Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bruno tried to pull an Okuyasu and come back to life, but Giorno just isn't as good at healing as Crazy Diamond.

Not that it stopped Bruno from coming back anyway.

The only thing I can think of is that, while a healing stand could help heal someone's body or give it life, the soul is bound by fate.

Old Joseph and Okuyasu were not fated to die yet (Okuyasu even has that moment where his brother tells him to find his own way now), but Bruno seems to be in a race against time, and Josuke's grandpa back in part 4, his time was probably up despite getting healed so fast (he also wasn't stand user tough).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

King Crimson skipped over the part where Buccirati died, leaving only the consequence of him being a corpse. So he could still be healed enough to run around.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tunicate posted:

King Crimson skipped over the part where Buccirati died, leaving only the consequence of him being a corpse. So he could still be healed enough to run around.

this would make sense

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

That...makes enough sense that it's my understanding of how Bucciarati's resurrection works now unless there is further explanation later in this arc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he's too sexy to die

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Then why did DIO die?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tir McDohl posted:

That...makes enough sense that it's my understanding of how Bucciarati's resurrection works now unless there is further explanation later in this arc.

That's what i thought happened when i read the manga but it's apparently not true. it can go in my headcanon with stuff like Bites the Dust making sense because it's a play on the phrase 'time bomb'.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

YggiDee posted:

Then why did DIO die?

You can't be sexy after Jotaro repeatedly punches you in the face.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He wasn't killed in the skipped time so I don't think that theory really works anymore.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm assuming the theory people have on that is:

- Bruno is dying as he leaves Diavolo behind.
- Bruno and Trish collapse on the floor and are found by Giorno.
- Diavolo skips time in order to climb on the pillar, maybe? Given that neither Bruno nor Trish are moving much this goes unnoticed by Giorno.
- Bruno "dies" during this skip.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Secco explained it this episode. Bruno is basically Notorious B.I.G.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bucciarati died right as Giorno was pumping him full of life energy and his will was strong enough that his spirit went back into his body or whatever. You can see the latter happen.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah my understanding is that Giorno shocked him back to life and Bruno is kinda just piloting his corpse around with gio's energy acting like a battery.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Gold Experience healed Bruno and since then Bruno's been damage-reflecting death.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Bruno is just running on pure resolve

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

This album is dedicated to all the capos that told me I'd never amount to nothin'
To all the people living in the buildings I was hustling in front of
And called the polizia on me when I was just trying to make money to feed my 4-5 kids and turtle

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

YggiDee posted:

Then why did DIO die?
He was repeatedly injured to the point of weakening his natural regenerative powers, which while substantial were not without limits, and was then disabled by a single massive counterstrike which was enough to disable him for a period of time, allowing Jotaro and the Speedwagon goons to show him the sun He pissed Jotaro off

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Accordion Man posted:

Bruno is just running on pure resolve

it's this and it's basically always been this

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
It's kinda strange people keep trying to find a logical explanation for Bucciarati when the supernatural has always been a thing in JoJo. We've had zombies and ghosts, why is someone refusing to die so that he can accomplish one final task that much weirder for people?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
it’s also insanely cool so there’s no reason to think about why Bruno is still alive

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I thought it was pretty clear what happened to Bruno? He straight up said it. His body's got Giorno juice in it and it's the only thing keeping him moving despite his body being dead. On that note of Giorno being bullshit I'm really happy he got to have a cool moment where he did something that made perfect sense with how his powers were originally pitched. He grew some poo poo, good man

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'd say the main thing that was confusing about the whole thing was the scene where he came back to life. He's on the ground dead, Giorno is over him trying to save him, and Bucciarati's ghost is above him, saying he needs to get away. Then there's just an abrupt cut of Bucciarati getting up and the episode continues. There's no real transition from Ghost -> Alive at all, so it feels like Bucciarati didn't even complete a whole thought before deciding to get back up or whatever.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Momomo posted:

I'd say the main thing that was confusing about the whole thing was the scene where he came back to life. He's on the ground dead, Giorno is over him trying to save him, and Bucciarati's ghost is above him, saying he needs to get away. Then there's just an abrupt cut of Bucciarati getting up and the episode continues. There's no real transition from Ghost -> Alive at all

And what causes abrupt cuts? King Crimson, case closed.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The way Bruno used his stand in this episode (his arm sortof transformed into it) did make it look kindof like his stand was "possessing" him, BIG style.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I hope that Bruno unzips oasis at some point. He's got a zipper stand and the dude's in a full suit! It has to happen, right??

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Buccellati was too stupid to die.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

I hope that Bruno unzips oasis at some point. He's got a zipper stand and the dude's in a full suit! It has to happen, right??

the stand is the suit

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Astus posted:

It's kinda strange people keep trying to find a logical explanation for Bucciarati when the supernatural has always been a thing in JoJo. We've had zombies and ghosts, why is someone refusing to die so that he can accomplish one final task that much weirder for people?

I really kinda dislike the common theme of shutting down theorizing about how things work in Jojo's. While not everything can be cleanly explained, there is usually some internal logic and it's fun to discuss. But constantly posts where it's like "it's cool, who cares" are in fashion for some reason, usually by the manga readers. Look, even with no clean explanation I'm not going to like the show less. I don't think anyone here has a problem with it who is still following Jojo's week to week. It's a great series, regardless of not everything being spelled out.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 19, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If anyone is wondering why Secco isn't affected by Green Day, it's because the mold doesn't grow on stands and Secco wears his as a suit.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tir McDohl posted:

I really kinda dislike the common theme of shutting down theorizing about how things work in Jojo's. While not everything can be cleanly explained, there is usually some internal logic and it's fun to discuss. But constantly posts where it's like "it's cool, who cares" are in fashion for some reason, usually by the manga readers. Look, even with no clean explanation I'm not going to like the show less. I don't think anyone here has a problem with it who is still following Jojo's week to week. It's a great series, regardless of not everything being spelled out.

in the specific case of bruno it's pretty explicitly said, to be fair. like, there's an entire conversation.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

RatHat posted:

If anyone is wondering why Secco isn't affected by Green Day, it's because the mold doesn't grow on stands and Secco wears his as a suit.

It's because he's immune to it, like a brick

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Giorno and Mista share a lot of intimate moments this series, huh? Them shooting the gun together is the best shot of this episode :allears: Also I like that we're back to Gold Experience growing trees, this is exactly what I thought Giorno should do once the helicopter appeared. Can't wait for next week.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
yoshiyoshiyoshiyoshiyosh :3:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Using my Stand, Golde Experinche ee will grow a tree...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kikas posted:

Giorno and Mista share a lot of intimate moments this series, huh?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Green Day reminds me of a creepypasta I once read about cordyceps.

Also, I like that Giorno is actually getting pissed off about the civilian casualties. Given that he tricked Polpo into eating a bullet for the death of that old man near the beginning, I can't wait to see how badly him and Mista are going to wreck Cioccolatta. :allears:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I've always vaguely known about jojo since that capcom fighting game adaptation way back, but i never really cared for it. Mostly because it was all in japanese and i didn't understand a drat thing on the emulator.

Anyways I figured now's as good a time as any. I just binged watched all of Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, and I'm up to the Steely Dan episode in Stardust Crusader.

This is my loving jam. I think the moment i was in was when the man introduced himself as R.E.O Speedwagon. "No loving way, are you for real right now?"

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 20, 2019

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Fargin Icehole posted:

This is my loving jam. I think the moment i was in was when the man introduced himself as R.E.O Speedwagon. "No loving way, are you for real right now?"

Welcome to the family.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fargin Icehole posted:

I've always vaguely known about jojo since that capcom fighting game adaptation way back, but i never really cared for it. Mostly because it was all in japanese and i didn't understand a drat thing on the emulator.

Anyways I figured now's as good a time as any. I just binged watched all of Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, and I'm up to the Steely Dan episode in Stardust Crusader.

i know it gets said a lot about poo poo in general but that's not even the beginning in the least when it comes to the series going directions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kikas posted:

Giorno and Mista share a lot of intimate moments this series, huh? Them shooting the gun together is the best shot of this episode :allears: Also I like that we're back to Gold Experience growing trees, this is exactly what I thought Giorno should do once the helicopter appeared. Can't wait for next week.

In the manga Mista’s hand is going slightly down his pants

And Araki claims he doesn’t intentionally make it gay smh