Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

AceOfFlames posted:

Another great ep of the Gleep Glossary, and what a great song to end on.

I distinctly remember reading some illustrated guide to characters as a kid, and it said the rodian friend Anakin had in Phantom Menace was NOT Greedo but some other rodian.

Gonna look up the official canon rn

Okay official canon right now is that the child Rodian WAS Greedo, okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The prequels aren't canon.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

clown shoes posted:

Nothing is canon if you have a strong imagination!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

AceOfFlames posted:

Another great ep of the Gleep Glossary, and what a great song to end on.

Every single detail about that ending was amazing. We began Lynchian, we ended Lynchian.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Nothing is canon if you have a strong imagination!

Or the opposite which is why Eric kissing all the cantina gleep glops is pure canon.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I distinctly remember reading some illustrated guide to characters as a kid, and it said the rodian friend Anakin had in Phantom Menace was NOT Greedo but some other rodian.

Gonna look up the official canon rn

Okay official canon right now is that the child Rodian WAS Greedo, okay

It comes up in a deleted scene. The Rodian kid is fighting another kid, and someone breaks it up, saying something like, “You better watch out Greedo, or you’ll meet a messy end.” Somehow either George Lucas had a rare moment of restraint, or someone talked him out of keeping that terrible moment in. Since it’s a deleted scene, it’s not canon, but there’s no reason he can’t be Greedo, I guess.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

It comes up in a deleted scene. The Rodian kid is fighting another kid, and someone breaks it up, saying something like, “You better watch out Greedo, or you’ll meet a messy end.” Somehow either George Lucas had a rare moment of restraint, or someone talked him out of keeping that terrible moment in. Since it’s a deleted scene, it’s not canon, but there’s no reason he can’t be Greedo, I guess.

Wasn't Anakin the kid he fought?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

Wasn't Anakin the kid he fought?

I think so? I couldn’t remember for sure, so I didn’t mention that part.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

clown shoes posted:

Please don’t tease me like that, my heart can’t take it.

Let’s start a petition to make Disney redo the prequels like those whiney, sadness-covered babies did for The Last Jedi

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

enigmahfc posted:

Let’s start a petition to make Disney redo the prequels like those whiney, sadness-covered babies did for The Last Jedi

Or, y’know, we could not do that.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

The prequels are just as canon as you want them to be, because All the movies are works of fiction and the events didn't actually happen

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thrawn527 posted:

Or, y’know, we could not do that.

......I wasn't serious.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

enigmahfc posted:

Apparently media can't just be something that you didn't love wholeheartedly anymore. If it doesn't spark joy in you, you've got to sign a petition demanding that someone spend several hundred million dollars to make your fan edit instead. Also there's got to be some idiotic talk about expectation subversion either being too much or not enough.

Because as we all know fan films are always fantastic and never dumber than the dumbest poo poo the industry churns out.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Remind me what episode is the buddy brigade in

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Calaveron posted:

Remind me what episode is the buddy brigade in

Going off description, appears to be 408 Prince of Persia.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah it was in Prince of Persia

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Just now had the time to catch up with this months patreon episode , " Serinity" , and it quickly became one of my all time favorites. There is a particular 10 minutes stretch in the middle when they all do non stop impersonations of Jason Clarke character explaining how he is history greatest monster that absolutely killed me .

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Still thinking about 'Brokeback Moontain" and chuckling

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That ad break in this week's episode sure was jarring.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

That ad break in this week's episode sure was jarring.

Yeah, I thought something was wrong and it had jumped to something else. I get they need ads, they need to make money, I subscribe to the patreon, fully support them, yada yada. But this really threw me. They're usually more subtle in their transition than that.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1130058593896738816

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Huey, Dewey and Louie showing up automatically elevates this episode.

nokiddin
Apr 29, 2008
I didn't get any ads in the episode?

Weird..

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I thought something was wrong and it had jumped to something else. I get they need ads, they need to make money, I subscribe to the patreon, fully support them, yada yada. But this really threw me. They're usually more subtle in their transition than that.

Most podcasts I listen to that have ads will have a music intro/outro like they did before. I wonder if Headgum made them stop doing that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

nokiddin posted:

I didn't get any ads in the episode?

Weird..

Weird indeed. It really was jarring. The guys were talking, and then, with no warning, a woman was talking about some game where you are sent murder photos and details and you try to solve it? I was confused so I didn't really catch most of the details. No music intro, outro, or in the background.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

thrawn527 posted:

Weird indeed. It really was jarring. The guys were talking, and then, with no warning, a woman was talking about some game where you are sent murder photos and details and you try to solve it? I was confused so I didn't really catch most of the details. No music intro, outro, or in the background.

Yeah I got that too. It was bizarre.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I didn't get any ads other then them plugging the show in Chicago

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Iron Crowned posted:

Same

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Just to make sure, you've finished the episode, right? Or at least halfway through? This was in the first half, but not right at the beginning. Like, it was while they were well into talking about the episode.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I didn't get any ads either. Maybe it has to do with how you listen to the episode? I download the episodes directly from the whm site.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The same sort of ad happened to me last week. Just very suddenly cut to a guy talking about...something, I didn't pay attention (so good going, ad); but i seriously thought I had hit skip on my phone and this was an ad at the front of a different podcast that was about to start.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Hey WHM patrons you better vote for Independence Day as the next commentary

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Andorra posted:

I didn't get any ads either. Maybe it has to do with how you listen to the episode? I download the episodes directly from the whm site.

I had mine automatically downloaded by the Podcast Addict app.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I had the ad and I use Overcast, and it had already downloaded.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

If you're using a third party app for podcasts, they likely inject their own ads in addition to any ads built into the episode.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

If you're using a third party app for podcasts, they likely inject their own ads in addition to any ads built into the episode.

Overcast for sure does not do that, unless they literally started today. I’ve been using it for years.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, I also got the same ad with a completely different app. Its way more likely to be a Headgum thing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, I use Pocket Casts and they never do that. Maybe if you're using a lovely free 3rd party podcast app, they'd do something like that, but I've never experienced that in any of the paid podcast apps I've ever used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I use Podcast Addict, downloaded the episode, and am 1h13m into the episode. I have not heard anything but the guys.