Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Random Stranger posted:

If Marvel comics is ever stupid enough to let me write a comic, She-Hulk will definitely be defending a bear with cybernetic machine gun arms in court.

His name will be Kodi-AK47

I don’t play Overwatch but I can’t see how whatever later character development they made for Zarya could match up to this:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-archives-unused-heroes

quote:

But Zarya was quite a bit different in those days, since she rode a bear while dual-wielding AK-47s. She would’ve had an ultimate ability that saw that bear mount also pull out AKs and start shooting, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I wish they would let the Overwatch creators just go crazy. I mean, it's still pretty out there since there's literally a robot death ball piloted by a hyper-intelligent hamster but, man, they could have gone so much further.

I still want Jetpack Cat.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Random Stranger posted:

If Marvel comics is ever stupid enough to let me write a comic, She-Hulk will definitely be defending a bear with cybernetic machine gun arms in court.

His name will be Kodi-AK47

The greatest missed opportunity of the Marvel Vs Capcom games is that, because they're fighting games, it's impossible to use the crossover to have the extended She-Hulk/Ace Attorney crossover we deserve.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Cleretic posted:

The greatest missed opportunity of the Marvel Vs Capcom games is that, because they're fighting games, it's impossible to use the crossover to have the extended She-Hulk/Ace Attorney crossover we deserve.

honestly, a straightforward She-Hulk defense attorney game would be a really fun use of a Marvel license

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LGD posted:

honestly, a straightforward She-Hulk defense attorney game would be a really fun use of a Marvel license

I have wondered for a long time why there is no She-Hulk animated series along the lines of Harvey Birdman (who had his own Ace Attorney game to bring things around).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cleretic posted:

This scene:

But it's She-Hulk mentioning she's a better Defence Attorney than Pheonix

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Every time I see that sequence of panels, the copy--paste job gets me. Like Reed is keeping up that ridiculous face for three minutes straight.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

[She-Hulk #18]

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

This scene:

No way would Phoenix react like that though, he'd immediately get unnerved. Then win anyway.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But how would you have a head-to-head between two defence attorneys? Twin brothers both charged with the same crime?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Lone Badger posted:

But how would you have a head-to-head between two defence attorneys? Twin brothers both charged with the same crime?

Well, these ARE Comic books and ludicrous games, so....yes?

Then again, with a good enough suit and straightened hair, She-Hulk would make a good Mia-replacement. Heck she could just be possessed by Mia if she was suddenly drawing a blank on some local law. No need to have them square off at all, they could be doing a Team-up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Lone Badger posted:

It's happened several times in the Ace Atorney games so whatever.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

The Lone Badger posted:

It's comics. Just like how "scientist" means they know every science ever instead of specializing, comics would make attorney and prosecutor the same thing

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

TwoPair posted:

Leave it to goons to start a legal debate over a gun handed man.

Uncanny X-Men #13

So they've both reverted to their old personalities post-resurrection?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Miserable Maid posted:

It's comics. Just like how "scientist" means they know every science ever instead of specializing, comics would make attorney and prosecutor the same thing

This "crossing over with Ace Attorney" thing is making more sense all the time.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

This scene:

Thank you for reminding me to find this image, also of Reed being an rear end in a top hat. Best source I can find is some Brazilian comic site that says it's Initiative 2007.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
That's from Dwayne McDuffie's short run on Fantastic Four somewhere around the volume 1 #550-ish range, right after the original Civil War.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Also, is that REALLY being assholeish? Reed has been doing superscience for decades. He's well known for his incredibly high IQ, his advanced equipment, and his dedication to science. He's so good at what he does that he has invented entire loving universes in bottles just to observe. Meanwhile, he's telling Hank that it would take a man like himself weeks to learn what Hank knows.

Considering all of Reed's advantages, it taking weeks is a long time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kurui Reiten posted:

Also, is that REALLY being assholeish? Reed has been doing superscience for decades. He's well known for his incredibly high IQ, his advanced equipment, and his dedication to science. He's so good at what he does that he has invented entire loving universes in bottles just to observe. Meanwhile, he's telling Hank that it would take a man like himself weeks to learn what Hank knows.

Considering all of Reed's advantages, it taking weeks is a long time.

I mean, telling anyone who's a master in their field that it would only take you a few weeks to get to their level is a little condescending. Even if it's coming from the smartest man in the world and it's true, that's kind of a slap in the face.

Anyway, Doctor Strange #9: Dr. Strange is facing the most powerful villain of all, ~gentrification~, as a corporation comes for Greenwich Village. He told them to gently caress off once. Now a couple years later he's suddenly facing a bad PR rap...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 21, 2019

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
A running gag from Clue (2018).

And a conclusive sequence. Mild spoilers, but nothing that will make sense out of context.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That is an ending worthy of bring in something named Clue.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
that's incredible

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It's the lawyer's briefcase that does it for me. :newlol:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A bold attempt when you're working against the oh-so-subtle 'Eldrichan' consolidated.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Miserable Maid posted:

In some common law jurisdictions we have what's known as "The Taxi Rank rule."

It means that lawyers who specialize in running trials (Barristers) are independent, self employed people who have no allegiances. That we accept Defence or Prosecution work depending on whom is hiring.

You could always say that they go to a country with a legal system like that. (In fact one Phoenix Wright game had him go to Victorian England.)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

(In fact one Phoenix Wright game had him go to Victorian England.)

Professor Layton (since you're referring to Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright) doesn't live in Victorian England; he is just extremely backward.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Which is to say a typical brit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Miserable Maid posted:

In Soule's She-Hulk, Jen had to defend Steve Rogers with Daredevil acting as a prosecutor. When there's only 2 lawyers in the universe these things are bound to happen...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Random Stranger posted:

Professor Layton (since you're referring to Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright) doesn't live in Victorian England; he is just extremely backward.

No that's not the game I was referring to.
There was ANOTHER Phoenix Wright game set in Victorian London. It was never released in English but some fan group has put out a patch for it.
I think it involves an ancestor of Phoenix Wright and Sherlock Holmes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7fl2xDedO8

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Random Stranger posted:

No there was a DIFFERENT spinoff, which never made it out of Japan. It was actually set in Victorian times, starting in Japan and moving to England, and he teams up with Sherlock Holmes and everything. But the Watson is, of course, Watson's ten-year-old daughter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

In Soule's She-Hulk, Jen had to defend Steve Rogers with Daredevil acting as a prosecutor. When there's only 2 lawyers in the universe these things are bound to happen...

That was a civil case.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Green Lantern Corps #207

Hal Jordan, Greatest of the Green Lanterns, everybody!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I like to think two things about this panel:

1) The lawyer is actually Matt Murdock, Strange just cast some spell of intimidation over him as he politely and expertly explained all the defensive but exacting legal procedures he could undertake while chewing on random but recognizable human body parts. That he's entirely colored red is just coincidence.

2) Strange insisted on the use of -that- :smug: picture or it was no deal

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
There was another one in that series where he actually invites the guy into his home and shows him all the hosed up spatial poo poo inside. Anyone got those?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The legalese talk in this thread plus talking about Endgame in the movie thread reminded me that She-Hulk acknowledges that it is common for people to die and come back frequently in this universe

Slott's She-Hulk #3

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

John Dyne posted:

There was another one in that series where he actually invites the guy into his home and shows him all the hosed up spatial poo poo inside. Anyone got those?

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Samuringa posted:

The legalese talk in this thread plus talking about Endgame in the movie thread reminded me that She-Hulk acknowledges that it is common for people to die and come back frequently in this universe

Slott's She-Hulk #3

I love this run, but good lord - has Juan Bobillo ever seen the Thing before? Stylized differences and all that, but it looks like he just got done reading Concrete and phoned it in from there.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Who built that bench? Doesn't Grimm weigh as much as a shuttle crawler?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Seems like that court sees superhumans testifying as a common thing, though, so some reinforcement on the furnishings isn’t too odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Keeshhound posted:

Who built that bench? Doesn't Grimm weigh as much as a shuttle crawler?

Ikea.