Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
None of the writers put a single second of thought into the dynamics of Westeros, a land of noble houses where you gotta suck another lord's cock by having kids and marrying off your son to his daughter, under a ruler who can't father children. What happens when Bran dies or if he gets murdered and has no actual lineage? The realm instantly explodes into chaos worse than Dany murdering everyone in King's Landing. gently caress this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Pick posted:

man i hate sex scenes. i'm with... orson welles or whatever, sex was never meant for the great art of film. it's too dopey.

Sex is trash.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

new adventures of Arya spinoff with the production values of xena

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Also I like how they built up Arya to get poo poo done in the ending with a literal white horse showing up to save her... so she does nothing and fucks off to become an explorer (????) out of absolutely nowhere???? gently caress this show.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 20, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Supreme Allah posted:

I don't remember this plot line Pickle, are you thinking about something that happend in real life?

Ah I don't remember much about it either but back to THE TOPIC

Arya went full Reepicheep

it was the Chris Keller character

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

None of the writers put a single second of thought into the dynamics of Westeros, a land of noble houses where you gotta suck another lord's cock by having kids and marrying off your son to his daughter, under a ruler who can't father children. What happens when Bran dies or if he gets murdered and has no actual lineage? The realm instantly explodes into chaos worse than Dany murdering everyone in King's Landing. gently caress this show.

Think of all the medieval dynasties in which this happened irl...

So basically they should have elected Pod as king to prevent this horrifying future.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

They explained it in the episode.

When a king dies they'll have a dumbass Ironborn kingsmoot because THAT never worked out terribly for anyone.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

etalian posted:

Also the cast wasn't told anything about the future major plot points.

Spoiler culture is a cancer.

Issy posted:

Sex is trash.

That's what make it good. :smuggo:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A bisexual serial killer and psychopath who preys upon gay men in the outside world while hiding his sexual orientation through a series of marriages. Perhaps the most amoral figure in the entire milieu, he is a master of emotional manipulation and only seems to really enjoy himself when those who care about him are made to suffer, including Beecher and Sister Pete. After being recruited by Schillinger to seduce and destroy Beecher, he falls for Beecher and their relationship remains an integral part of the series. They alternate through periods of affection and animosity, such as when Keller takes the fall for having Schillinger's son murdered but also sets up Beecher for violating parole to get him returned to Oz. This act turns Beecher against Keller for good. In an attempt to regain his love, he switches a prop knife with a real one, allowing Beecher to kill Schillinger during a performance of the play Macbeth. Despite this, Beecher still rejects him and he commits suicide by throwing himself off the balcony in Em City, making it appear that Beecher pushed him. It is then revealed that he had a toxic substance mailed to Oz and released into the mail room, wiping out the remaining Aryans and requiring the whole prison to be evacuated.

again this show was like... lmao, out of control bad. it was supernatural fanfiction bad.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

When a king dies they'll have a dumbass Ironborn kingsmoot because THAT never worked out terribly for anyone.

but like the North isn't going to do that tho

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Like I said, the writers put less than zero thought into the dynamics of Bran as king. There is no logic and it's a total copout.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

He was a great character! He seduced anything, men, women, he had that one fat girlfriend that was his favorite

Chris, Ryan O'Reilly, Vern, Sa'id, Adabisi's tiny hat, the show had some fun stuff

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Bran can probably still have kids. I think anyway. Probably just needs a... hand with it!!!

Who would want to marry him though, ugh.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
i was half joking when i asked about edmure tully but thanks i guess

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Like I said, the writers put less than zero thought into the dynamics of Bran as king. There is no logic and it's a total copout.

If monarchy implies being the Three-Eyed Raven now, then it literally doesn't matter who sits on the throne because they'll need to have their personality rewritten.

There, more thought than they ever put into that poo poo.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kak posted:

his scene was almost TOO funny

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kak posted:

That idiot had some balls,

He was also a weenie jerk in Rome (he played Brutus)

Fine actor though, just plays weenies

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
OZ ruled, I watched that crazy poo poo all the way to the end.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

his scene was almost TOO funny

That was the only good part of the episode.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

shoutout to the danish fella who was so excited to be playing the tv version of urine gayboy

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

Pick posted:

Grant Morrison shout-out.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
What's west of westeros?

Maybe ask your brother who can just turn into a bird and look there. Or the college down south that is just like a thousand nerds hanging out discussing this poo poo.

I'm assuming she just hired the ship also, like I don't remember Arya being trained as an explorer, all her talents involve killing dudes and manipulating people. But if you can just hire a ship then why didn't anyone else have the idea of going west?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

George H.W. oval office posted:

Welp time to get excited for the next lovely series Westworld season 3!

you mean detroit beyond human : the series?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I liked the finale a lot more than I thought I would. I think the overall story over the last couple seasons was great, but the production mess (IE everyone wanting to move on and/or get real paid) meant it was a massive rush to the end that threw out any nuance or character development that really hurt the show as a whole. I'm going to go back and watch the whole thing beginning to end again to at least watch those last dozen episodes with some character development leading up to it...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so how dumb was it?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i didnt hate it. it was dumb and bad and rushed but i was happy enough with it. dany is dead and westeros evolves a little on the political spectrum until the next death war. as bad as this was. i enjoyed this shitshow more that westworld season 2 but at least this was fun.

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
the books sound like poo poo too

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I liked the finale but thought all the sexual tension/glances/overt comments between Sansa and John were a little excessive. I understand this isn’t a family show but when a brother and sister are effectively staring at each other while making the pointer finger going in and out of the hole gesture it’s a little much even for me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

underthecube posted:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lifespan posted:

I liked the finale a lot more than I thought I would. I think the overall story over the last couple seasons was great, but the production mess (IE everyone wanting to move on and/or get real paid) meant it was a massive rush to the end that threw out any nuance or character development that really hurt the show as a whole. I'm going to go back and watch the whole thing beginning to end again to at least watch those last dozen episodes with some character development leading up to it...

this, the show had a great run for what how good it was. yeah the last 2 seasons were bad but at least it had an ok ending as rushed and dumb as it was.

how it twitter taking it?

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

underthecube posted:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Where the gently caress was Gendry? Isn't he a lord of one of the most powerful houses in Westeros? Why didn't he get a vote or a spot on the small council? Why wasn't Bronn at the vote? He's Lord of Highgarden. It seems like he should have been there.

Nope, instead let's have a character no one has mentioned in a few seasons and a Dorne Prince who doesn't have speaking lines. Not to mention Sir Davos, Brienne, and whoever the gently caress the other guys were.

At least Jon got to FINALLY pet his dog. Now if only he knew what he's supposed to be doing as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
To be fair the pale horse being applied to the inventor of colonialism is fitting imagery.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

dudeness posted:

What's west of westeros?

Maybe ask your brother who can just turn into a bird and look there. Or the college down south that is just like a thousand nerds hanging out discussing this poo poo.

I'm assuming she just hired the ship also, like I don't remember Arya being trained as an explorer, all her talents involve killing dudes and manipulating people. But if you can just hire a ship then why didn't anyone else have the idea of going west?

I am pretty sure it's a reference to that Targ girl who went sailing off into the west if I remember right found three dragon eggs that were heavily implied to be the three eggs that Danny wound up getting.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It was a decent enough ending for the show on its own but man does it suck as a season finale for a poo poo fest like S8 has been.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jose posted:

so how dumb was it?

It was pretty terrible. The whole thing seemed to go in slow motion, but that's just because it was mostly characters walking around looking at the camera or rehashing whispered plot points. I almost fell asleep watching it. All filler, no surprises, no humor, nothing.

Oh, and I forget when, but I would occasionally argue with some people that Samwell Tarly was GRRM's self-insert. A lot of people disagreed, so I'd love them to explain the part where he plops down the book "A Song of Ice and Fire".

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

phasmid posted:

Oh, and I forget when, but I would occasionally argue with some people that Samwell Tarly was GRRM's self-insert. A lot of people disagreed,

Produce the epic arguments of all the legions you fought off that denied that Sam was the GRRM insert that GRRM several times has said was himself.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I laughed when Jon shivved Dany after her manic messiah-complex speech

I actually thought that was well done. Clarke sold the "I'm so goddamn crazy" angle pretty well, like Dany wasn't even a real person anymore

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

So sansa is scotland and arya hosed off to america?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Lol one of my friends is defending the ep with "Here's a thought: it's not our story to tell. GRRM shared his major plot points ahead of time with the show runners, so this is what he wanted. What did you want to happen? I'm sure George will change the book ending for you. :smug: " jfc