Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Stannis the Mannis/Roose Bolton 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Speaking of The Boltons, why did the Starks and rest of the north tolerate a house that flayed people alive?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kak posted:

Speaking of The Boltons, why did the Starks and rest of the north tolerate a house that flayed people alive?

aside from that they were pretty cool

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Roose would always hook you up if you wanted to get your leech on

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the boltons gave up flaying like a thousand years ago when they submitted to the starks, but I think maybe they still did it sometimes secretly

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Lil Peeler posted:

Take a drink every time a character or plot Arc in this story goes nowhere

do not try to play this game watching season 1 or you'll be dead in an hour

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Fitzy Fitz posted:

the boltons gave up flaying like a thousand years ago when they submitted to the starks, but I think maybe they still did it sometimes secretly

Yes and they we're the second strongest northern house. They also had a really good if terrifying ruler in Roose. Well, in regards to stability and productivity.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Kak posted:

The Boltons historically hid their activities. Not sure if that happened in the dogshit tv show, but before TWotFK the Boltons were not so overtly terrible. Just secretly terrible.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I give my wife the same look Roose gave Cat when i slip into bed with no pants

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Kak posted:

They stopped doing it (where people could see them) and the other northern houses didn't really use to be any better back in the day. The Starks were some ruthless shits which is how they got to be kings, and people in the north in general liked draping their hearttrees with human intestines. Hard to judge a guy for peeling a few skins when you're cleaning guts of your hands.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

The north does not want to submit to a king... even if the king is their own guy, what?!?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...All+Articles%29

quote:

In an interview with EW, Hempstead Wright talks about the "oh s**t" moment he had after reading Bran's ending. "When I got to the [Dragonpit scene] in the last episode and they’re like, 'What about Bran?' I had to get up and pace around the room," he told EW. "I genuinely thought it was a joke script and that [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] sent to everyone a script with their own character ends up on the Iron Throne. 'Yeah, good one guys. Oh s**t, it’s actually real?'"

You and me both, Isaac.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I thought Jon Snows open mouth stupid face was bad but then it was usurped by Bran's ultimate blank, low eyelids, autism face.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
What happens once Daario hears in Meereen that Dany got killed? Does he invade Westeros with his forces? Does Tyrion have a contingency plan for that? Do the writers care at all? This show is total garbage.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Shhhh shhh. It’s over now. The show can’t hurt you anymore.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What happens once Daario hears in Meereen that Dany got killed? Does he invade Westeros with his forces? Does Tyrion have a contingency plan for that? Do the writers care at all? This show is total garbage.

who cares

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this show sucks

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

he has like 500 dudes i think, and also he's probably pillaged meeren and hosed of to open a tab at a bravosi brothel or something by now

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

sucked

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

whos dario

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Crimpolioni posted:

he has like 500 dudes i think, and also he's probably pillaged meeren and hosed of to open a tab at a bravosi brothel or something by now

Probably true. What a lovely show.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Showdown in Winterfell II The Roose is Loose

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Glenn Quebec posted:

Bran's ultimate blank, low eyelids, autism face.

I'd like to imagine he's just taking lots of Milk of the Poppy for his painful spine injury.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cowpocalypse posted:

bran's first order of business is to change his nickname to something other than "bran the broken" put some sweet flame decals and stick-on vents and a lift kit on his kickass wheelchair

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Just finished Rome, and even though their second season goes at an insane pace (someone makes the trip to and from Egypt in like 25 minutes) it has a way more satisfyingg ending. I guess they're working with historical stories, but even the fictional bits were resolved pretty well.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Shout out to Sansa for calling out Bran's broken dick

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Second Sons were like 2500 strong. They probably got killed by the slavers the next day.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

Just finished Rome, and even though their second season goes at an insane pace (someone makes the trip to and from Egypt in like 25 minutes) it has a way more satisfyingg ending. I guess they're working with historical stories, but even the fictional bits were resolved pretty well.

yeah like for instance in real life I think the time between antony staying in egypt and the battle of actium was like years if not a full decade but on the show it's like between episodes or poo poo maybe even between scenes

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

but seriously why was the snow so inconsistent in king's landing

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
looking forward to the grrm blog post saying that the next book is delayed because he left the floppy disk he was saving it on too close to the stove when he was making kraft mac n cheese for dinner

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Arya: Lost in New York

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I thought it was supposed to be ash at first, like fallout from the battle.

I guess it was just lazy writing instead?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Chomp8645 posted:

I thought it was supposed to be ash at first, like fallout from the battle.

I guess it was just lazy writing instead?

Yeah, it was supposed to be ashes I think. But like, it was obviously snow.

Also the little fires in the beginning were all CGI, lol.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Glenn Quebec posted:

Shout out to Sansa for calling out Bran's broken dick

Do they not know how to massage the prostate in Westeros? Or does three-eyed-raven-magicks render him sterile? I feel like GRRM would have a fully developed backstory for this kind of thing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
been thinking more about why I hate what they did to the show so much and I think it's just like

when the appeal of the show is its interesting and relatively consistent cast of characters and world building, it's REALLY BAD if you just poo poo all over the characters with terrible arcs that make no sense to their character and like completely forget important aspects of your world building like all the poo poo listed in the thread so far

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Do they not know how to massage the prostate in Westeros? Or does three-eyed-raven-magicks render him sterile? I feel like GRRM would have a fully developed backstory for this kind of thing.

this would be the one small council meeting in which bronn would come in handy

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Well Bronn is the master of the reach

Broken Bio Qlock
Mar 8, 2009
Nap Ghost
I loved the episode for all the wrong reasons.

A big "gently caress you" to holier-than-thou-i-know-best-you--are-either-with-me-or-against-me mindset so pervasive nowadays.

And an even bigger "gently caress you" to Danny fans than the previous episode. Gotta drink them tears.

All managing to stay true to the "monarchy sucks" message.

Loved it.

Season 8 was still rushed garbage though.

Broken Bio Qlock fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 20, 2019

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Broken Bio Qlock posted:

All managing to keep stay true to the "monarchy sucks" message.

It was more "monarchy sucks, but it's all we've got".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

the only thing they were consistent on is how inconsistent everything was