Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

drat. The Skyward Sword any% record was on 4h50. Then, by applying a glitch called "reverse bitmagic"*, gymnast86 did a very casual run earlier this week bringing it down to 4h17.

And he did another run yesterday, putting it on 3h53. It'll probably go down further after a few months of optimizing this run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLhuBrtEiw

* BiT = back in time, meaning you can get control of Link while on the title screen. This could already be used in a couple ways such as "BiT warps" where your location in Title Screen Skyloft would be transferred to certain places in other maps. Reverse bitmagic is a way to set flags in BiT Skyloft that then get transferred to other maps. This includes stuff like unlocked doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
wouldn't reverse back in time magic just be like forward in time magic

this is reverse right side skip all over again

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the reverse full halfie

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DACK FAYDEN posted:

wouldn't reverse back in time magic just be like forward in time magic

this is reverse right side skip all over again

It's not the back in time that's reversed, it's the magic.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
the magic reverse right double half a-press :prepop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

802.11weed posted:

the magic reverse right double half a-press :prepop:
you can't have a double half a-press

something something

signed Henry or whatever that moron was who didn't believe in half a presses

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

I wonder if that Skyward Sword glitch will finally make Twlight Princess rise to the top of the Worst Zelda Runs To Watch pile.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

BaconCopter posted:

I wonder if that Skyward Sword glitch will finally make Twlight Princess rise to the top of the Worst Zelda Runs To Watch pile.

When the DS games exist? Doubtful.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Spirit Tracks is pretty horrible, I'll give you that one. At least LBW has crazy wall/ceiling clips.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Pharohman777 posted:

The lunar dragon song run at rpg limit break is great to watch with twitch chat.

Like, the reactions alone in chat to how horrible everything about it is makes the run that much better.

I was stream tech for that thing, watching vulajin and the donations team practically choke laughing at the un-announceable donations during the deuces section was amazing, nobody in the room could breathe, meanwhile highspirits was just going ??? the whole time at the noise behind him

I'm definitely going again next year, even if it's taken me a full week to recover, lol

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The lunar dragon song speedrun pretty much cements the game as even worse than denstsu no kusoge.

Lunar dragon song has tons of lovely gameplay and story ideas, and successfully executes them all, so everyone is forced to slog through it.

Hoshi wo miru hito at least is poorly programmed enough that you can bypass lots of poo poo design in an entertaining way.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1130275804926087169?s=19

A new indie game came out and I have been having a rare glimpse of fun scoping out how loving absurd the movement can be pushed

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bare bottom pancakes posted:

phantom hourglass is actually pretty chill

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1130275804926087169?s=19

A new indie game came out and I have been having a rare glimpse of fun scoping out how loving absurd the movement can be pushed

Fart the decrepit fester: Poo.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

you can't have a double half a-press

something something

signed Henry or whatever that moron was who didn't believe in half a presses

I was unable to read or process this post because it is not in the Pastebin format

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Dragon Song run excerpt.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingAmusedJalapenoTF2John

The poor donation reader can barely hold it together.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Completithon is live here, schedule here. My run is tomorrow night at 7:30 EST, whee.

Edit: and they're down for tech issues already. Lollin.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 22, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if i ever made a game the funnest part would be seeing how speedrunners break it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That's unfortunately not a great time for me :(

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Yes, the rumours were true. I am, in fact, the 17th best Startropics player in the world. Whatup :smug:

Seriously though, I took a long break from the game and was incredibly rusty, but the guy right below me in the leaderboard (I was 19th) almost beat my time one night so I practiced a few runs and got a PB by a minute. This run is sloppy as gently caress and if anybody wants a free leaderboard time learn this game, it's super easy to get into the top twenty-ish.

I feel like I have to keep grinding it now, because of how terrible this run was and it was still a PB. My sum of best puts me at 7th place, and is three minutes better than this one, so it shouldn't be TOO hard to break into the top ten or so.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
My Completithon run went pretty well! I hosed up the most important trick of the run which happened to be in the last level and made the run incompletable, but I think I handled it well and played through until the end anyway. I wasn't expecting having to carry the run on my own commentary and my nerves were pretty high, but I'm also pretty happy with how it turned out.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ya did good, bud.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Hobojim posted:

Yes, the rumours were true. I am, in fact, the 17th best Startropics player in the world. Whatup :smug:

Seriously though, I took a long break from the game and was incredibly rusty, but the guy right below me in the leaderboard (I was 19th) almost beat my time one night so I practiced a few runs and got a PB by a minute. This run is sloppy as gently caress and if anybody wants a free leaderboard time learn this game, it's super easy to get into the top twenty-ish.

I feel like I have to keep grinding it now, because of how terrible this run was and it was still a PB. My sum of best puts me at 7th place, and is three minutes better than this one, so it shouldn't be TOO hard to break into the top ten or so.

Nice work! That run gets very rude and sub 1:10 is definitely big kid pants time.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Boogalo posted:

Nice work! That run gets very rude and sub 1:10 is definitely big kid pants time.

Thanks! Yeah, the real run killers are at about a half-hour and an hour in. It gets sad to lose a ton of runs right at the end, but that's speedrunning for you I guess.

With how terrible the first half of the game went, I wouldn't be surprised if I could beat the time even with dying a couple of times near the end. Now I'm kind of embarassed at having that be my PB and having people watch it for verification, so that's KIND OF like motivation to do better runs at least!

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Double post, but Anime North is happening in Toronto this weekend, and a local speedrunning guy is running a fighting game tournament and a speedrunning marathon all weekend, to be streamed here.

Schedule here.

It's called Games Finished Adequately and it's local speedrunners from the area. ProtoMagicalGirl will be there but not running anything, probably on the mic though.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hobojim posted:

Double post, but Anime North is happening in Toronto this weekend, and a local speedrunning guy is running a fighting game tournament and a speedrunning marathon all weekend, to be streamed here.

Schedule here.

It's called Games Finished Adequately and it's local speedrunners from the area. ProtoMagicalGirl will be there but not running anything, probably on the mic though.

Huh, I'm kinda interested in seeing how FFXIV 2.0 Dungeons Red Mage will go.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah PMG dropped speedrunning to play ff14 full time now (started as a joke and is 100% true now lmao)

They still do organizing work with speedruns Rochester and PUWP tho. I tried the whole "just do organizing" thing but if Im not careful I just start timing playthroughs of games like an instinct.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
One of my friends and fellow BM speedrunners has hit a rough patch lately and is running a marathon on his channel this weekend to try and smooth things over financially. I'll be running BM1 tomorrow evening:

https://horaro.org/skavthon/schedule

It's already live, currently somebody running through Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

UraniumAnchor posted:

One of my friends and fellow BM speedrunners has hit a rough patch lately and is running a marathon on his channel this weekend to try and smooth things over financially. I'll be running BM1 tomorrow evening:

It's already live, currently somebody running through Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

What's BM

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Hobojim posted:

What's BM

Master Blaster

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bowel movement

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

UraniumAnchor posted:

Yeah after that iPad and Tony Hawk HD trash fire from Toronto I'm ready for good game speedruns.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I speedrun bowel movements at work on my lunch break all the time. I've gotten it down to the two-wipe achievement.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Not doing the wipe skip smdh.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Former Human posted:

I speedrun bowel movements at work on my lunch break all the time. I've gotten it down to the two-wipe achievement.

always poo poo on the clock

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SeXReX posted:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao if your boss has you trained like an animal to frantically poo poo during the one time of the day you're supposed to have to yourself to relax

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I eat a lot of fiber ok

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SeXReX posted:

Recite the mantra

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 26, 2019

Adbot