Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm glad you're suffering, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:10bux: if you take both his hands off with one axe swing
50 if you bisect him

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Kuato posted:

Enjoy being single.

I've been down a similar path. Divorced out of a massively abusive relationship. Burned my old account because the forums were okay with personal attacks on abuse victims so long as they were men. The hypocrisy was neck-deep at the time, and I was not in shape to deal with it.

Work out, get healthy, enjoy your hobbies. The rest will take care of itself. Trying to do it the other way around is a bad path.

Protip: Absolutely nothing anybody tells you about the dating scene has anything to do with reality, especially if they've been out of it for a few years. It's all anecdotes and personal beliefs. The current dating scene is miserable no matter where you go. If you self-improve, trust me everything will work itself out. I was to the point that my dates were complaining that I wasn't trying to have sex with them like men are "supposed" to do. Happily married for a year now. Wake up every day totally content with my life and everything that's led to this point.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

revwinnebago posted:

I've been down a similar path. Divorced out of a massively abusive relationship. Burned my old account because the forums were okay with personal attacks on abuse victims so long as they were men. The hypocrisy was neck-deep at the time, and I was not in shape to deal with it.

Work out, get healthy, enjoy your hobbies. The rest will take care of itself. Trying to do it the other way around is a bad path.

Protip: Absolutely nothing anybody tells you about the dating scene has anything to do with reality, especially if they've been out of it for a few years. It's all anecdotes and personal beliefs. The current dating scene is miserable no matter where you go. If you self-improve, trust me everything will work itself out. I was to the point that my dates were complaining that I wasn't trying to have sex with them like men are "supposed" to do. Happily married for a year now. Wake up every day totally content with my life and everything that's led to this point.

nice gamergate meltdown in your rap sheet lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

revwinnebago posted:

Protip: I was to the point that my dates were complaining that I wasn't trying to have sex with them like men are "supposed" to do.

I just want to stress, repeatedly, if needed, in multiple threads and posts, over and over again as often as I possibly can:

definitely same here

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean that.

Just constant complaints from dates that I wasn't trying to have sex with them like I was supposed to.

Just...new and completely unexpected from the norm sex, not the kind they were expecting from their normal dates or with any concern with how I was "supposed" to be doing it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Big Beef City posted:

I mean that.

Just constant complaints from dates that I wasn't trying to have sex with them like I was supposed to.

Sounds like my gf. I just want to play Blackout, and she wants me to hang out with her and do stuff with her. V hosed up imo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Same, but during sex

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

Same, but during sex

It's like God flipped on a sexual light switch.

"What if sex isn't SUPPOSED to be like this".

Boom. A real game changer and really freed up my mind to whole new worlds of what SHOULD be expected from sex and what I COULD be expecting from it and now? Wow. Let me tell you brothers and sisters. It's something. And it's very real.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Go outside often, get a dog, get in shape

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
No

Rise above carnal needs

Join an abbey

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Have you heard of the red pill op?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you cut off your own dick you never need to worry about it again! Could get a cool name lik white wurm too, it's all positives as far as I can tell.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Is that Lena Dunham?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

WatermelonGun posted:

in case anyone is wondering he got banned from twitter for saying the slave trade was good because it brought jesus to Africa. I figure offsite is okay in this case because op cannot stop talking about twitter, even when his life is falling apart.

get help op.

How did defending the slave trade result in a twitter ban? The company is famously run by nazis

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol you could totally slay all these loose , thirsty women ??? no wonder your wife left you.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Other people?

No thanks.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Now might be a good time to try the gay stuff OP

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Icochet posted:

Now might be a good time to try the gay stuff OP

*smelling a dick like a fine cigar*

ahh, that's the gay stuff

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

You seem extremely hateful, OP, as do most of the posters ITT who are offering their support, so you should probably adjust your entire worldview

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

cnut posted:

Dude should have been practicing some push-ups, imo.

I like how you can see that his right arm is a little bigger than his left one (which is emaciated af), so you know that's the one he unblocks his flesh chain with.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Go outside often, get a dog, get in shape

p sure this is the most concise route to happiness possible

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

gary oldmans diary posted:

op being separated and out of practice puts you in overlapping territory of 2 distinct warring groups so you gotta be aware that the Ex-sex-havers are the ones having sex with their ex and the ex-sex-havers are the ones not having any sex. note the capital letter

not op but this was SUPER helpful thank u

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Eugene V. Deadlift posted:

Hey, real talk. That sucks, man. Hang in there

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

It's like God flipped on a sexual light switch.

"What if sex isn't SUPPOSED to be like this".

Boom. A real game changer and really freed up my mind to whole new worlds of what SHOULD be expected from sex and what I COULD be expecting from it and now? Wow. Let me tell you brothers and sisters. It's something. And it's very real.

Dang.
Being honest here because I don't care what anyone thinks

What?

What are you guys talking about?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

guestimate posted:

Dang.

What?

it is the moment of sexual apotheosis when you realize what you want from a sexual encounter rather than what (select influence here) tells you to want

the answer is different for every person, as is the influences involved, but many, many dudes tend to realize that the sexual conquest sort of poo poo that men are 'supposed' to want from the meme that they 'only want one thing' is incredibly loving boring and time consuming. for every purpose aside from bragging to your bros, your hand or a fleshlight will do as good a job (if not better) than your stereotypical barfly.

with that revelation in mind you can say stuff like "yeah hookups are great but have you tried passionate sex with someone you have a mental and emotional connection with? :discourse:"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

guestimate posted:

Dang.

What?

Buttstuff

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
which c-spam poster is your exwife

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Coolguye posted:

it is the moment of sexual apotheosis when you realize what you want from a sexual encounter rather than what (select influence here) tells you to want

the answer is different for every person, as is the influences involved, but many, many dudes tend to realize that the sexual conquest sort of poo poo that men are 'supposed' to want from the meme that they 'only want one thing' is incredibly loving boring and time consuming. for every purpose aside from bragging to your bros, your hand or a fleshlight will do as good a job (if not better) than your stereotypical barfly.

with that revelation in mind you can say stuff like "yeah hookups are great but have you tried passionate sex with someone you have a mental and emotional connection with? :discourse:"

Thank you.
Due to physiology, women learn this sooner (way easier to come when you love the guy)
[Usually, for most women, incontrovertibly.]
Sex is so much better with love. Those who don't know this are genuinely and sadly missing out.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Commie NedFlanders posted:

After some therapy work, I recognize that I had been struggling with a terrible personality curse and untreated PTSD for years, and using unhealthy coping mechanisms such as self medication. At times this would cause me to do stupid poo poo like post giant threads about the decaying state of our culture or when I was really out of it I would just bitch about c-spam and well she was a great woman and dutiful wife but everyone has their limits and when twitter banned me the writing was on the wall

:cheers:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OP you should talk to a therapist or psych or w/e and maybe find a support group for recent divorce, consider meds, it will put you in a better, healthier place to get back out there.

E: You already are! I say this so often that it's surprising to see someone already doing it. Good job and good luck.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
lots of :biotruths: itt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Coolguye posted:

Sounds like someone needs to try pegging

sabbathi
Sep 20, 2017

Commie NedFlanders posted:

After some therapy work, I recognize that I had been struggling with a terrible personality curse and untreated PTSD for years, and using unhealthy coping mechanisms such as self medication. At times this would cause me to do stupid poo poo like post giant threads about the decaying state of our culture or when I was really out of it I would just bitch about c-spam and well she was a great woman and dutiful wife but everyone has their limits and when twitter banned me the writing was on the wall

Coming from a similar situation minus Twitter ban, I understand what it's like. It's wild, new, and totally blows, but you're gonna get through it.

The big thing for me that completely changed my life was getting Ketamine therapy. I went from struggling with untreated PTSD, not sleeping for long stretches cause of nightmares, and getting hosed up every day to having a functional life and career.

Whatever you do, it starts with getting help. Companionship is always wonderful, but be wary of codependent tendencies, and ultimately starting all of it again with another person. Be safe, and be good.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Jose posted:

Sounds like someone needs to try opening up their relationship/polyamory

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Every time I date someone they want me to have sex with them it's hosed up

Anyway good luck OP

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Things didn't work out for the last open relationship goon, but he did have lots of sex

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jose posted:

Sounds like someone needs to try pegging

hey man sometimes the answer is pegging

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sabbathi posted:

Coming from a similar situation minus Twitter ban, I understand what it's like. It's wild, new, and totally blows, but you're gonna get through it.

The big thing for me that completely changed my life was getting Ketamine therapy. I went from struggling with untreated PTSD, not sleeping for long stretches cause of nightmares, and getting hosed up every day to having a functional life and career.

Whatever you do, it starts with getting help. Companionship is always wonderful, but be wary of codependent tendencies, and ultimately starting all of it again with another person. Be safe, and be good.
I've only known one person IRL who did K treatments but it worked fantastically for them. I'm hoping it proves to be broadly applicable and reliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Have u tried devoting yourself fully, body mind & soul, to our lord and savior?