Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The Dancer ascensions delve pretty explicitly into what’s up with Sulochana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sulochana isn't the only one.

Though the other I've noticed hasn't turned up in the LP yet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i imagine the other one is there so that you don't get locked out of being able to repair mirrors

and yeah it's not just the Dancer expansion, if you do the newgame+ ascensions and have a decent eye for early Heart books then sulochana's connections are pretty explicit

e:

Is this taken posted:

The Church of the Bright Edge puts it best: they serve until death, or the resolution of strengths.

yeah edge is the loyalty of prison gangs i guess, but soldiers in an army aren't just hanging around until they can build up enough power to kill their sarge and take his position

one of the nice things about cultist sim's principles is that they're quite hard to sum up in the single words that define most videogame/RPG pantheons though

ee:

oh wait though you've got the whole Rebel striving thing as well. maybe i'm wrong then

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 10:31 on May 19, 2019

Zengetsu
Nov 7, 2011

Tehan posted:

If I had to guess I'd say that it's missing so that she couldn't get eaten by a rogue summon which would make heart/moth victories impossible, but who knows :tinfoil:

It is very, very much not that. At least not solely that. Sulochan is much more than she appears at an initial glance. What is known about Sulochan within the Cult Sim community is far more than we know about the other one though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

I really love this flavor text. "I remembered that I walk upright by day, and I know fire and steel and words." Chills.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
I backed this, and I love the writing.

I am apparently very bad at being a cultist. I managed to buy all the books at Morland's, and never figured out what to do with them once I had studied them.

:eng99:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Got my first win a couple hours ago thanks to this thread's inspiration :toot:

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Glazius posted:

I really love this flavor text. "I remembered that I walk upright by day, and I know fire and steel and words." Chills.

Yeah the flavour text is great, and that's kind of my beef with the game in general : you don't really get to read any. With Sunless X or Fallen London you had all the time in the world to bask in the writing, but not here.
When I played this I didn't get to read 3/4ths of the cards I was dealing with. Because as you go on you're spinning more and more plates with tighter and tighter time frames and it gives you this great, growing feeling of getting caught up in your crazy schemes and not being able to push down the brakes because this roller coaster of crazy don't stop. If your momentum stops and your inspirations wink out before you could use them to do cool poo poo and your skill upgrades time out juuust as you'd amassed enough of them to get one more passion you're just dead in the water as the negative cards pile up and *will* end up killing you (or at least that was my feeling).
And sure, you could pause the game at any time to think or read things, but then you break that whole tempo tempo tempo feel. There's really no adequate solution.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Automatically writing to a journal file would be pretty good, so you could review it when you're not actually playing, but yeah, its kind of a flaw at present

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Could we go over the other hunters at some point? Or, is there a place to read up, maybe get some strategies for dealing with them? I'm not going to start my own game anytime soon, but I do like the heroic antagonist thing.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Could we go over the other hunters at some point? Or, is there a place to read up, maybe get some strategies for dealing with them? I'm not going to start my own game anytime soon, but I do like the heroic antagonist thing.

I might dispose of the detective at some point so we can see someone new. If we do more than one playthrough others could be seen!

Update this evening!

Zengetsu
Nov 7, 2011

Reveilled posted:

I might dispose of the detective at some point so we can see someone new. If we do more than one playthrough others could be seen!

Update this evening!

Looking forward to it. The writing so far as been great. Just as a heads up, AK revealed a bit about an upcoming painting nerf coming with the new DLCs to the general game, so if you're still playing live while writing this up, you may have that incoming here in about a week.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Page 47+i

Dear Diary,

Another journey to The Wood. I think I am becoming more familiar with this place. Travelling tonight feels like wading through Moss. I found myself drawn to the Well, possibly an echo of worldly pleasures experienced before sleep. This time, the well was different, green of life instead of tears and blood, thrumming with energy and potential.

Page 48

This morning I found myself much energised by the throbbing hum of life. My heart beat in my chest, whether from infatuation or a more chaste impulse I can't say. I shared a long embrace with Cat as I left for work.

However, no more time on the tram for me. Heads turned this morning--I suppose it is unbecoming of a woman to be running for exercise in public. However, I suppose I no longer much care.

Incidentally, I neglected to mention last night (for, ah, obvious reasons) but I completed my study of Guildersleeve's shortly before the Mirror's last meeting and not a moment too soon. I resisted my urge to burn the foul tome upon completion, just barely.

I picked up another book on the way home, but decided on a more contemporary work as a respite from more ancient words.

Page 49

I'm finding that exercise is becoming easier. No more a chore, it is now routine, even fun. I think I'll start mixing weights in with the stretches and running.

Neville and Victor reported back tonight on their investigations. More Ancient Romans! But, I suppose once could scarcely ask for a more stereotypical place to keep forbidden lore than a secret chamber in a hidden temple to a mystery religion.

I considered for a time how best to approach our explorations. We have two leads for further mysteries, both houses of worship, one abandoned, one very much occupied. We are, at present, woefully unprepared to take any action at St Felix's, and the risks would be grave. By contrast, what harm could come from an empty tomb to a long-forgotten deity?

So resolved, I called for Neville at set him a task. He went ashen pale as I explained what the Mirror asked of him. "Alone?", he asked. I nodded, but I smiled at him with faith and confidence. "I know you can do this, Neville. I wouldn't ask if I didn't have faith." I handed over some of our funds, to purchase supplied. "You won't fail us. You won't fail me." He gulped, and took his leave.

Page 50

I feel now I must play a waiting game. Neville may be gone a few days as he investigates the complex below Walbrook. I am focused on my strengthening my body, long neglected in my years at school where I thought only of strengthening my mind.

As I lifted the weights, I felt a gentle hand trace my back, and run down to my stomach, where muscle and tight sinew has replaced soft fat. I returned the metal to the rack, and turned to embrace her.

Ours is not a mindless pleasure, of course. Afterward, our discussion naturally drifts to deeper mysteries.

Inspiration struck me as we lay together. I wanted to capture this moment, and Cat obliged me, sprawling on the couch.

Page 51

Victor invited me out this evening to pay a visit upon an ironmonger he had once frequented. As we entered the shop, a blast of heat struck me like a living flame. I've never been in an establishment so hot. Victor mentioned in low tones that the owner was renowned for the quality of her knives, which had been what had led him here before. Looking around at the walls, I could see evidence of the work, but other pieces on display hinted at the real reason Victor had suggested the visit.

Val extended her hand to me and I returned the shake. If not for my recent exercise I think I could have broken a bone in her firm grip.

As I looked over the esoteric pieces I spoke casually and gleefully of the meanings behind each one. My intent was to shock by describing a perfect stranger's dreams, to draw out the question I wanted. When Val asked, I grinned.

She has questions.

I have answers.

Page 52

Tonight, as I studied the book I bought a few days ago, there was a Knock on the door as it opened. Neville.

As he placed his findings on the table, I embraced him, and squeezed tightly. He flinched, of course, but I held on, until his arms circled me too. "I knew it, Neville." I said, "I knew you'd never fail me. I'm so proud of you. So, so proud." He blushed and murmured thanks. Then we turned to pick through the rewards.

First, a bizarre paint that almost blinded me when I opened the pot. In the dazzle of colours that danced in my eyes, potential swam. I think I will need to redouble my efforts to paint.

Second, a glowing stone. Cracked for now, but as I turned it in my hands, my mind considered how fortuitous it was to have met Val. Perhaps she could assist.

Last, something truly remarkable. An ancient relic of the Roman Emperor Elagabalus. Were it not from a supressed history, it could have pride of place in a museum, and we could sell it for a fortune. Briefly, I considered trying them on, but it occurred to me I was not certain I'd be able to remove them.

As we concluded our examinations, Neville mentioned that with the Mithraeum now empty, it could serve as a better hidden base of operations for us.

Good work, Neville. Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Mechanics Update 5

We didn't see a huge amount of new stuff this time around, but there's a few things worth considering for this update.

First up, Inductions. These have a chance of popping up whenever you use or gain cards that have certain aspects. So when we use a Heart-aspected card like Health or Vitality, or read a book with heart lore, there's a small chance of The Course of the Heart triggering. Each induction gives a different "reward", some good, some bad. The Heart Induction gives a free vitality card, which is always appreciated. Getting vitality and then this induction dream gave me a bunch of vitality pretty quickly and induced me to do the extra work to level up my Health.

This is the first time we've used Lessons Learnt to increase our stats. In order to get two lessons learnt, we needed to build up four vitality and study each pair to make a lesson. All in all a fairly significant time investment that tied up Study for a good while.

We also painted a portrait of Cat. I touched on this briefly in the second update, but let's discuss how painting works after you have a little practice.

Here's the high level picture: Each painting you make is graded on two scores: Quality and Popularity. Quality paintings give you more glimmering (helping you upgrade your paint skill), while Popular paintings give you more money.

So when we start painting, we drop our paint skill card into the work action. Then we are offered a choice of what to paint with. These "art or bread" slots allow us to choose between placing passion cards or reputation cards (mystique and notoriety). Passion increases the quality of the finished painting, while reputation increases popularity. Notoriety counts double for this, so if you're seeking to make a living out of painting, having at least some notoriety is really useful. Once we choose, the cards are locked inside the action, so we can also use painting to hide notoriety from a detective if they're investigating us during the season of suspicion. The timer won't go down, but we can slowly bleed off our notoriety by letting it run down while the detective is looking at a mystique card, and then shoving the notoriety into painting the moment he discards the mystique.

Next, we pick an inspiration, our muse. Here, I'm painting a portrait, which you can do with most humans. We can use this slot to paint an influence, which preserves it (except restlessness, which is converted to contentment). We can paint lores, which will give us notoriety, and summons which will do the same. Picking an inspiration increases quality, picking a lore or summon increases quality and popularity.

Then, it's paints. Adding money here will also increase quality. Alternatively, if we happened to acquire some special pigments, we can use them here.

That's all you can directly influence. There's a chance of getting bonus quality improvements randomly once that process completes (it's labelled "A good day" if it triggers, and can trigger more than once).

That done, the totals for both quality and popularity are totalled up and you receive your rewards: some combo of funds and mystique for popularity, and some combo of contentment, glimmering and mystique for quality.

Future Proofing

Many thanks to Zengetsu who kindly advised that Painting is about to change in the next update, so in the interests for future proofing, apparently the major difference between current painting and how it will work in future is that if you paint for popularity too much, your work will end up a bit passé and your work will stop selling. So you'll need to spend a while painting with passion instead to get better at painting and drop out of the public eye for a bit to make a rip-roaring comeback and make people want your paintings again. Basically your work gets more valuable if people worry you might be dead, I guess, just like real life!

This update we also found the forgotten Mithraeum, which is excellent. The mithraeum has some excellent rewards (which are fixed, unlike some other vaults which give random treasure), and it can be beaten by Knock, which one of our cultists possesses. I expected to have to wait a while gathering hirelings and such to take on the city vaults safely, but for the Mithraeum we're just going to jump right in.

Expeditions. To start an expedition, we Explore the Vault, and have to put in at least one follower and at least one Funds. The description on the left hints at what sort of followers might be needed. Normally exploring a vault carries a risk of injury or even death to the cultists (and sometimes to you too), but the description here says it's probably not dangerous so I figured, eh, let's send Neville and see what happens.

Expeditions take aaaaages, as the game goes through a cycle of approach vault -> approach obstacle -> tackle obstacle -> defeat obstacle -> approach next obstacle in a strict progression until you get to the end. At each juncture you have the option of adding more funds or followers/hirelings.

Whenever the expedition encounters an obstacle, they use one funds and their lore aspect to try to overcome it. Most obstacles have two ways of being overcome. This vault has a "hidden door" which can be overcome with knock or lantern. Your followers totals are added up and the amount they have determines the chance of success. Neville's just a believer, so he has a low chance of success, but there's no real risk with a hidden door so we can keep trying until we succeed. Incidentally you can't mix lores for this, so while the door can be found with Knock or Lantern, Knock and Lantern doesn't help, which is why Neville doesn't have Cat helping him. If we had another knock follower, they could work together on the problem.

Surprisingly, though, Nevile succeeded on his first try! Great job Neville!

And here's our rewards. What we have here are some ingredients and tools.

These Elagabaline Manacles are winter aspected. Winter is the silence of the grave. Deathly, Decayed, Remorseless silence. Many rituals have a slot for a tool, and their main use is to provide some amount of their specific aspect to the proceedings. You can also give tools as gifts to followers to increase their aspects. These manacles, like several other bits of the lore, reference the Roman Emperor Elagabalus, who was the penultimate Roman Emperor before the Crisis of the Third Century. He attempted to impose the cult of Sol Invictus on the Roman Empire as its sole religion and caused outrage by marrying a Vestal Virgin. According to ancient historians he also openly wished he had been born a woman and dressed up as one to prostitute himself out to men in the Imperial Palace. Given that he was massively pissing off Roman high society with this henotheism thing, it's unclear how much of the sex stuff is actually true.

The Noonstone can be repaired by a forge follower, so it's awesome that we lucked out and got Val around the same time. We'll be fixing the noonstone right away. We can use it to level up followers, as the initiation rite has a slot for tools.

And the Refulgin is the "special pigment" I spoke of before. Once we level up our painting, we can paint with lantern lore and this pigment to make something very special.

Finally today, we're making preparations to move our headquarters to the now Empty Mithraeum, which I'll cover next time, but if you live in London, you don't need to wait! Several decades after its use as a hideout for cultists, the Forgotten Mithraeum was uncovered during construction work in 1954. Entry to the former headquarters of the Mirror of Glory is free, easily accessible from Cannon Street station, and in the vicinity of several nice restaurants in Bloomberg Arcade. It's just across from the Starbucks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean given the Bloomberg connection it's probably grail-themed in this history

vetinari100
Nov 8, 2009

> Make her pay.

Reveilled posted:

The mithraeum has some excellent rewards (which are fixed, unlike some other vaults which give random treasure).

As far as I know, all rewards from vaults (except the repeatable ones) are now fixed. Also, there was a snippet of text you missed, just after defeating the obstacle:

Forgotten Mithraeum posted:

A lonely space, musty with the memory of blood. We have found the hidden door that the highest grades of initiate used.

Taberquol
Jun 16, 2012

Thanks for doing an LP of this! I loved the writing and the longing in this game when I played it last year.

I did uninstall this game after I got stuck in the woods due to a bug in one playthrough, and couldn't clear menaces fast enough in another playthrough that lasted 20 hours. It might have been better if I didn't focus on spinning plates so long and had my cultists die a mercifully quick death instead of dragging on.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Those manacles let you pull in a really powerful summon. I love them.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

"Latin. A dead language: dead as diamonds." That is some really great writing.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
How the christ do you place the card container?

edit never mind it starts placed after the first action you do, thats new

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Reveilled posted:

These manacles, like several other bits of the lore, reference the Roman Emperor Elagabalus, who was the penultimate Roman Emperor before the Crisis of the Third Century. He attempted to impose the cult of Sol Invictus on the Roman Empire as its sole religion and caused outrage by marrying a Vestal Virgin. According to ancient historians he also openly wished he had been born a woman and dressed up as one to prostitute himself out to men in the Imperial Palace. Given that he was massively pissing off Roman high society with this henotheism thing, it's unclear how much of the sex stuff is actually true.

"Weird sex stuff" in the Roman Empire is basically the historian's way of saying "I disliked this guy". Nero, Caligula, Commodus and Caracalla, to name a few, were accused of sexual deviance.

Women got the "evil mother in law who plotted to assassinate everyone" trope, in addition to the sex stuff.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Fat Samurai posted:

"Weird sex stuff" in the Roman Empire is basically the historian's way of saying "I disliked this guy". Nero, Caligula, Commodus and Caracalla, to name a few, were accused of sexual deviance.

Women got the "evil mother in law who plotted to assassinate everyone" trope, in addition to the sex stuff.

Yeah, that my take on it too, pretty much, but I didn’t really want to go out on a limb and say it didn’t happen when my expertise on the Roman Empire is limited to The History of Rome podcast and video games.

Still, in the Secret Histories, who can say what is or is not true?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Fat Samurai posted:

All the truer in this case that Romans had a macho view of homosexuality : loving someone up the arse was fine and good, but being the recipient or engaging in fellatio was weak and womanly and the worst humiliation a Strong Roman Man could be dealt. Greeks and Vikings/Germans shared those views.
So "dressed like a woman, sucked people off in the palace" is pretty much accusing him of being the lowest possible human (male) being, the worst kind of transgression you could possibly imagine a dude doing. Since he'd already transgressed by marrying a Vestal, you can clearly see the "he who'd steal an egg would steal an ox" train of thought there as well.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Manacles and Neville already?

:discourse:

TO THE AUCTION HOUSE

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Wow even sidestepping the traditional "buff your stats for a while before opening that first occult package" phase, this game fell into place pretty quick!

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Those manacles let you pull in a really powerful summon. I love them.

Two, in fact. And they're both very nice and extremely useful, although the other may need to wait a bit longer.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can also get a third, moderately poo poo summon that everyone forgets about, but, assuming you're not putting neville to work, can be obtained by working out a couple times and thinking real hard about the results

otherwise i guess you need some bookshop help

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I bounced off this game a few times because I was told to go in completely blind and couldn't even manage to find a follower or start a cult. Now I think I have a better idea what to do, which is good bc I bought the game right away so I've got the perpetual dlc version.

Zengetsu
Nov 7, 2011

PetraCore posted:

I bounced off this game a few times because I was told to go in completely blind and couldn't even manage to find a follower or start a cult. Now I think I have a better idea what to do, which is good bc I bought the game right away so I've got the perpetual dlc version.

I've generally found the best suggestion for this game has been to go in blind, but when you feel like you're just spinning your wheels, to look up up something. It's one thing to be kinda stone-walled and feel like you're still having fun experimenting with how to get past it. However, the game is pretty obtuse at times, and it's fairly easy to get stuck in a rut where you don't really feel like you're leaning anything nor are you making any progress. Especially if you're a relatively conservative player.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Weirdly enough, painting is the one thing in this game that feels the most mysterious and beyond my control. I suppose that might be appropriate?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Zengetsu posted:

I've generally found the best suggestion for this game has been to go in blind, but when you feel like you're just spinning your wheels, to look up up something. It's one thing to be kinda stone-walled and feel like you're still having fun experimenting with how to get past it. However, the game is pretty obtuse at times, and it's fairly easy to get stuck in a rut where you don't really feel like you're leaning anything nor are you making any progress. Especially if you're a relatively conservative player.
Yeah, I'm fine doing a lot blind but I fell into the conservative trap and then worked a lot and then stopped working and got sick and in the meantime nothing really WEIRD was happening.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Page 53

Dear Diary,

I awoke this morning to find my pillow coated in blood. Apparently my dream last night triggered a truly staggering nosebleed. Perhaps as I had no wounds from which to express this influence, the Mansus kindly provided one for me.

Maybe no further trips to the Temple, until I can buy some pillow protectors.

In any case, today I received definite confirmation an investigation is being launched against me. Apparently that meddlesome detective called The Director and started asking questions about my patients. Worrying.

As such, I've stepped up our efforts to move our headquarters to the Mithraeum. Once we're out of my dining room, some chains of evidence will be harder to follow back to me.

I dwelled briefly on the irony of establishing a cult of light in an underground chamber sealed off from the Sun. But soon we'll have all the Light we need.

Page 54

I spoke to Valciane today about the cracked Noonstone. She held the object with reverance, inspecting it excruciating detail. Where previously she had herself made only reflections of the hidden truths, now here was an artificed embodiment of them. I supplied to her the funds she needed to effect its repair.

Eager to make use of the paint Neville acquired for me, I have redoubled my efforts into painting. I paint almost every day now, slowly strengthening my imagination to the point where I might make use of the paint.

The paintings sell well enough, which is nice, and I seem to be making a name for myself in the art world.

Which has its downsides.

Page 55

Valciane brought the noonstone today. It shone with burning intensity as I held it in my hand, staring into its light until my vision swam. I thanked Valciane for her help, and assured her I would soon have more to show her. But for now, I needed to show this to someone else.

Our initiation ritual takes place at dawn, but with this artefact, the rituals I had prepared for dusk can finally be completed. Of course, the stone itself is not enough. The supplicant too must also possess a certain brilliance.

In the darkness of the mithraeum, in a chamber deep underground: The Sun Shone. Cat lay on the altar as I placed the stone on her forehead. She screamed as the Light forced its way through her eyelids, through her eyes and into her soul.

As the glow dissipated, she looked at me through eyes tinged silver, and then collapsed into my arms.

Page 56

My painting continues, but a little poetry is also helping to focus my mind, as I divide my time between the paint and the pen.

In addition to the Skeleton Songs, I am reading more or less anything I can to stir emotion.

I've been finding human emotion a little harder these last few days as I dwell on what could be. I feel a dark cloud on the horizon.

Page 57

I had a disturbing dream last night. Not a Mansus-dream, something different, prophetic. There's a dark presence on its way to me, quiet and opressive as the grave itself. It sends chills down my spine.

I was planning to spend today recruiting, but that dark feeling would not abate. So rather than a day spent talking and projecting mysteriousness, instead I found myself in a pub, sitting in silence, staring into a drink.

Someone sat down at my table, and that wave of dread overtook me once more. I was almost scared to look up, expecting to see someone from the suppression bureau with a warrant and handcuffs and a polite threat to come quietly. But that was not who was sitting opposite.

Instead, a woman or a corpse. Pale skin, near-blue lips, and cold dead eyes that stared back at me. We stared at each other for a time, longer than would be uncomfortable, longer than could be agression or attraction.

Finally, she nodded, as if I had given a speech. "I accept."

I decided to be economical with my own words, and performed the rituals in silence. Mostly I just felt relieved.

Page 58

My focus on painting has reaped rewards. I doubt I will find it easy to improve my technique much further.

I think it's time to paint my masterpiece.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
No mechanics update this time as this is a sort of double update with the next part in a day or two, and I'll have a single mechanics update to cover the new stuff that happened here (not much) and the new stuff from the next update (much much).

For now suffice it to say that the process of levelling painting is arduous and truncated a fair bit in this update for brevity's sake, and all the stuff that was happening alongside the painting grind will show up next time.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Following this with great interest. Even though I comprehend maybe 20% of it.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

quote:

This is such a great line holy poo poo.

Zengetsu
Nov 7, 2011

Bellmaker posted:

This is such a great line holy poo poo.

If nothing else, Alexis Kennedy is really loving good at micro prose.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Reveilled posted:

I decided to be economical with my own words, and performed the rituals in silence. Mostly I just felt relieved.

What does using Dread as the Trappings do here? Does it consume the dread?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

What does using Dread as the Trappings do here? Does it consume the dread?

Yes. Influences and Ingredients used as Trappings are consumed. Which can be a handy trick.

Once repaired the Moonstone becomes a Tool (knife symbol) and thus is not.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Tylana posted:

Yes. Influences and Ingredients used as Trappings are consumed. Which can be a handy trick.

Hang on, you can use tools without consuming it? God drat, that would've been nice to know before I started this run...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vetinari100
Nov 8, 2009

> Make her pay.

Tylana posted:

Also Dread is itself a lvl 2 Edge Influence. If you have an Edge cult, you can promote people with it.