Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Turns out in the end the only prophecy that mattered was the leaks

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to see what's west of Westeros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

sweet thursday posted:

its america

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

HBO should have had a montage of all the tits ever featured on the show after the credits.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Somewhere the correct eye pigment colors to enable her to fulfill her prophecy

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

limp_cheese posted:

And that's the last we hear about it. I was at least expecting a couple of seconds where we got the POV of the dragon. The amount of plot threads they just started and dropped in this episode is gratuitous .

Why did Sansa give up her insanely loyal and competent bodyguard? Why did said bodyguard forsake her oaths?

Why does no one mention the Iron Throne was melted?

God dammit gently caress this show.

they made time to fit in the shots of arya sailing in a giant custom built ship with a huge wolf head mast and wolf head sails

that was made by....we don't know who, instantly overnight in a burned city where all the workers are dead and no one is even putting out fire or rebuilding the gates yet

the true dragon king forgot to command his dragon and agreed to be sent away in exile despite being the true king who is the brother of the new king

let's not care anymore there are 65 of these problems

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Jon forgets his vows with another hot red head and births Aeeron Targaryen who upon learning of his birthright leads an army of wildlings to rule the land with fire and blood.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

honestly i checked out of this show in season 7 when jamie tilted at the downed dragon and i was like yes YES this is a good death for this character, charging when he should flee, it is a knightly and brave thing to do and he's a bad person who wishes he was good so gently caress yeah a knightly death trying to kill a dragon hell yeah im glad he WHUMPH DIVING LAST MINUTE ACTION MOVIE SAVE also he sinks into the river, going 30+ feet down wearing full plate armor but just washes up on shore at the beginning of the next episode. that was the exact moment for me that all the show's stakes evaporated.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

so basically all the spoilers were true? cool, prob gonna skip this one.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Jon Snow, for murdering the Queen you are sentenced to 30 years in Oswald State Penitentiary.

*Oz music kicks in as Bran wheels into frame and explains to the audience what Emerald City is*

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Brienne writing in the Bumper Book of Kingsguards:

Jaime Lannister, Captain of the Kingsguard
Killed King Aerys, whom he was sworn to protect
Failed to protect King Robert Baratheon from an angry pig
Failed to protect King Joffrey Baratheon from poison
Failed to protect King Tommen Baratheon from gravity
Failed to protect Lady Marcella from bad pussy
Failed to protect Queen Cersei from bricks

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ser Podrick Payne, Pusher of Wheelchairs, long may he avoid bumps that would jostle the king.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Who wipes Bran's rear end? Pod or Brienne?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Pod fucks for the king; it is known

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
"The North shall remain an independent kingdom, just as it has been for thousands of years!"

Yes Sansa, just like the Reach, the West, the Vale, the Iron Islands, Dorne, and the Stormlands. Dorne held out for roughly another 100 years after Aegon's conquest so they actually have a better track record than the North.

What an absolute moron.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
They could have skipped the entire second half if drogon just flames up the throne then flies off, the flames die out and voila now the iron throne has wheels. Bran rolls up and sagely says: "Right on time"

E: also tits

e2: also this song plays lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BvoNcodv7o

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I think that Mauler dude is going rant videos for every episode now and they're all as long as the actual episodes. lol

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

:yes:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I mean these water bottles are at least incognito, so this time at least it's not a marketing ploy.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I liked it, it's bad but I liked it

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1130351463375331329

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

lol at whoever bought that banner ad. I love this show.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

El Pato posted:

why does Jon have to kill Dany while embracing her, it would have been cooler (still poo poo) if he just unsheathed longclaw while entering the room, its not like she could do something about it

He didn't want to kill her, and thought 'think of the bunnies, Dany' was a more merciful end than chasing her around the room like a psychopath in a horror movie.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

El Pato posted:

why does Jon have to kill Dany while embracing her, it would have been cooler (still poo poo) if he just unsheathed longclaw while entering the room, its not like she could do something about it

Because then we, the audience, would be expecting him to kill her.

How would our expectations be subverted if that happened?

Arya could come flying from behind the throne I guess...

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

King Bran of the six strangely complacent kingdoms after Sansa just gets to peace out.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

"The North shall remain an independent kingdom, just as it has been for thousands of years!"

Yes Sansa, just like the Reach, the West, the Vale, the Iron Islands, Dorne, and the Stormlands. Dorne held out for roughly another 100 years after Aegon's conquest so they actually have a better track record than the North.

What an absolute moron.

Dorne doesn't want independence anymore I guess, even though no one could do poo poo about it if they left.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Goons Are Great posted:

lol at whoever bought that banner ad. I love this show.

post it i have adblock on

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's just the spoiler saying Jon kills Danaerys and Bran becomes king, with a link to this thread.

At least fyad was wrong with their spoiler.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Pff after the Half blood prince spoilers, it was a given that SA is a dangerous place to see spoilers.

Bran ending is basically an aborted Genocide run from Undertale.

Wetest fart ending ever.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

And that's the last we hear about it. I was at least expecting a couple of seconds where we got the POV of the dragon. The amount of plot threads they just started and dropped in this episode is gratuitous .

Why did Sansa give up her insanely loyal and competent bodyguard? Why did said bodyguard forsake her oaths?

Why does no one mention the Iron Throne was melted?

God dammit gently caress this show.
so the episode needed a pov scene from the dragon and every character being informed of what happened to the iron throne... what

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
imo Dany should have died on the throne, as a callback to Elvis. and then the dragon should have melted the chair with her on it, but then she turns to ash and explodes like the night king

then holy poo poo - whats that?? danys exploded ashes reveal a glowing egg that hatches - its a white hair baby night king thats sitting unharmed in the center of the lava flow and melted knife chair

and the dragon sort of mushes the chair into a iron cradle thing and carries it off, or maybe jon raises the knight king son? hell maybe its a night king daughter could u imagine?

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 20, 2019

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Lol at the idea that the six other kingdoms are going to go "yeah sure whatever" at Bran of all loving ruling over them, while one of the kingdoms gets to freely gently caress off because Sansa says so.

Train wreck of a series.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ya know with all those dragon glass daggers they made and probably wound up spreading all throughout westeros sooner or later some criminal is bound to stab someone in the heart with one and then BAM -new night king

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Remember one episode ago when they implied varys did some last second scheming and that child was never seen again lmbo

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Communist Bear posted:

Lol at the idea that the six other kingdoms are going to go "yeah sure whatever" at Bran of all loving ruling over them, while one of the kingdoms gets to freely gently caress off because Sansa says so.

Train wreck of a series.

"We should be free of dynasties! Also, two of the people who chose our king are his cousin and uncle and his sister gets to be queen of her own kingdom."

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

2DCAT posted:

Remember one episode ago when they implied varys did some last second scheming and that child was never seen again lmbo
he was writing a treasonous message about how jon had the real claim on the throne then tried to burn it and hid what didnt burn when he heard many heavy footsteps (guards) approaching

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Sansa hard braxited from the 7 kingdoms.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Why the gently caress didn't the dragon roast Jon to ash for murdering his mother?

Christ this ending is rivaling Dexter for how loving stupid it is.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I half expected the Dorne guy to just be like "Wait, not being attached to this shitshow of a kingdom is an option? Cuz I'm voting for that."

I did get a good laugh at everyone mercilessly mocking Sam's democracy idea though,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Why the gently caress didn't the dragon roast Jon to ash for murdering his mother?

Christ this ending is rivaling Dexter for how loving stupid it is.

Can Jon be burned to death since he’s half Targaryen?