Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's cool that grrm got himself a free pass to demo the current ending of his series to the public

imagine if this is how it had gone down in print. o baby :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
it's funny how you actually could make another whole arc (not that i would want it) about how the remaining unsullied and dothraki fuckin go on a murder spree because their queen got shanked, they got no justice, and are in a foreign land with no purpose anymore, but no they are just ok we will go back home now bye!! show is over!!!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

The White Dragon posted:

it's cool that grrm got himself a free pass to demo the current ending of his series to the public

imagine if this is how it had gone down in print. o baby :gizz:

dany goes crazy + john kills her could be ok in a universe where the machinations of the characters was fleshed out but lol if he was planning on doing king bran

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Damo posted:

ah yes, house tarly, a true powerhouse in the show, let alone the books.

seriously, whoever is lord of the reach (bronn lmao, was he even in that scene? i dont think so) covers their vote. if house tarly has a vote why wouldnt house butthole in the neck or house dicktrench in the riverlands have one? why wouldnt ever minor house sworn to a major house have one?

I think they were promoted to a bigger position last season, given lands held by lords disloyal to Cersei just before the battle where they got burned.

Still probably overlaps with Edmure and/or Bronn, though. By the time he's on the actual council he's just doing the Grand Maester bit. Or Archmaester, it's hard to tell if he's relaying opinions or talking about himself in the third person.

Speaking of non-artistocratic power centers, I guess nobody wants to be high septon anymore?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Remember when the first men stacked a zillion tons of ice to keep out some nerd that got murked by a 70 pound girl?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

[quote="Waltzing Along" post=""495236299"]
Didn't like Sansa saying the North is free. Never liked Sansa at all, to be honest. But yeah, I'm sure the other kingdoms were like, sure you can be your own thing well we won't. We'll continue doing what we did before. Uh huh. Bran should attack Winterfell.
[/quote]

The starks territory is something stupidly large m, and the end of the show bequeathed them lile the territory the equivalent of a canada attached to their land filled with people utterly loyal to a blood relative. The sequel series absolutely would be a coalition of normally warring southern states trying to rally together to stave off Ned Stark III whose all hopped up on historical atrocities and revanchism.

sweet geek swag posted:

Charlemagne didn't have a crippled som to rule things. Feudal lords like following cripples, right?

One of his sons was noted as "the short", does that count. Note short in this context is like 5'10" cause charlemagne was like 6 foot something

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Kind of a sappy ending for the show about loving your brother and throwing a kid off a building and cutting off people's dicks and killing the whole family at the wedding.

When it stopped being perverse and transgressive the show kinda got boring.

It went to poo poo when the bastard came back to life and didnt have glowing blue eyes, rip.

It should have ended with khaleesi marching off to start her world war terror

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Scionix posted:

why is arya going to be christopher columbus. does she know anything about sailing? why does she care about exploring? has she ever cared about exploring? She seems to care about family alot but she doesn't want to be with her family?

where did she get money to hire a ship to sail to their certain death from? how, in any way, is this a satisfying conclusion to her character? all your questions and more, this week on:

the writers are dumb and terrible

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thranguy posted:

Speaking of non-artistocratic power centers, I guess nobody wants to be high septon anymore?

There is 0 chance that the guilds that would rise under seated king bran wouldnt be huge patrons of new extremely anti-nobility religious cults.

Edit: like historically pretty much everytime organized religions lost control and central power waned at all peasants went ripshit on any nobles they could find.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Dany should have won.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the character of Bran, after becoming the three-eyed-raven, would have been more interesting if he had been played by animatronics or a muppet instead of the actor

why did they even keep employing the actor if they weren't going to let him do anything

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i was secretly hoping for the iron bank to save the day and prove capitalism is superior to feudalism by killing all the oath taking dipshits

also i miss cersei she was a much better evil queen

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Remember when the first men stacked a zillion tons of ice to keep out some nerd that got murked by a 70 pound girl?

you mean the 8,000 year old apocalyptic ice zombie menace who seemed unstoppable, and to have some magical and deep rooted lore, connection to the history of the world (given the construction of an absolutely unfathomably large ice wall to keep them out), and reason for existing in the story, who then were destroyed completely in one episode in the middle of the season, never to be mentioned again, nor to have any further impact on the conclusion of said story?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/Authoroux/status/1130303621080371200

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I nearly shut this off when I heard the harry potter reference.

I really wanted this to be good.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

She's not wrong

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
it's better than having a titular line

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Did this not have one of those post-mortems where D&D vigorously stroke their egos about what everything really meant?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Preechr posted:

Did this not have one of those post-mortems where D&D vigorously stroke their egos about what everything really meant?

just make one up and you'll probably be accurate

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Preechr posted:

"The fact the ending of the show makes as much sense as everyone agreeing to a car wash to rebuild kings landing just means we subverted your expectations, you phillistine"

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
"Bran is the boy who lived _from a fall_"

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the character of Bran, after becoming the three-eyed-raven, would have been more interesting if he had been played by animatronics or a muppet instead of the actor

why did they even keep employing the actor if they weren't going to let him do anything

You mean the character of Bran would be more exciting if it was played by Rygel out of Farscape?

You're right there, friend.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Basically.

Im still flabbergasted HBO execs didnt look at their proposal and go, nah, well hire some other people to squeeze 2 full seasons out of this

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Yeah, he just seemed dissociated.

They should've gone for the, "psychic alien wearing a human," vibe Evil Cooper had in Twin Peaks.

(↓ Doppleganger who receives continual support and information from mysterious powers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGqB1P3t1YQ

"Weird and off-putting," would've been way cooler than, "zonked out douchebag."

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
soo, what are we going to bitch about non stop now

Asking for myself

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Barudak posted:

Basically.

Im still flabbergasted HBO execs didnt look at their proposal and go, nah, well hire some other people to squeeze 2 full seasons out of this

What proposal

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Supreme Allah posted:

soo, what are we going to bitch about non stop now

Asking for myself

i think i'll just wander out into the forest and die of exposure

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

This looks like an amazing show, especially compared to what we just witnessed

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Can someone please explain why they didn't just tell Grey Worm they'd totally send Jon back to the wall and then say "lol sike" when they sailed off and let him go wherever he wanted

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the writers didn't give a poo poo

that's the explanation

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What proposal

D&D had to pitch their S8 concept to HBO, proposing a single S8 instead of a S8 and S9 and making the final season short and higher budget per episode and presumably also included a plot outline.

Skypie posted:

Can someone please explain why they didn't just tell Grey Worm they'd totally send Jon back to the wall and then say "lol sike" when they sailed off and let him go wherever he wanted

The makers of this show know where they wanted it to end but didnt care what it takes to get there.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Dumb Lowtax posted:

This looks like an amazing show, especially compared to what we just witnessed

Oh evil Coop deserves his own spinoff, the show is great but you need a lot of patience to sit through his 'good' counterparts scenes.
In fact imma rewatich it right now while waiting for the new Chernobyl ep.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
remember when you got early admission to your choice college so you stopped giving a poo poo about your senior classes.

like you still got good grades but you were just phoning it in hardcore because summer started in May that year.

That's GoT Season 8.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Also I thought it was pretty funny when Bran asked where the dragon was and said "actually forget I asked, I'll just find him with my wizard vision"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I dont have context for how dumb Th3is ending is but I got into weeds during the first season and watched that train wreck for about 5 seasons more than I should have so there's no way its worse than what I went through.

El Pato
Jul 2, 2007

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
why does Jon have to kill Dany while embracing her, it would have been cooler (still poo poo) if he just unsheathed longclaw while entering the room, its not like she could do something about it

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Skypie posted:

Also I thought it was pretty funny when Bran asked where the dragon was and said "actually forget I asked, I'll just find him with my wizard vision"

Holy poo poo didn't even notice that lmao

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

At least an iron puddle is wheelchair accessible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Skypie posted:

And that's the last we hear about it. I was at least expecting a couple of seconds where we got the POV of the dragon. The amount of plot threads they just started and dropped in this episode is gratuitous .

Why did Sansa give up her insanely loyal and competent bodyguard? Why did said bodyguard forsake her oaths?

Why does no one mention the Iron Throne was melted?

God dammit gently caress this show.