Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Through overexposure and bad booking they've almost killed the fun of the MITB as thoroughly as the Royal Rumble.

It's time to resurrect the Championship Scramble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Julio Cruz posted:

10 matches is complete overkill for any PPV let alone a minor one. Sure some of the matches will be good, but by the end no-one will give a poo poo because they'll be too tired to care.

Doesn't WWE consider MITB to be a major one now in the same league as the Big 4 shows?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The women's ladder match is obviously the opener so they can have the winner cash-in and thus Becky loses one of the belts without taking a clean fall.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dacap posted:

Doesn't WWE consider MITB to be a major one now in the same league as the Big 4 shows?

They may do, but the point of the Big 4 was that they were spread out throughout the year so each one could feel like a big event. It's pretty hard to push MITB up to that level if it's only 6 weeks after WM.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dacap posted:

Money in the Bank is probably a lot more memorable than Survivor Series is now

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Money in the Bank is probably a lot more memorable than Survivor Series is now

You're forgetting that Survivor Series is the ONLY place you can see the Superstars of Raw and Smackdown go head to head.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
wrong thread

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Drew McIntyre posted:

wrong thread

shouldn't you be warming up or something

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave is saying the title being introduced on tonight's RAW is the Wildcard Title, which will be defended across both brands.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/update-new-title-being-introduced-wwe-raw-284221

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was kinda hoping it'd be the old guys title.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave is saying the title being introduced on tonight's RAW is the Wildcard Title, which will be defended across both brands.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/update-new-title-being-introduced-wwe-raw-284221

Farrrrrt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MORE BELTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make the 24/7 title change hands during episodes of Ride Along or like a breaking news cut-in on Chronicle: Ali.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

VJeff posted:

I was kinda hoping it'd be the old guys title.

the universal title?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Aphrodite posted:

Make the 24/7 title change hands during episodes of Ride Along or like a breaking news cut-in on Chronicle: Ali.

UpUpDownDown. Make that the belt, screw it.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I should be excited about this announcement considering how beloved the 24/7 hardcore belt was, but even if they try and do something similar, they won't be able to pull it off well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Who wants to bet this title goes to someone like Roman for a while until the Smackdown title is taken off Kofi and put on a heel, Roman wins the Smackdown title, and the Wildcard title gets traded between a bunch of lower midcarders before flopping on the pre-show

I thought that a Women's IC title was more likely than the 24/7 title though, good to know it was even sillier than that. The universal midcard champion

e: I know the article says "Like a 24/7 championship" but I doubt it will go any further than just randomly traded around on house shows and TV

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 21, 2019

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Aren't there 5 brands?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah cause that's worked out so well for the women's tag titles.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Aren't there 5 brands?

Vince pretends anything that isn't RAW or Smackdown doesn't exist. It was pretty obvious on commentary last night, when they kept hammering home the point that Lacey Evans was a complete unknown and there was no taped history of her prior to her RAW debut.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince doesn’t watch the other brands. Even he leaves after Smackdown goes off air.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
lol if you think Vince actually watches SD

there's a reason it's usually pretty good while Raw is utter dogshit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

lol if you think Vince actually watches SD

there's a reason it's usually pretty good while Raw is utter dogshit

he's in gorilla running the show and commentary for smackdown and has been since it went to tuesday live.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Drew McIntyre will be on Smackdown tonight, according to PWInsider.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

awesome

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Narrator: He was not on Smackdown.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Narrator: He was not on Smackdown.

He was though.

Apparently Dolph's back because KO won't do the KSA show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

He was though.

Apparently Dolph's back because KO won't do the KSA show.

Hope that's him showing solidarity with Sami.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably not a good idea for Canadians to go over there anyway.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1131384247841955840

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Starting to think that half of the Scotiabank Arena getting sold to scalpers for Summerslam and shutting me out of tickets was a blessing in disguise.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rovert, please read the Buzz scale and tell us how much Buzz WWE is getting for these cards.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Rovert, please read the Buzz scale and tell us how much Buzz WWE is getting for these cards.

The Summer will probably peak over the next two Saturdays with AEW Double Or Nothing this week and NXT Takeover next week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

The Summer will probably peak over the next two Saturdays with AEW Double Or Nothing this week and NXT Takeover next week.

Hey, there's still............

The start of the G1 in Dallas...?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

VJeff posted:

And then the rest of the G1 leading into Dominion.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I choose to believe that Baron Corbin is Vince McMahon's secret illigitimate son or something. There's literally no other explanation for why they have now quadrupled down on pushing a guy who is ratings poison, doesn't sell any merch, and absolutely sucks.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Tato posted:

I choose to believe that Baron Corbin is Vince McMahon's secret illigitimate son or something. There's literally no other explanation for why they have now quadrupled down on pushing a guy who is ratings poison, doesn't sell any merch, and absolutely sucks.

He's tall, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

VJeff posted:

And Takeover Toronto!