT consultancy job, very probably under Syntec.

Any recommendations on a union I can join that does not suck majorly in that sector ?
Your choices are amongst 5 groups mostly (warning splitting):
_ the CGT (Confédération générale du travail) who until the 1900s used to be a pro armed-revolution group (but a violent encounter between their leadership and army bullets fixed that) and is mostly a group of mustached older men fighting the good fight in more practical terms today. The CGT power in some small and historically powerful industries in France is sometime insane. The CGT group in the Printing industry is Scorsese movie level really(but the whole printing industry in France is one giant history of insane privilege and nonsensical laws) and i am mostly extremely forgiving/pro-cgt otherwise. Can't blame them for that insane industry really. Still the largest Union despite an historic alignment with the communist party until the late 80s with 1/4 of the worker voting for them. Former Tankies, heavy defender of the workers.

_ CFDT (Confédération française démocratique du travail) who is historically a more "catholic" group (read right wing). More in line with what pass as union in Germany. Second largest union. Do their job relatively well if you can ignore the slightly more liberal political position. Splitted of from the original Confédération française des travailleurs chrétiens (CFTC) who was a full christian work ethic syndicate after members of the CFDT recognized the marxist concept of class warfare. It's just sometime it's not always clear what side they are on: mostly the side of their members anyway but still. Nowadays the second (or first depending on the way you count) union in France. Part of ETUC (European Trade Union Confederation).

_ FO (CGT-FO- Confédération générale du travail - Force Ouvriere ): originally a splitter group of the CGT over the "Muscow situation". Surprise: Trotskists weren't the most pro-Stalinian of the group so they had to split and start a rival union, not aligned with the PC. A giant sum of money did fall from the sky after ww2 to help them counter balance the CGT influence and start their own Union. Some claim it was a plane with C.I.A. written on its side but those slandering communist vipers are more likely bad people and enemies of Capital Invisible Army. Still, FO is a pretty solid union to protect your back.

_ CFTC (Confédération française des travailleurs chrétiens) is all about christian working ethic. Did not recognize "class warfare" as a thing that exists but did rejoin their more marxist splinter in the CFDT and both are part of ETUC (European Trade Union Confederation) those days. If you are so christian you need a christian union at work, i guess it's for you but honestly even CFDT sounds less terrible in term of practical support to the workers. Considered the "reformist pole" of the unions, read "giant liberal politic orgy".

_ CFE-CGC ( Confédération française de l'encadrement - Confédération générale des cadres) is part of CEC Euro Managers (also called "European confederation of executives & managers staff). Your hierarchy is mostly part of it if they are part of any union at all. Congrats if you can join them, you are either a successful class traitor or you weren't born in the working class.

In some industries and in the public function there are regional CGT/FO/CFDT alternative like SUD. I spare you the Teacher unions, i don't know enough to bitch about them.

Agnosticnixie posted:

I figure as long as enough people around sort of vaguely remember the catho right was hardcore collabo this might not happen whether the right uses laicite as an excuse for bullshit or not, but then again I was obviously dumb and wrong when I had trouble imagining Le Pen's polling with under-40s actually going up
Darling, the same loving small group of trash UMP deputies who made a law specifically to prevent muslims to pray in the street (because their praying room was damaged) went outside the parliament to pray in the street with a christian extremist group against the homosexual marriage. Like yes, everyone know they are loving hypocrites, no one ever forgot.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 17, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lmao what

https://twitter.com/chengela/status/1129145371198926852

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Which starving academic wouldn't agree to be photographed wearing some douchebag's shoes in exchange for several times their regular annual salary?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
One of sarkozy's sons is a rapper

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/m_lallouet/status/1129809284492144644

Llyd
Oct 9, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

My previous company almost folded from mismanagement, the CGT was pretty good at protecting our interests and keeping us updated. That's my limited personal anecdote

Toplowtech posted:

Your choices are amongst 5 groups mostly...

Thanks for the info and effort post.

Looks like I should aim for the CGT if available then.

Llyd fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 19, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
normal country

https://twitter.com/ParisPasRose/status/1130004398116134913

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Isn't Sarkozy's brother dating/married to one of the Olsen twins? They're fashion designers now.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Stellar Curiosity posted:

Isn't Sarkozy's brother dating/married to one of the Olsen twins? They're fashion designers now.
Yes his half-brother is married to Mary-Kate, thank you for reminding me of that factoid about the Sarkozy Family.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Someone went nuts in my train

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Toplowtech posted:

Yes his half-brother is married to Mary-Kate, thank you for reminding me of that factoid about the Sarkozy Family.

what the hell

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

what the hell

He was 46 and she was 29 when they married.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

Someone went nuts in my train

It's okay to deport people tho

e: ohh they plastered the bad opinion on the whole car :thumbsup:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

unpacked robinhood posted:

It's okay to deport people tho

:godwin:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/MuslimIndiscret/status/1130100904785567745

https://twitter.com/chapelledebout/status/1130083615390556160

hell yes

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 20, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bannon qui fait la tournée des médias, cool

https://twitter.com/ellensalvi/status/1130364641274675200

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

whoa i thought macron was supposed to be the non-fascist

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

whoa i thought macron was supposed to be the non-fascist

He's neoliberal, not fascist. The difference is very subtle and largely academic, though: fascists worship some sort of made-up ideal of the Nation, with the Leader as its prophet; whereas neoliberals worship instead the Invisible Hand of the Free Market, with tax dodgers as its prophets. For all practical purposes, this is only difference because they treat the people in the same way.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Cat Mattress posted:

fascists worship some sort of made-up ideal of the Nation, with the Leader as its prophet; whereas neoliberals worship instead the Invisible Hand of the Free Market, with tax dodgers as its prophets.

And Macron himself likes to invoke the former to hide the latter. For the same reason, he and his people have consistently pushed a narrative that refugees are welcome while ~economic migrants~ are not.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/JeanHugon3/status/1130505216867094531?s=19

Macron trying to save his partys awful campaign by giving an exclusive interview to a bunch of regional papers... The articles will be read by the elysee before publication lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I cant wait to see how this government reacts to a FN victory in the european elections lol (be more racist)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol if true

https://twitter.com/publicsenat/status/1130484962661036032?s=20