Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
9 foot diameter pie, what an episode lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah mince pie is a top 10 dollop episode. I tend to lose interest in "random guy from 1800s"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

the audio on Dave's West Wing podcast is hosed

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Gripweed posted:

You should tell him that on social media. Dave "Sweetie Pie" Anthony takes criticism like that really well.

I've been listening to Walking the Room again, for some reason, and just got through Greg going back on Oprah. It mostly holds up pretty well, except for all the political/pop culture discussions being dated since it's from 2012-13. The back half is definitely weaker than the first half, mostly because Dave's crazy neighbors settled down or moved (and then Dave moved). It's also where the Dollop got its name!

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 14, 2019

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

The Dollop finally reschedules its show in Boise!

...but I moved to Seattle six months ago. Oh well, I might go down there anyway.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I went to check it out after reading this, and sure enough the first episode at least is unlistenably quiet on my phone+headphones combo.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Loomis robbery was very good too.

Let's rob Loomis!

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

beats for junkies posted:

I've been listening to Walking the Room again, for some reason, and just got through Greg going back on Oprah. It mostly holds up pretty well, except for all the political/pop culture discussions being dated since it's from 2012-13. The back half is definitely weaker than the first half, mostly because Dave's crazy neighbors settled down or moved (and then Dave moved). It's also where the Dollop got its name!

Where do you subscribe/listen to it? All the places I came across it it seemed the feed was jacked or something, all the episode orders scrambled and each 8 or 10 repeated over and over again before the next 8 or 10 are listed.

There are some great bits on WtR - Dave and Greg talking about their time in early internet streaming comedy radio was fascinating.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Lor posted:

Where do you subscribe/listen to it? All the places I came across it it seemed the feed was jacked or something, all the episode orders scrambled and each 8 or 10 repeated over and over again before the next 8 or 10 are listed.

There are some great bits on WtR - Dave and Greg talking about their time in early internet streaming comedy radio was fascinating.

I'm using Podcast Addict on my phone, and it seems to be pulling from multiple feeds, because almost every episode is listed multiple times, sometimes in weird orders, but it's mostly intact. I haven't been able to find anything better than that, though. The internet radio stuff is good, agreed. There was one episode where they spent the whole time talking about that because that's where they met the guest (ep. 167 w/ Travis Clark, Blake Clark's son). The stories about Greg's talk show or book stuff can be fun, too, but not as good as Dave's crazy neighbors or internet radio or bad audition stories ("Argh! I'm a pirate!").

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The first Brooklyn show is a memorable one. Was fun to watch the guest try and figure out the crowd.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

To this day one of my most memorable episodes was the live one they did on the 1904 Olympics with Rory Scovel. The little musical sting Scovel would do every time is a bit I still repeat in real life.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stratofarius posted:

To this day one of my most memorable episodes was the live one they did on the 1904 Olympics with Rory Scovel. The little musical sting Scovel would do every time is a bit I still repeat in real life.

it's the episode that introduced me to the Dollop by way of Jon Bois' Pretty Good episode about the Marathon section.

"Yes yes, a horse who can do math, but THERE'S A WOMAN TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS!"

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Are they still anti-Stitcher? I know a few years ago they loving hated them, but it's where all the rest of my podcasts live.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Do any podcasters like stitcher? I only hear a lot of hate for how they tack on ads that don’t benefit the podcast or some poo poo.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Just got done with the Loomis episode.

We should rob Loomis.

(it was a very good episode, a classic "Dumb Things That Actually Happened" Dollop)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

beats for junkies posted:

Just got done with the Loomis episode.

We should rob Loomis.

(it was a very good episode, a classic "Dumb Things That Actually Happened" Dollop)

:lol: that’s awesome.

For real though, we should literally do that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ariong posted:

:lol: that’s awesome.

For real though, we should literally do that.

Nah, I'm just joking around. A joke! heh heh

So, meet at midnight?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ariong sent me to help. DON'T LOOK AT MY FACE!

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Proteus Jones posted:

Nah, I'm just joking around. A joke! heh heh

So, meet at midnight?

At midnight to JOKE AROUND! Hah hah! Just joking.

You're bringing the equipment right?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Could buy a whole lotta velvet Elvises with that kinda cash, right fellas?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Which episode was it where a woman takes the subway to work and she somehow attracts a gigantic crowd of men who ogle her every morning?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Binowru posted:

Which episode was it where a woman takes the subway to work and she somehow attracts a gigantic crowd of men who ogle her every morning?

194: The Girl Watchers

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm at work so I can't get on Youtube, but there is video of the Beaver Drop and it's just as amazing as you imagined it was.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrOE-m7sX9E

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
New episode is amazing. One of my all time favorite Dollop jokes is in it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

dave just barreling right by gary's "prebear" joke got me good

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

SalTheBard posted:

I was there! Which one? Loved the epilogue re: an NYC landmark.

The other Brooklyn episode is an all-timer.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Damned if you do, damned if you don't

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Dave’s SoCal pronunciation of Oranje is inching me closer and closer to a murderous rage.

Maybe I should correct him on Twitter and also comment on the sound quality.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Based on the end of this episode, the Amsterdam show is just going to end with Dave saying "You ENTIRE COUNTRY IS GOING TO DROWN", right? I was thinking of going but I guess I won't if it's just going to depress me.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 5, 2019

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I only got halfway through the ep before I had to do other poo poo but it was great so far. The cheesedrunk dogs, the pirate barber surgeon, the dictionary of Mohawk sex words... I need to finish listening.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Its classic dollop, but goddamn Dave trying to pronounce New York names...

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

stealie72 posted:

Its classic dollop, but goddamn Dave trying to pronounce New York names... words.

It was a pretty good one. Also the more I hear Dave talk about the IPCC report the more I realize how hosed we are. 10 years. Yeah, that's...not going to happen. :smith:

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

Piquai Souban posted:

I was there! Which one? Loved the epilogue re: an NYC landmark.

The other Brooklyn episode is an all-timer.

I was there for the P.T. Barnum episode. It was great.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

SalTheBard posted:

So which one was it? I have no idea.

And yeah you would think that with as much touring as comedians do that Dave would eventually pick up on some pronunciations but nope.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Snowy posted:

So which one was it? I have no idea.

And yeah you would think that with as much touring as comedians do that Dave would eventually pick up on some pronunciations but nope.

SalTheBard posted:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

I also loved Gareths long pirate ship monologue

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Took like 45 minutes this episode lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Veskit posted:

Took like 45 minutes this episode lol

I was so hoping he was playing dumb but no, it took Dave literally spelling everything out for that little lightbulb to go off

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Another cereal men moment? I'm hype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Behind the Bastards with Robert Evans is doing a deep dive into John Brinkley who was the goat testicle guy.