Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think I’m fine with this ending actually. The main problem with this season was everything felt so loving rushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Didn't the awful post-Spacey season of House of Cards end in a similar manner to this?

The hell are you talking about, no way something like that exists.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Didn't the awful post-Spacey season of House of Cards end in a similar manner to this?

I didn't bother to watch it but I wanna make this edit and put Don't Stop Believing over it

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Update to my sister in law:

she actually loving thought the episode was great.

:sever:

E; anybody going 'the ending makes sense actually' isn't wrong, the bullet point 'this is what happens' summary of events is totally reasonable. Except the show doesn't earn any of it at all and sets nothing up and just rushes down those bulletpoints at breakneck speed and it's all loving trash.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
They formed the Holy Roman Empire, with The North as the France that breaks away. Iron Islands gets to enjoy being the lovely kingdom still stuck in the empire.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Sky Shadowing posted:

Update to my sister in law:

she actually loving thought the episode was great.

You must annihilate her in PUBG. It is the only just course of action.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Cao Ni Ma posted:

poop ending would have been better

We'll always have sunset found her

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

kater posted:

The hell are you talking about, no way something like that exists.

It does, unfortunately. It's a short season and it's equally rushed and terrible.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The least they could have done once Jon was past the Wall is have him shed his black cloak, accept a grey one from Tormund, and then disappear from view into the trees with the rest of the crowd.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
lol

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Now that I think about it, the unsullied would have just loving instantly killed the guy who killed their queen the second they found them. Or killed him at any cost and sailed back across the sea to their homeland because gently caress it. She was basically their Jesus/Messiah, of course they'd go for it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So we're getting Arya: Warrior Princess as one of the spinoffs, I take it?

They telegraphed that REALLY hard and I'm not the only one to think this by far

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

would have been awesome if at the end Jon turned out to have been a glamored Mance Rayder for the last 4 seasons and as he rides off with tormond he was all like "Well Torms, my man, we did it, we burned that whole bitch down"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Daario re-enslaved everyone in Meereen 5 minutes after Dany left.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Agent355 posted:

E; anybody going 'the ending makes sense actually' isn't wrong, the bullet point 'this is what happens' summary of events is totally reasonable. Except the show doesn't earn any of it at all and sets nothing up and just rushes down those bulletpoints at breakneck speed and it's all loving trash.

Also Bran's story was so irrelevant that he literally took a season off and nobody cared.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Agent355 posted:

:yeah:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Agent355 posted:

I just described it to a friend as "it's like they were told how it ends and then rushed to fill in the missing details"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So we're getting Arya: Warrior Princess as one of the spinoffs, I take it?

They telegraphed that REALLY hard and I'm not the only one to think this by far

who in their right mind would want to watch potato head weekly adventures?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jon's Northerly Adventures also seems likely enough. A bit less than Arya: Pirate Queen but close enough.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Agent355 posted:

The ending is literally Return of the King but bad. Everything from a book being written in the world that is named after the real book, to a group of people leaving on ships, to a bunch of loose ends being tied up, and multiple endings all at once.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Agent355 posted:

Pretty much this. I liked all the endings for the characters, but my god they needed so much more time to get there.

Also hi thread I can finally post in you. The show sucks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

who in their right mind would want to watch potato head weekly adventures?

What if they made it a buddy comedy with haley joel osment where they sail around solving crimes and having wacky adventures

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
And now, our watch has ended.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nail Rat posted:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nail Rat posted:

:frogout:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

lol the takes are going to be unbearable

https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status/1130300779686977536

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The cleanup with King Bran felt like outtakes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Game of Thrones S8E6 - Written by Dan Abnett.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

they should have ended it like Dinosaurs

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sylink posted:

The cleanup with King Bran felt like outtakes.

"Cleanup with King Bran" is disgustingly ambiguous.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Just Chamber posted:

Pretty much this. I liked all the endings for the characters, but my god they needed so much more time to get there.

Also hi thread I can finally post in you. The show sucks.

I still can't get behind King Bran, and Jon becoming the King Beyond the Wall makes 100% sense but it should just be his choice. No reason to make it punishment.

Especially because he was walked out of the city after the Unsullied left. How would they know? Will they follow his instagram?

How many Unsullied are even left out of that original 8000? A lot died to the sons of the harpy, and a lot died in winterfell, but somehow it looks like more than 8000 are left somehow.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

I still can't get behind King Bran, and Jon becoming the King Beyond the Wall makes 100% sense but it should just be his choice. No reason to make it punishment.

Especially because he was walked out of the city after the Unsullied left. How would they know? Will they follow his instagram?

How many Unsullied are even left out of that original 8000? A lot died to the sons of the harpy, and a lot died in winterfell, but somehow it looks like more than 8000 are left somehow.

Someone said it earlier, but they were just sending someone to the wall to invite Jon back and then were like "where did he go?"

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
So is this thread going to merge with the other one now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Powershift posted:

That show was awesome and doesn't deserve to be lumped with this garbage.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Well that was poo poo.

I did like Peter Dinklage awkwardly arranging chairs before anyone came to the meeting. That was good.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Darko posted:

Someone said it earlier, but they were just sending someone to the wall to invite Jon back and then were like "where did he go?"

Luckily for Jon, Tormund and the Free Folk read the spoilers and hung around at Castle Black for him.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's amazing how both series-long villains were ended the exact same way with a Stark stabbing them in the gut

Evil Dany was fun and the music was really good during her rants.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Powershift posted:

No, that's our world.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mameluke posted:

It's amazing how both series-long villains were ended the exact same way with a Stark stabbing them in the gut

Evil Dany was fun and the music was really good during her rants.

Imagine having a whole season of evil Dany as opposed to 1.5 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why the gently caress tyrion would have any power to banish jon?