Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Only redeeming part of the episode

sansa being Queen in the North is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zocio
Nov 3, 2011
Podrick is going to deny the world his abilities, truly a shitdick flavored bittersweet ending.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO holy poo poo the REAL Game of Thrones actually did turn out to be the friends we made along the way.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Nailed the finale imo
https://youtu.be/SJPLnuYNA6A

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm glad we got confirmation that bran's dick doesn't work.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

What a waste of the better part of 20 years

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
see what was really powerful in this episode was when drogon burned the throne because really that was the symbol of the game of thrones, you see with the death of dany

drogon was so hurt he wanted to stop the game of thrones and thus he burned the throne so that jon would not die in the game of thrones

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Fuckin King Bran.

Also lol at the Dothraki just riding off into the sunset and disappearing, Dany randomly becoming WORLD CONQUERER, the forerunner of Parliament,etc.

Also I legitimately thought Brienne was going to write that Jaime killed the mad king to save Kings Landing but that would require D&D to not be poo poo.

Also Drogon burning the Iron Throne was hilarious, but has he ever been shown to be anything but a weapon?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Getting all 4 major characters with missing or nonfunctional dicks in one place proved to be the key to victory.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

King Bran ain't loving nothing. Some might say that's the point of King Bran.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Hats of to George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, the greatest shaggy dog story ever told.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Bran the Builder of Consensus.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
also lol bran engineered a genocide and used his brother/cousin as a pawn and discarded him purely to win absolute power over everyone who survived holy poo poo

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
seriously why didnt they even have a throwaway line about succession of bran is he gona live forever because hes the three eyed raven

how is having no heir a good thing

is the power vaccum when he dies just going to magic itself away

if literally everyone hates cripples, dwarfs and bastards why would people accept a cripple as king

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Which primary candidate is Bran?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

YaketySass posted:

Which primary candidate is Bran?

mike gravel

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Iverron posted:

What a waste of the better part of 20 years

So many posts were made. :negative:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
hey if bran can tell the future why didnt he warn anyone that dany was going to murder all those innocent people

why didnt he warg into drogon to stop it

does he not give a poo poo?

is bran the biggest villain in tv history?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Sansa: “I’m just gonna carve off 14% of your kingdom if that’s okay, broheim.”

Bran: “Sounds good to me.”

Everyone else: :shrug:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lol I just realized that if the selling point of Bran is that he's the Three Eyed-Raven then surely his successor needs to be trained in his ways too and that means it doesn't matter who they vote for because the person will just have their personality drained away.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

ZZZorcerer posted:

They should’ve named the maester who wrote the book George at least

There are some limits to fantasy.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

seriously why didnt they even have a throwaway line about succession of bran is he gona live forever because hes the three eyed raven

if literally everyone hates cripples, dwarfs and bastards why would people accept a cripple as king

Tyrion explained it. He said the high lords will choose future kings in the same way and same place they chose Bran.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Dangerllama posted:

seriously why did nobody question this

why does she want to be independent from her own brother

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

VegasGoat posted:

Tyrion explained it. He said the high lords will choose future kings in the same way and same place they chose Bran.

so what you're saying is

bran is Charlemagne?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Dangerllama posted:

i like to think everyone else didn't realize that was on the table at the time they voted

unidentified dornishman, edmure, and other nonspecified lords go "err we didn't know that was an option, can we do a recount"

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Elective monarchies are a classic “seemed like a good idea at the time” thing for feudal societies to do so it’s actually one of the less contrived things in the show. HRE became de facto hereditary to make things simpler but Scandinavia was pretty committed to the concept.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

taking a cue from the famously stable habsburg monarchy,

Ultimates2
Mar 3, 2009

Get your popcorn ready
Why couldn’t Jon just come back after the Unsullied sailed away? And where did Drogon go?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dangerllama posted:

Independent Stark kingdom was Bran’s long game

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

Elective monarchies are a classic “seemed like a good idea at the time” thing for feudal societies to do so it’s actually one of the less contrived things in the show. HRE became de facto hereditary to make things simpler but Scandinavia was pretty committed to the concept.

it all makes sense now

ive had my brain unlocked like the four eyed raven

GRRM got addicted to paradox games and told dnd the ending after he played too much EU4 and that's why we have the HRE ending.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Call ambulance. I'm die.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

what happened to the dothraki

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it all makes sense now

ive had my brain unlocked like the four eyed raven

GRRM got addicted to paradox games and told dnd the ending after he played too much EU4 and that's why we have the HRE ending.

I want to see what the ending would’ve been if D&D interrupted the nfl draft

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

hey if bran can tell the future why didnt he warn anyone that dany was going to murder all those innocent people

why didnt he warg into drogon to stop it

does he not give a poo poo?

is bran the biggest villain in tv history?

I came to that realization too thinking about it. Bran is the ultimate villain of Game of Thrones and he loving won. Dany wouldn't have gone crazy if she didn't know Jon was her nephew and who was the one who insisted Jon be told? Bran.

Bran also told Sansa, who then told Tyrion, who then told Varys, who then told everyone, leading to Dany's sanity slipping to the point where she turned into a villain and killed everyone and told the entire world she was going to kill everyone else too so that Jon could kill her and then become ineligible for the throne himself leading to Bran being chosen as king instead.

And Bran saw all of this happen and engineered it to go the way he needed it to get him on the throne.

Brandon Stark is the biggest monster in the history of Westeros and he now controls the entire continent, save the North, which is loyal to him by default because his sister runs it and she'll defer to him when push comes to shove.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ultimates2 posted:

Why couldn’t Jon just come back after the Unsullied sailed away? And where did Drogon go?

Drogon died on his way back to his home planet.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

PupsOfWar posted:

those were ghost dothraki from the battle like from star wars, they appeared for the victory parade and then faded away

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

They all died in that charge against the dead. After Danny died they all went poof like Starbuck

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

What happened to Arya's horse? Why did she suddenly want to be an explorer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

I came to that realization too thinking about it. Bran is the ultimate villain of Game of Thrones and he loving won. Dany wouldn't have gone crazy if she didn't know Jon was her nephew and who was the one who insisted Jon be told? Bran.

Bran also told Sansa, who then told Tyrion, who then told Varys, who then told everyone, leading to Dany's sanity slipping to the point where she turned into a villain and killed everyone and told the entire world she was going to kill everyone else too so that Jon could kill her and then become ineligible for the throne himself leading to Bran being chosen as king instead.

And Bran saw all of this happen and engineered it to go the way he needed it to get him on the throne.

Brandon Stark is the biggest monster in the history of Westeros and he now controls the entire continent, save the North, which is loyal to him by default because his sister runs it and she'll defer to him when push comes to shove.

bran time travelled to make sure he would climb up to that window and get pushed out to start the war of the five kings.

he played us like a drat fiddle.